$194
$190
$179
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$90
ComfortSuites
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$104
$89
$216
$189
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$83
$77
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$134
$109
QualityInn
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$367
$149
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$125
$77
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$65
$53
Cancelon
1,667 results
All reviewsanimal kingdomgolf simulatorfull kitchenmain poolcabana bardisney parksmovie theaterwasher and dryerthrough rciliving roomno pressuretimeshare presentationone bedroom unittime sharesmaller pooljacuzzi tubactivities center
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I stayed at Silver lake in July this year. I found the experience to be fine compared to other hotels we stayed in joinging this vacation. We arrived slightly early to check in but the resort were fine they checked us in and then gave us a call when the room was ready. The staff were pleasent and helpful, yes they were foreign but spoke perfect English and lets face it where is America do you find staff that are not predominantly Spanish. We had a problem with a dates mix up but they quickly resolved it without any stress to us. We also had to receive a fax whilist we were staying and rather then hang around all day again they gave us a call to say it had arrived and kept it to one side. At no point were they rude or abrupt, yes reception seemed to be constantly busy but its a large resort so its to be expected.
I must admit when we arrived at building 1800 we were a little daunted by the lift area and the hallway, they were very dated and a little smelly. However, when we got into our room we were pleasantly surprised it was spacious and airy and the bathroom was huge and it was all very clean. The only down side was no maid service unless requested but as we were only staying for 3 nights it didn`t really bother us.
The location is excellent for disney, sea world etc and it feels secluded even though it is right off US192. As its not far from I-4 its also good for travelling across florida. There is plenty of places to eat within a stones throw although as its orlando its always best to have a car.
The pools were all clean and large. There is plenty to do for children with the movie theatre, arcades etc and the internet suite was free also.
All in all we had a pleasant say but I do think it largely depends on which part of the resort you are staying in.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicky484
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We just got back from our week long stay at Silver Lake Resort in Kissimmee, FL and what a great resort!

The resort is on a quiet road off Hwy 192 - "the main drag" in Kissimmee where all the restaurants and souvenir shops are and it's right by Disney 's Animal Kingdom. I like how there is a security guard at the entrance and they do a good job checking your guest pass, etc. The lobby is large and has a convenience store in it. There's also a counter to buy attraction tickets but she's there early in the morning and leaves early in the afternoon. The grounds are very well kept and quite pretty.

From reading the reviews here I requested a newly updated room and they gave us one in the 1700 bldg which is right next to the beautiful main pool, movie theater and golf simulator. The 1800 building is also next to the main pool which has the arcade/game room, gym and internet room on the ground floor.

We got a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with a nice size kitchen (full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, plates, etc), very nice living room/ dining room combo with a big flat screen TV and a pull out sofa bed. In the large main bathroom was a spa tub with a separate shower and a washer/dryer, and in the bedrooms were 2 ultra comfy king size beds and smaller flat screen TV's and both bedrooms had their own screened in porch.

The main pool is very large, almost shaped like a giant 8, it goes from 3'6" to 5' deep and is open from 8am to 11pm. There is also a smaller 4' pool next to the main pool which is never too busy. One part of the main pool has a volleyball net and my kids had a great time playing with us or other guests. You do have to provide your own ball but you can buy a ball in the store in the lobby. There's a bar by the pool which also sells ice cream and appetizers which aren't that good but it's convenient.

The resort has daily activities - lots of stuff for the kids like tye dying shirts, ice cream parties, movies, ping pong tournaments, etc. There's also scuba lessons and I did the $10 spa treatment but the lady does have "the products available to purchase" but there's no pressure and it was quite enjoyable.

We did have to do the typical timeshare presentation which wasn't too bad. We sent the kids to the arcade while we did it.

Make sure you look for the coupon booklets in your welcome packet or they're in most of the restaurants . We saved quite a lot on meals and attractions.

We really enjoyed our stay at this resort and would love to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank bbern69
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I booked the reservation through RCI as I am a Wyndam owner and RCI came with the package unfortunately. This is in no way a Wyndham slam. Wyndham resorts are outstanding, I just wish there were more of them in Florida. Had there been more Wyndham resorts, I would not have landed in what I will refer to as "Motel Hell" aka Silver Lake Resort in Orlando.

The only good thing I can remotely come forward with this resort, is that is the location to Disney, but hey....take a look, there are alot of NICE resorts in that area so not such a great or outstanding feature right? You do not need to settle with this type of chaos if you are looking to have a peaceful and relaxing experience. Mine was SO totaly not that.

My check in was terrible, the folks at the desk were curt and rude as if I was infringing on their break time. I was cast away like a red headed step child when my reservation was less that what I anticipated or was described to me by RCI. The check in was extremely busy and they did not have enough rep's to cover the need. Can you say WAIT? I had to wait a long time to get the mishap resolved. Ohhhhh if only RCI would have been honest and up front with me regarding this room or lack there of, all of this could have been avoided.

But RCI was not. After all who is gonna sell you on a dump? But it's a really great deal! DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR ADVICE! RCI was not forth coming with the fine print right off the bat, thus leading to my check in troubles....It SO could have been avoided if RCI were to have been looking out for it's members.

I was told it was a very nice resort and was a great deal to boot and that I should take it now while it was available as it would not last the hour. I SOOOOOO wished I had passed on this "deal" as it was a vacation nightmare. Had they told me we have occupancy in a lower rated facility, I would have thanked them and stayed home.

Look at the testimonials, not much has changed at this resort in the last year. If you are an RCI member take their description of resorts with a grain of salt.....do your own research...they have not stayed there themselves, I would bet. in fact I told Matt, manager of RCI customer service that if Silver Lake were to offer me a complimentary week stay I would give it to some one I hate. I offered it to him even.

I had 2 br/2ba accomodations and upon first inspection it did look relatively nice. The grounds were almost decent and the rooms looked adequately furnished but worn. The mirrors definately told the age, or lack of a qualified interior decorator. The lack of a disco ball left me wondering and what exactly was that stain on the comforter?

The amenities were less than that of a Motel 8 or La Quinta and that is not saying much for a "star" rated resort. Starting with the room.....is it electrical or do they just not take the time to check the light bulbs? My "light" went out at that point and I shook my head in disgust. What are they paying the hired help for any way, atleast those that could actually speak english? Did they not understand " NO LIGHT....LIGHT OUT?" Or can they not see?

The elevator went out conveniently as I returned with groceries. While talking to the elveator repair technician he indicated that this is routine for this resort. I am thinking in the back of my mind....Gosh what if? What if I was on the 4th floor for heavens sake, and the elevator was out for who knows how long. My son who is diagnosed with autism, freaks out on stairwells and heaven forbid the building cought on fire for faulty wiring. I felt extremely concerned and unsafe in a relatively new building. Would I be trapped in an elevator with my disabled son at any moments notice? Well you might have guessed that I was not only concerned but very scared. I hardly slept the nights I was there.

The card keys may have worked 1 out of every 30 attemps which would not have been all that bad but the halls are not air conditioned and in Florida, it was a feels like temp of 150 degrees. I was told the room included certain things that were half true. Did the person in charge of lights check this as well? There was no DVD/ VCR player at all. The TV did have a few reconizable channels you could actually tolerate watching and the rest were full of static and snow or I was left with a blue screen of death. That is only of course considering I received any TV service at all. The Toilets scared me as they flushed with such force I was afraid not to put the lid down or I may very well be covered with Pooh! EWWWW! They did have a small game room that ran on tokens which would have been almost medioker but the token machine did not work so that was a HUGE bust. We ended up going to Orange Lake ( a light up the road) to participate in activites and have some actual fun) I am a week owner there so I have full acccess year round. The activities at Silver Lake were a joke.

The walls were paper thin and I could hear the young family next door like they were in my lap. The baby screaming and crying at all hours only to be muffelled by the electric guitar and all the vibrations the woofer brought on. What did I hear from the staff or RCI about all this? NOTHING! and we are only on day #2 here. It went south from there at a rapid speed.

And you were thinking it could not get worse right? Well I called RCI yet again to complain as the resort obviously did not care and I was told by RCI management that if I was so unhappy with the resort that they would be happy to have Silver Lake Resort Security escort me off the property....yeah folks you got that right. My my son who heard the phone converstation was convinced the resort police were "coming to get him" because he acted up to the constant screaming of the neighbors and their lovely electric guirtars. I spent the next few hours trying to calm him down and coax him out from under the bed.

Despite my attemps to satisfaction, I turned to my son at day 3 and asked him if we could return home. like many other Silver Lake guests we doing. He told me not to give up. At this point I do not know who was worse, dealing with Silver Lake or RCI?

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank sharetampabay
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Me and my boyfriend both in our 20's stayed here June/July 08. We didn't drive. My mom booked this through RCI and NO time share pitches were made.

POSITIVES
* Nice pool area
* Good location to Disney (if you drive).
* Friendly staff
* Rooms are better than Motel 8 or some other budget hotel!
* Free shuttle to LBV factory outlets.

NEGATIVES
* Taxi service only used by resort has a contract and charged us $15 for 1 mile! - we asked at guest services if it was safe to walk to the 192 strip (restaurants/shops etc) and she said "No, For sure you WILL die!)
* Cockroaches, they are all over the resort, didnt find any in room, but it isn't nice by any means.
* Ticket desk never has english speaking staff (if your chinese or spanish your good to go!)
* Jacuzzi didn't work.
* 19" Plasma screens dont look that great in a big living area (and it wasn't central to the wall so you couldn't see it).
* The 'Brighthouse' network that the resort has shows you programme guides upto channel 98, but you can only watch up to channel 42.

Overall I had a great holiday, it's a good base, but I wouldnt come back again. For the amount of points this used it was ridiculous really. I would recommend come here if you get a cheaper deal because it just isnt worth it when you have other resorts (even Disney resorts & Hilton) offering weeks alot cheaper, and they are alot nicer overall.

If you are planning not to drive here, you are limited to what you can do, however we found that yellow cabs are cheap and didnt limit us too much.

I am writing to RCI to get this resort downgraded to a 3* as its certainly not a 4*. Don't be tempted to come here if they cant offer you better, exchange it for a resort like Mystic Dunes or Westgate Lakes.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairejones7
Reviewed July 1, 2008

POSITIVES:
Huge Pool Area and 2 smaller pools in other areas
Huge Room (500 building)
Nice Bed in Master Suite
2 person shower and tub
No pressure to attend a timeshare pitch
5 minutes from animal kingdom

We were very relaxed most of the time and I would stay again

NEGATIVES
Front Desk put me on hold every time I called, one time I was on hold for more than 20 minutes
Internet quit working in the room, but was refunded at end of week
I found 2 cockroaches in room, one was huge
room keys don't fit back gate entrance
rooms outdated-but from what I could tell, they were in the process of remodeling
LOTS OF MIRRORS