“Terrible!!”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #102 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed October 16, 2013

OMG please do not get me started with this HOTEL/MOTEL. We checked in on October 8th and were staying 7 nights. The first room we stayed in we checked everything over when we arrived into the room and there were HAIR on the sheets DISGUSTING. We called the front desk to have some new sheets, a houseman brought us new sheets and said they had nobody in housekeeping and we would have had to make the beds REALLY? Am on vacation I am not making anything. So the front desk moved us to another room and that was just as bad, well lets talk about this room. The shower head was not in all the way and had to keep holding it while taking a shower also the wake up calls were not getting to us. After about two days we had enough, we moved to another room YES 3 ROOMS IN LESS THAN A WEEK. Now the 3rd room we have by the POOL. It was much better than the last 2 rooms, hot water in the shower took 15 minutes every morning to heat up, the door knob in the bathroom was ready to fall OFF. After the 3rd room switch we met and talked to the Director of Operations and he waived the RESORT FEE. Yes a RESORT FEE at this joint, I can't see where they would call them a RESORT. Please do not think about either staying here, Its a nightmare. They have a breakfast buffet at the hotel/motel which isn't too bad. They also have karaoke on Friday, Saturday nights, well you could go to that, but plan on being the only one in there LMAO...If we would have never booked through Expedia we would have checked out the first room we were in.. It needs a lot of updating and I mean a lot..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lasvegasrobert
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear lasvegasrobert: Thank you for your review. I would like to express my sincere apologies for your troubles you encountered. This is not a typical guest experience and I assure that we do everything in our power to correct these issues if they should arise. It was a pleasure speaking with you and please feel free to contact me personally if you wish to discuss your stay further. We do hope you may stay with us again and thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,610)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

stayed here for two weeks in september staff was helpful and friendly and sorted any problems out quickly. nice restaurant breakfast is a must have. rooms cleaned daily, towels and bedding clean and changed daily lots of towels of various sizes. nice sized rooms however bathroom had black mould on bathroom wall build up over the two week period. the pool was clean and large and various depth but not heated. the surrounding area on site was always kept clean and tidy. on site shop had everything you need plus things you wouldn't have expected you to need they have really everything. a bonus is wendys also littrally on site.

Room Tip: pool view room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jay J

Dear Jay J: Thank you for being our guest! It was our pleasure having you stay with us! We thank you for your review and thank you for your comments... Please come back again real soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

First room had bugs second rrom bugs third room no bugs until 2nd night. The bathrooms are disgusting, sheets are hard and have holes, the comforter felt like sandpaper. We were booked for 4 nights stayed 2 and ran for the hills. GOOD LUCK with this place.

1  Thank Lee R
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Lee R: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered during your stay. We assure that we have ongoing pest control services by a well-know professional pest control company and this is very unusual. The hotel has management on duty 24 hours/day to assist guests with any troubles that may arise and we will make it right. We would be happy to discuss your stay with you if you feel your troubles were not resolved to your satisfaction. You may call the hotel and ask for myself, Director of Operations, and I will be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you and we certainly hope you may stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were very disappointed based on what the website looks like. It is not a resort, it is a motel. Great value but definitely needs refreshing. The hallways were littered, the bathroom was dingy, towels were tiny, thin and gross looking. Cleaning skipped our room one day and then we had to wait I've 1 hr for towels when we got home. I would rather pay more and be comfortable. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank NYTunis
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear NYTunis: We would like to thank you for being our guest and for staying at our resort. We value your comments and take your feedback seriously. We apologize for any troubles you may have encountered and want to assure that this is not a typical guest experience. We have management on duty 24 hours/day to assist with any issues that may arise and we will make it right. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

booked for 2 weeks,only stayed for one as we were staying in Lakeland with a friend.The room was fine with everything we needed,scrupulously clean.Staff were all friendly and helpful.Nice restaurant in hotel for breakfast another for other meals,food very good and reasonably priced.Bar had 2 happy hours and always 2 for 1 cocktails.I read reviews after I booked(unheard of cos tripadvisor is my bible) but was pleasantly surprised and very happy that some of them were wrong .Thanks to all hotel staff for making our stay fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pollywins48
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear pollywins48: It was our sincere pleasure having you as our guest! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and certainly appreciate your kind comments in your review. Please come back and visit us again real soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and it wasn't what I expected. When I called they told me I was going to have a microwave in the Kid's Suite and there was no microwave. Children eats free/....yeah, 3 and under...The fridge wasn't cooling enough, door did not want to close. The suite was only a big regular hotel room with a bunk bed and a queen bed. Very dissapointed. I was expecting a suite, not a regular room. Won't come back to this hotel. On top, it looked like a ghost hotel. No one to be found. Oh!!! the cable box was not working either, so we couldn't watch any movies. Bad service.

Room Tip: dont waste your money on a kid's suite, it's not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear mayranegron61: We would like to thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any misunderstanding, however we do offer a kids eat free program which is: 1 child 10 years old and younger eats free per paying adult. We certainly apologize for any troubles you may have encountered and would like to assure that we have management on 24 hours/day to assist guest with any issues that may arise and will make it right. Thank you for being our guest and we sincerely hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The name of the establishment is "Maingate Lakeside Resort"; however, I feel that may be a bit of a stretch. I would describe it more of "Pond-side Motel with some extras". The website is well done and makes it appear to be a newer establishment. The location is great (close to the parks and food). There is a complimentary shuttle to the parks and for $31.50 a night (plus a $10 "resort" fee) it seemed like a steal! So, when we pulled into the parking lot, I was....concerned I made a big mistake. We arrived late Friday 10/4 and were to check out 10/6. I went in the lobby and my heart sank a bit. It was older and had the smell of an older place. The staff was friendly which goes a long way for me. Anyway, one thing I was really counting on was the 'free shuttle' service to Magic Kingdom. Well, the first shuttle to Magic Kingdom wasn't until 10:55 am. The only other option was to get the 8:55 am shuttle to Epcot, then take the tram back to Magic Kingdom. Well, that's great if you only have adults or children or don't require a stroller and a bunch of other stuff. The shuttle service is free, but limited in times. So, this was a little disappointing, but not a deal-breaker. Anyway, we were tired and didn't want to venture far for some dinner. They have a little bar/restaurant called Hurricane Sam's. There was karaoke and some little girls participating. It was a little loud, but the music was ok and the guy doing it was cool. The bartender "Dave or Gus" was the only one serving everyone. He was extremely pleasant and was certainly earning his money!!! The menu was somewhat limited, but the quality of the food was pretty good. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised that despite the age of the facility is was somewhat updated and clean. I would say the tub could have used a little "magic eraser" action on the bottom, but ultimately, it was good. While we didn't go in the pool, it seemed very nice with fun lighting at night and a little play area for the kiddos. Finally, we at breakfast at their other little restaurant and you couldn't beat it!!!! It was a nice buffet (with a chef to do cook-to-order eggs) and all sorts of other food. The price was $7.99 for all you can eat and it included a drink (coffee or tea). The kids ate free...even got their milk for free. The staff was truly delightful and seemed to enjoy their job. In an area where your clientele is all tourists, often the service is lacking. We were truly surprised and delighted by this experience! End of the day, I would totally stay here again. I really only wanted to provide the feedback because it really was a nice stay. And, while it's not exactly what I would have thought based on their website, it's still a nice, reasonably priced place to stay.

2  Thank Mrsdcm77

Dear Mrsdcm77: Thank you so much for staying with us! It was our pleasure having you as our guest! We certainly appreciate your review and take your comments seriously. We are happy to see you were pleased with our bartender Dave and enjoyed our breakfast buffet! We look forward to seeing you again real soon!