We stayed at Silver Lake Resort over Christmas and New Years. The hotel was very nice and clean. We booked through our timeshare. The Kitchen is well stocked with things you would need to cook and eat. The bed was very comfortable and the layout of the resort is very nice. We didn't take advantage of some of the things the hotel has to offer but thought it was great that the had a movie theatre and golf simulator, the games room looked like there was lots to do there. One night we decided to rent a movie from the activites centre and they brought a dvd player right up to the room. Security is fantastic at the resort, very friendly. The location is fantastic, you are only a couple of minutes from all the Disney resorts, and back onto Animal Kingdom. We watched the fireworks from our balcony on New Years Eve.
I only have a few complaints about the hotel, first the wireless was not working in the rooms. We bought an activities card so we could have wireless and a few other things, like a paper monday to friday, 15% off food at the Cabana restaurant, and some other things. We spent a lot of time trying to get the wireless working, and in the end it never was fixed, they took the card back and gave us our money. I think they should have let us keep the other discounts for our time.
The rooms are close together, you go through one door and then there is an "A" and a "B" room, the people staying in the room beside us would walk through the doors and slam them, and a lot of the time wouldn't shut the outside door at all. They also checked out before us and the maids came to clean it and were also very noisey.
All in all this is a great hotel, and I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl