Maingate Lakeside Resort
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$87
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$97
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
  • Pool
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$148
$119
QualityInn
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$107
$385
$369
  • Restaurant
2,672 results
All reviewspizza hutbreakfast buffetdisney parksmini golfred lobsterkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomshuttle bustwo double bedsfresh towelsminute drivewalgreenspoolsorlando
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the last 2 weeks of October. We turned up late on a Saturday night and staff at the reception desk were friendly and welcoming. We got to the room and started unpacking and discover a bug crawling on the wall near the door. I threw it out and thankfully it was an isolated incident. The rooms are ok nothing amazing basic room with a tv, small fridge/freezer coffee maker, iron and hairdryer...and free Wifi very good signal from room. We came to Orlando for the Theme parks and shopping. The location is great lots of resaurants nearby and the the theme parks and shopping outlets are no more of than a 15-20min drive away. The hotel was pretty quiet when we stayed and the pool was empty most days our room did not face the pool and was in block 15. Aircon was very noisy so we would cool the room down before going to sleep and then turn it off. The hotel was ideal for our needs, you get what you pay for if you want someone where cheap to stay this is ideal. The only odd thing is the 10 dollar daily service charge which doesn't really make sense which the hotel really should really reconsider. I've done a youtube video of the hotel grounds / pool and room check it out. Search youtube for 'Maingate Lakeside Resort (Kissimmee, Florida) - Walking around Hotel grounds/Pool/Room in HD'

Room Tip: We had a room in blook 15 facing away from the pool and was very quiet.
3  Thank Raj_East_London
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Raj_East_London: Thank you for being our guest! It was our pleasure! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, but would like to apologize for the troubles you mentioned as this is not typical. We certainly hope you will be able to spend your next holiday with us again!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here from 16th October to 30october 2013. We had two rooms next door to each other as my parents came on holiday with us.
We have been to this area many times staying at different properties and for the last 3 trips stayed at the continental plaza on the opposite side of the lake.
Maingate lakeside is a beautiful hotel.
We loved the pool area where we spoke to lots of friendly guests.
The rooms were bigger than we were used to ,basic but clean. Yes the TV was old but who wants to worry about that when you are in Orlando !!!!
We bought a kettle in walgreens for $16 but there was a coffee maker in the room , this was our own choice because it was easier when making tea/coffee for 6.
Able to walk to walgreens and a couple of the eating places in the area.
One afternoon we were all swimming in the pool and what looked liked a manager was walking round. He appeared happy as people were sunbathing /swimming , kids playing basketball, people having a drink and a laugh at the pool bar and one family we're having a little birthday tea in the pool area with cake, drinks and had even decorated the table for the occasion.
Everyone making the most of what's on offer.

We will be recommending this lovely hotel to friends and hope to return ourselves when we will request a poolview room.

Thankyou for a wonderful stay at your hotel x

Room Tip: When the bulb blew in the bathroom of my parents room after reporting it to reception maintenance arrived within 5minutes!! We emailed a couple of weeks in advance requesting our 2 rooms as close as possible and also to be on the ground floor. Our request was granted, thank you.
4  Thank karengr_10
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear karengr_10: Thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure having you as our guest! We certainly appreciate your review and thank you for the 5 stars... Please come back and visit us again real soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My sister booked us into this hotel based on it being close to the Disney parks and incredible value compared to many others. I spent two nights there but, honestly, I wouldn't do it again. The rooms were actually okay but the public areas - especially the outside corridors you use to access your room - were very dirty and unkempt. Despite the discarded rubbish/debris, there were also a discarded towel on the lawn (really - and it was not picked up in the time I was there).
There was a very odd/unattractive smell around the outside of the property at the time I visited.

The lobby/restaurant area was significantly better than the rear/outside of the hotel but my recommendation would be, if you can afford to spend literally $20 more per night, then there are a myriad of other better quality hotels I would stay at. Especially if I were taking my kids.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear potteb: We would like to thank you for staying with us and being our guest. We sincerely apologize for any troubles you may have encountered. We assure your comments do not go unnoticed and are taken seriously and shared with members of management. It is our responsibility to provide an exceptional experience for all of our guests and it is troubling to see we may have fallen short of your expectations. We do have many exciting things in the works and certainly hope you may decide to stay with us again in the future to give us a second chance. Thank you!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying in this hotel two weeks ago on our recent trip to Disney. Our room was very clean, comfortable bed, free wifi, and had a nice little sofa and coffee table which was perfect when friends stopped over! This hotel beat out the other hotels we have stayed at in the area (and they were at least $75. a night plus tax. Our price to stay here was $49. including the tax, during the week! Close to everything...nice big crystal clean pool and courtyard area. So if you are on a tight budget like we are give this place a try. I think it would be great with kids!

Room Tip: Upstairs pool side was nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 34657Katie
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear 34657Katie: Thank you for spending your vacation with us! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we appreciate your review! We hope to see you guys again real soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I agree with Anlaby-Traveller. Maingate Lakeside is not the Ritz, but it is a good place to stay while taking advantage of the attractions in Orlando.

My room was quite, safe and clean. The beds were comfy and the shower hot. That is all I needed. I saw no evidence of bugs, mold, etc mentioned elsewhere, and my interactions with the staff were all positive.

It is hard to understand all the complaints, many of which seemed petty, by some of the other travelers. Would I have preferred that the TV and towels were better or that the ice machine was closer? Yes. Would I have paid twice as much for these things? No. Is it noisier by the pool? Duh. Folks, you are in Orlando doing special (and usually expensive) things. Be glad you found a nice motel for a reasonable rate and enjoy what you came to town for.

I was in town for a convention at a Disney property that I could have never afforded to stay at. I was happy with the accommodations at Maingate Lakeside, and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff at check in and tell them what you want/need nicely. Don't expect the front desk to know what your family's preferences are. I was given a quite, easily accessible room, just as I requested.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank stpetebeth
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear stpetebeth: Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review and thank you for your comments. Please come back and visit us again real soon!