“Would stay here again”

Ranked #8 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Toronto, Canada
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the property as part of a discount vacation package that we won. We were in a 1 bedroom villa and I have no complaints.

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, and was willing to give us directions to things in the area like a Walmart and liquor store. Our villa was nice, I had requested to be in a renovated building and I'm not sure that we were, but it was still clean and nice, just the furniture was a little dated. Everything we needed for cooking was in the villa which was certainly convenient.

All the staff around the resort were always friendly. They would always smile and say hello. The activities staff around the pool worked hard to keep people happy.

The cabana restaurant by the pool was a little pricey and the food was just OK, but it served it's purpose when we were hungry but to tired to cook after being in the sun all day.

the resort is very close to Disney (which we didn't go to) but only a 20 minute drive back to Orlando if you want to go to Universal, Sea World, etc.

Since this was part of a package we were required to attend a timeshare presentation. The sales rep with us actually bearable and didn't pressure us at all. I think he realized we were young and were only there because we had to be. When we said no he let us just sit there for the rest of the time we had to be there, then signed off on our free attraction tickets without any grief. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

If I was travelling back to the area and was looking for villa type accommodations I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Columbus, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked a trip to Orlando through a timeshare from Discount Florida Vacations or Newport Marketing July 24-28.

My first issue is, upon purchasing the vacation I was informed that I would have a 2 bedroom suite with one king bed and 2 twin beds because I traveled with my daughter and son and specifically wanted separate beds. Upon arriving we were given a 2 bedroom hotel room with King beds in both rooms and our son had to sleep on the couch the entire vacation.

My second concern is, the representative I spoke with assured me before I made the purchase that there would be no additional fees other than hotel taxes (I specifically asked this question). The contract I printed off line also states this. Upon checking in we were told that we had to pay an additional 150.00 that would be held on a credit card and it was policy and we could not check in if we did not pay this fee. Also they wanted to charge a 17 dollar wifi be and 10 dollars a night for hotel tax.

The walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors cursing and arguing as we walked down the hallway. Speaking of the hallways they were beyond nasty with spots all over them.

The timeshare presentation was ok, however the representative showed us a beautiful model of the hotel which did not resemble our room at all. When asked about it, he stated the nice rooms were reserved for the owners. Guess I will never be one.

If you are looking for a nice resort try the Encantada resort, it is nice. I should have gone back there.

Room Tip: Stay someone where else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank harrs111
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just finished a 7 nite stay here and we loved it!While my husband spent his time at the Wide World of Sports as a referee,I spent my time by the beautiful pool each day!Our one bedroom suite was clean and neat!We stayed in the 1800 bldg overlooking the main pool!So many great activities by the management!!Giovanni was out ever day with something for the kids and adults!!Our room # 1857 was awesome!!Staff was friendly and Cabana Bar and Grill offered great drinks and menu. It would be awesome to have a restaurant on site other than pool bar but the gift shop does offer a menu.The back door access to Disney is great!My only complaint is that the " free wifi" is very limited.If you need wifi,you may as well pay the fee to have it all the time!I will definitely
return to Silver Lake!!

Room Tip: We were not in the older condos so I can't vouch for them.We were on the top floor (5th) in our...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We all really enjoyed our stay at silver lake resort!! My daughter enjoyed the games room, theatre,the pool and karaoke. While myself and my husband enjoyed the hot tub, cabana, and the location. Awesome experience.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Melissajamiekylie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place! Will definitely stay again. Closeby shops. Walking distance to Animal kingdom. washer and dryer in suites is so convenient. There's karaoke, free movies and lots of family activities. Free shuttles to outlets.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Becky C
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Silver Lake Resort offers the best in a luxury vacation. The location is amazing, but the resort itself offer/s a multitude of activities for everyone in the family and is a great place to relax after visiting all the amusement parks. The grounds are immaculate as are the apartments. Each unit is equipped with everything you need for a great stay, including a whirlpool tub and washer/dryer.

However, one of the best parts of our stay was The Cabanna. Sam is great and made us feel like family. The drinks were very reasonable and the food delicious. It offers a place where the adults can meet and talk, besides providing food and drinks for the kids. We met some great people from all over the world over a beer.

We cannot wait to go back. We don't have children, but we found relaxation and friends even though we did not visit the parks. Well done. We could not give Silver Lake Resort a high enough rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All size rooms are large, comfy and accessible. No room issues at this resort.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janet d
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I went to stay for a long weekend and were greeted with a $150 deposit amongst other fees when I had already paid RCI for the room and am an owner with RCI. Got to our room which we knew was one of their hotel units but didn't realize that the room would be so small. Also, the walls are so thin we could hear the conversation that was being conducted in the next room as if we were sitting right there with them as well as the pleasure of hearing their screaming baby day in and out! This place is definitely not my first recommendation in Orlando! The staff; when I asked what the $150 deposit was for she told me it was company policy and that it just is what it is and it would be returned to my account 3-5 business days after I leave. We had also asked for silverware to be brought to the room because it was a hotel unit and we wanted to eat some leftovers from the previous night... 2 hours later the silverware shows up at the door! Not happy with this trip!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Viksfan084
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!