“Spring Break Week”

Ranked #96 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Katy, Texas
“Spring Break Week”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It is a large hotel NOT a "resort"!!!! That is very misleading. The three GREAT things about this place was the proximity to disney world, cleanliness of the rooms, and the cheap pricing compared to most of the other hotels in the surrounding areas. I stayed 8 days and paid 430 dollars, great deal right there. With that being said here is the "truth" about this quote on quote resort. 1. It is not lakeside, it has a half filled POND next to the resort. 2. The only "WiFi" that is available is in the lobby NOT in the rooms so for the kids and parents that want to have internet access be prepared!!!!!!! 3. I had trouble with my hot water for at least 3 days of my trip, either it was hardly luke warm or not hot at all. Then all the other times the water would be 50/50. After complaint 3 days they finally fixed a pump and for my problems they knocked off a whole 30 dollars off my bill wooohooo *sarcasm* 4. The shuttle bus sucks, its super crowded and has two times they pick you up or drop you off no exceptions. 5. EVERYTHING is outrageously overpriced in this place. Sunscreen 15 dollars for a midsize bottle. The restaurant inside the lobby was mediocre at best. 6. The lobby was a coin flip either they people at the desk were super nice or super rude. Overall I'd rather pay an extra 100 bucks and stay somewhere that was more customer friendly along with WiFi and better shuttle service.

P.S. They don't take the money out right away from your credit card, they charge you after you checkout. SO for the people that are new to booking hotels, theres some food for thought!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that doesn't face the sunrise because those shades don't block noth...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlos h
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear carlos h: Your comments are appreciated and taken seriously. We apologize for any inconvenience encountered and would like to have a chance to speak with you regarding your experience. Please call the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may discuss your stay with you and make this right. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Finnish first
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2013

i booked through priceline and paid practically nothing for six days. I thought i was gonna be horrible after i read the reviews but decided it was just a place to sleep and sucked it up. It was night when we arrived and it was easy to find, well lit and the view was so pretty. Our room was 253, 2nd floor over looking the lake and the city lights. the room was clean and really spacious. I had half expected to just be away the whole time but after getting there and seeing how amazing the resort was we ended up spending a lot of time there. We hung out in the heated pool and at the bar. The staff was great, the breakfast buffet was great. The convience of having a pizza hut built inside the resort was awesome for those late night snacks. It was 10 minutes from everything and buffalo wild wings was right across the street (greatest wings ever). I absolutly loved the maingate and will be returning in the future for all my stays!

Room Tip: rooms 253 and 254 are the best, quiet, overlooking the lake
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank csumner
Dear csumner: It was so nice having you! Thank you for your review and please come back to visit us again soon! Your comments are sincerely appreciated!
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

First off...I'm still here right now with my daughter thst will be joimimg disney college an wanted to come an get info and hav some fun..an felt I needed to say a review...I have read other peoples reviews an I don't know what they expect in am area that services millions of people...but this hotel is very descent....first thing first... the rooms are your typical hotel room...u get a mini fridge that is a plus...as well as the beds were descent...TV is the old style..but really? Your n florida..why care..
We have a room right off the pool ...nice pool area an they have a bar out there as well...(wasn't opened yet but maybe just summer time)
I'm a hotel snob.. not gonna lie..I was a wee bit nervous...the bathroom was updated an was very clean an the floor was freshly shampooeed...mace me happy

As far as the hotel its self is cool..
You have a nice lobby...a pizza hut that has a bar for the adults...a mini mart that serves sandwiches fried foods...typical fast food...u have a breakfast buffet that is farely descent price... there is a basketball court ..mini golf...kids playground...a beautiful lil boardwalk in a lake to relax...an inside even a lil room with books to borrow an enjoy...
There is an arcade for kids...or adults..

Next door is a walgreens that was very conveniemt for things we needed fast...

Very close to all the parks....gets confusing so use navigator...that's my advise to all...

I will say one thing...be aware that yes this is a Wyndham affiliated hotel ...and they will try to sell u a timeshare or something...this is there job..
Kindly reply no if not interested...if u do there lil demo u will get tickets... its your choice...

All in all..this hotel is descent price with very nice housekeeping staff who do a good job...
This is a big place..not gonna lie..its huge an lots of rooms...

Your always gon a have a few issues...
I just stayed at embassy an honestly the embassy had more issues than here...

Good for your $ ....

1 Thank akangel30
Dear akangel30: Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are happy you stayed with us. I would like to correct that we in fact are not Wyndham affiliated, however they do have a guest service desk for tickets and promotions in the lobby... that does offer regular tickets without promotions as well. Thank you so much and please come and visit us again soon!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Worst place I've ever stayed, rude staff, disgusting rooms, uncomfortable beds. Nothing like the pictures on their website. It's a nightmare. I would rather pay hundreds next time so I at least get some sleep in a decent room

• Stayed March 2013
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Priors02: We sincerely apologize for any troubles. We would like more information pertaining to your comments in your review and have the chance to speak with you regarding your stay. Please call the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may discuss your stay with you and make this right. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here over christmas. Great hotel at a good price. Pleased that animal kingdom wasnt as far as expected! Rooms were nice with adjustable air conditioner. Beds have non allergic bed spreads ( I am allergic to some) The downside was the internet. The binder that said internet in all rooms isnt true. We was in block 8 and we had our phones and tablets squashed up to the window to get a good connction. Great place for a hotel with lots of restaurants surrounding. Loved the buffet! it had a wide variety of food qnd drinks. Our family loved dipping our toes into the pool we never actuallyswam in it though. Great cleaning room even though SOMEONE had paper in their pockets and we left the room in a state. There is a few soft drink machines dotted around!

Room Tip: Lower floors have easier access to washing and ice facilities. Blocks nearer reception probably have...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lily E
Dear Lily E: We thank you for taking time to review your stay and certainly appreciate your comments. We are working on the internet and currently offer wireless internet in the lobby... our apologies for any inconvenience. Thank you and please come back and visit us again soon!
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked through Expedia and found ourselves at this awful place in Kissimmee. We arrived back from The Magic Kingdom at 11 at night, I laid down and noticed a huge black hair on my husband's pillow. Upon closer inspection there were also blood stains all over it. Needless to say, after practically vomiting I called the front desk to get new pillows. That proved to be a nearly impossible endeavor because the faceplate with an extension list was missing from the phone. After finally getting ahold of the front desk, they said they would being new ones down. Well new ones arrived and we were shocked to see more hair on these pillows, plus crusty brown stains. I was so tired at that point I balled up a towel to sleep on. The next morning I noticed that were nasty white stains all over the duvet cover. I attempted to shower after but the stream came out at a trickle, the water stank and I practically fell in the shower because the floor was so slippery and dirty. I could go on forever but here is a list of other issues:

Broken door to room

No pressure in shower or sink.

Two lights in the room didn't work

There was a chair holding the door to the next room shut.

Broken phone plate (my mom sent my husband and I an anniversary bouquet on Friday and we didn't get it till Sunday because we didn't know the front desk left us a message because the phone plate was broken.) The employee's reaction pretty much read "oh well, sucks to be you."

2 inch space under the front door, you could see outside and that probably explained why there were so many bugs flying around the room.

They claim to have a shuttle to all the the Disney theme parks (I have the pamphlet to prove it) but the employees tell you that they will only take you the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There is no shuttle to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom which caused us a huge inconvenience.

Also there is a $10 "resort fee" per night.

It was most terrible experience I ever had at a hotel and I will never go back to Florida because of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren M: We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for any troubles encountered during your stay. We would like the chance to speak with you and make this right. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may assist. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you regarding your stay.
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived on March 8 to stay 6 nights. I was very nervous to stay given the fact we vacation at all inclusive reports in the carribbean usually but wanted to visit sunny Florida! Some of the reviews almost made me cancel our hotel reservations. I'm glad I didn't. Upon arrival, we were checked in swiftly and our room was clean and big enough for 2. We asked for and got a king size bed with pool view. We toured the grounds and the only thing I could say is a fresh coat of paint and some minor housekeeping would make the property shine more. Dave the bartender was AWESOME!! we met him the first night at the hotel bar and had a blast!!! He was so professional yet hysterical and we would visit him each day. He ran the tiki bar on Saturday and that was fun too!! He gave us great ideas where to go for fun . We would go back again and again just to hang with him!! The only downfalls was the pool by our room while beautiful and clean was not heated and noone went in ! I'm from maine and I swim in our frigid Atlantic and this was even too cold for me! They do have a heated pool however over by the tiki hut so that worked out fine ;). The resort fee was an extra 10.00 a day and we figured why complain when our room was clean, bed super comfy, location was great and staff nice! No it's not a 6 star all inclusive resort but we will come back soon!!

2 Thank Nick3973
Dear Nick3973: Thank you for your review! We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our bartender... He will appreciate the mention. Thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us!