“Backing on Disney World this is a modern, clean, spacious vacation rental”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed October 16, 2010

This is a large resort consisting of several buildings offering various configurations of bedroom setups. My wife and I arranged an extended weekend away to sunny Florida with my brother and his wife. We stayed in Building 1000 on the 3rd floor in a 2 bedroom unit that was conveniently configured with a large 1 bedroom main suite are with a 1 bedroom walkout. The living area had plenty of space for relaxing complete with wall flat screen TV, large sofa, comfy arm chairs, large dining table and a full kitchen with dishwasher. There was also in-suite washer and dryer available which was great for overnight laundry. Each bedroom had their own balcony and in the 1 bedroom walkout there was a mini fridge, microwave and small table... great for a little extra privacy for two couples. The complex and rooms was clean and well maintained... there was upgrading and painting going on with other buildings on site at the time but it did not affect our stay. The pool areas were relaxing and at that time of year they guest population around the pool at any given time was sparse... it was like your own private resort! There was alot of restaurants in the general area offering a variety of dining options. Disney World is literally minutes away via the back exit... the property borders on the theme park. Overall it was a great stay ... great weather and very relaxing. The only inconvenience was the in room wireless internet access. It was available for a small weekly (or daily) fee ... pay the fee and obtain a passcode however the passcode could only be used on 1 computer so if you have a 2nd laptop you had to obtain (and pay) for a second access code. However the biggest complaint with the wireless was that it was slow... it was nearly impossible to upload/download any photos or larger files... given that the internet access isn't free this is an area for improvement. There was a business center on site where you could use "hard wired" computers to do your work if necessary (but it is not accessable 24/7). Again this was a minor inconvenience overall as the rest of the stay was very good (one final note: I don't think they are very receptive to early checkin so if your flight gets in early best to plan other activities to do before checkin time)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tessa-is-Black
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed October 15, 2010

We met my parents in Orlando and rented 2 one bedroom units. Check in was fast and easy. I was then sent to "guest services" to get my parking permit. I went expecting to be harassed about taking a time share tour. To my surprise, I was given a parking pass, a list of the weeks activities(some adult, some child friendly), given directions to the parks and local stores, and told if I needed anything to call. Through out the week, we took them up on the offer, and they were glad to help every time, even volunteering to print things from the Internet for us. We had the 1 bedroom 2 bath units. It had lots of room. The rooms were very nice, with granite counter tops, huge shower with separate whirlpool tub, full kitchen and a huge flat screen TV in the living room. The staff was great, from the front desk, to security, to grounds crew. I was taking my trash to the dumpster when someone saw me and met me in a golf cart to take the trash the rest of the way. The only issue that arose was that the unit above my parents unit had a hot water tank leak and it drain into their unit. The staff upgraded them to a 2 bedroom unit for free and helped moved all their luggage. We spent a week at Silver Point, then moved to a friends condo in a newer complex for our second week. If we go back to Orlando, we will go back to Silver Points.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

awesome place. Great service from staff and great room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Our stay at Silver Lake Resorts was very nice. The Staff was very friendly. They offered to show me the timeshare but when I declined I was not contacted any more. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating. check-in and check-out was a breeze.
My room was clean and in good repair, the pools were great, we swam every day. The porch was screened in to keep out the bugs and was a great place to watch the lightening. The master bath had a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower . The only thing that was odd to me was the location of the washer and dryer. They were in a closet in the kitchen.
There was a fee for the wireless internet but it came with a discount card that was good for a great many things around the resort. Silver Lake Resorts is very close to Disneyland and Universal Studios. It is also located right in the center of the state so if you want to travel to the Gulf coast or the Atlantic coast it is a simple day trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Meelar
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Hotel location is wonderful if you are planning to visit Disney theme parks. Easy access was the greatest part about staying here - less than five minutes to each and easy to navigate! Rooms were clean, but sparse. Master bedroom king sized bed was extremely comfortable! Second bedroom had two double beds - they were fine for kids. Pool was very large, and not crowded. Well stocked convenience store on site - although typically high priced. Front desk help, ticket and tour help could not have been nicer, and very attentive. Call to replace broken light bulb in hallway outside was answered quickly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I am very picky about hotels so I wanted to leave a detailed review because I was so impressed with Silver Lake! Resort is very close to Disney. I could see fire works just over the tree tops from our balcony. It's only about 15 mins to Aquatica and Sea World. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by.
We stayed in building 900, room 9307G (1 bedroom G unit Condo-silver points.) Our room was beyond what I expected! Our room had a full kitchen with granite counters, 6 person dining table, modern living area with a flat screen TV, DVD player and sleeper sofa. Bathroom had a huge tub, sep shower, granite counter and washer and dryer in closet. Bedroom had a very comfy King bed with another flat screen TV. Balcony was accessed from sliding door in bedroom or door in living room. Flooring was nice ceramic tile except bedroom which was carpet. There was dishes, glasses, silveware, pots and pans, toaster, blender, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, small box of Tide, small dish soap and 2 dishwasher packets supplied. Staff was extremely helpful and you can also check out pool towels. There are 3 pools. Main pool is huge with a Cabana which sells food, ice cream and various drinks. It also has a volleyball net. But we only went there 2x because we loved the pool between building 900 and 1000! We went there everyday. We were usually the only family there. It has a walk in section with fountains. There is a game room and a small store in the main building which sells ice cream cones, and various things you may have left at home. Our building had an elevator, vending machines and a trash room on each floor. There's a small playground, tennis court, basketball area, business center, shuffle board and a fitness room along with daily activities for children. Also there's a movie theater which is free and shows family friendly movies. WiFi with a fee..I bought the activity card for $25...included discounts on food, and the small mart and WiFi for the week along with a few other things.
The only negative I have is when we drove up the drive (lined with trees!) I noticed the outside of the buildings need updating...well as we got closer I saw that they were painting the outside. They finished a few buildings while we were there and they looked great! Now the outside matches the beautiful room we had.
We would return again anytime!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank godzpeach
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed here for 4 days for a quick R&R trip. It was fantastic. Check in was easy, parking right in front of our unit. They even let us check in quite early. The room was clean and nice. Very comfortable bed.

I loved the location, out the back gate and you're at animal kingdom and all the other parks are just down the road. Also, right around the corner leaving the front gate is a super Target and every kind of eating place you can want. It's only a quite drive to get to the I-4 and hit the outlets. Really this a perfect location.

We enjoyed the pools greatly...all three of them. We found it nice and peaceful. They were kept quite clean and open to 11 pm which I really appreciate. I don't like when you get back from dinner and want a swim and the hotel has them closed at 9.

The staff were very friendly. Highly recommend this resort to anyone. Looking forward to our next trip. I don't say that lightly. I am well travelled both with work and vacations, this resort ranked right at the top.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple