My husband and i stayed at Silver lake "Points" from 1/17-1/24, 2014 through RCI exchange. At first glance the property looks amazing.....closer look not so amazing!
We were in a two bedroom unit in the 1000 building. The building is old and had a terrible smell in the elevator and corridors! The carpet was filthy as were the walls and doors.
The unit inside was very large, but all furnishings were in need of replacement... tables and dressers were dusty and banged up. The floors were filthy and nothing was dusted.
There are nice flat screen tvs in each room, but no remote for the main living area tv.
The pools and bar area are very nice. The water is heated and it was very relaxing.
They have a nice fitness center with a sauna and lots of things for you to do throughout the day and evening.
you are to have free wifi access, but it is spotty at best and we couldnt print out our boarding passes which the activities director said was because some airlines have goofy programs that they display their passes in.....Really????
The absolute worst though had to be the RCI breakfast where you get hammered for 3 hours to buy points.....because we have a deeded property with weeks!
Awful!! They wanted to take our 4 bedroom lockoff with deed and charge us $8500 for a one bedroom here at this resort so that we could be points members. When we said absolutely no the gentlemen we were talking to brought in someone else to badger us. When they realized we were not budging, they dropped us like a hot potato. The $50 savings on a one park ticket was so not worth the time!
The resort is ok, but we have been in many others in Orlando that have been much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl