My mother got us certificates from RCI to stay at a resort and we chose this one. It was really nice when we arrived and everyone was very friendly during the day. We dropped our stuff in our room because we were so excited to see attractions. That evening when we got back we noticed a strong chemical smell in our room. Thinking it was fine we all went to sleep. A few hours later, around 1:oo am, my 2 year old woke up with a severe asthma attack struggling to breath. Not sure what to do we took him outside thinking we may have to got to the ER. As soon as we went outside he was fine!
So, we headed to the lobby to ask for a different room. When we got to the lobby there were 5 other families in line with complaints about mold in their room and several other issues. We waited our turn which took about an hour with the one person they had on duty. When it was our turn this person could not help us because all rooms were booked and he was not a manager who could make decisions. He called his manager several times and was still not able to help us. He did say that he could upgrade us to another room for $400.
Luckily several other people were having issues and they gave us information to call RCI. (All 5 other families left this resort that night). RCI was wonderful and transferred us to another resort. We were very relieved that we did not have to take our two year old back into that room, but it was really horrible to have to wait in the lobby for 4 hours during this process with one staff member on duty who could not make decisions. So, at 5 in the morning now we checked into our new hotel. Our plans had to be shifted for the next day since we didn't since, but we had a great trip after that.
This place was a really pretty resort and if you are going there you may really enjoy it. Just hope that you don't run into any problems in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl