Silver Lake Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)
  • Pool
1,492 results
All reviewsanimal kingdomfull kitchengolf simulatormain poolcabana barmovie theaterdisney parkswasher and dryerthrough rciliving roomfree moviesno pressureone bedroom unittimeshare presentationtime sharejacuzzi tubactivities center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

First off, let me just say, I have been against the whole time-share thing ever since we bought in and have tried repeatedly to get DH to sell out. When we decided to try and plan a spring break trip to Disney World, contingent upon getting to use our time share, I was not optimistic (this was at Christmas.) By using reviews on this site and others, I was able to select a resort option that sounded like it would meet our needs - 2 BR, 2 bath, full kitchen and living area, close to Disney, with a nice pool.

We were in one of the older buildings, not yet renovated (1800), and while I had hoped to get into one of the newer ones they were all booked. The decor was a little dated and some things were showing their age (I had a daily fight with the coffee maker), but overall it had a nice ambiance, very spacious, comfortable beds, clean, screened-in balconies, washer/dryer in the room. I didn't make it to the pool, but DH and the kids loved it.

Some minor gripes: I hate having to pay for Wifi. Come on, people. I just chose to not use my laptop and used my Iphone instead. I could have done without the "courtesy calls" at 8AM. There was nothing offensive about the calls, per se, just the earliness, since we seldom got to bed before midnight. Last, I went to get money out of the ATM and it ran out of money during my transaction. The manager came and sorted it out, but it could have been an issue.

Generally, no real complaints. We had a comfortable stay in a nice, spacious room that was bigger than our first two apartments. We were only minutes from Disney and there are lots of other attractions nearby. We could not have afforded this trip if we had to pay the nightly rate.

Room Tip: The 1800 building has elevators. The top floor would probably be very nice, you could overlook the pool but be away from the noise. We were on the 4th floor away from the pool.
1  Thank theflyinghillbilly
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom (building #700) with some friends who had to do the 2 hour tour (we paid $35/day extra for the upgrade from 1 bedroom). It had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living, dining and 2 bathrooms. Master bedroom was phenomenal and the other bedroom was nice too. We loved the resort feel, the many pools, the entertainment and the amenities. Get the extra entertainment package ($16 day) and you get discounts, free movies and internet. Would do this again in a second...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The terrible smell about gage us when entering the room. When I complained to front desk they did not have any open rooms to move to. The next day I complained to the supervisor and she said we could move but had to pay a cleaning fee as we had now used the room. Upon finding cockroaches, we checkout and moved to a clean resort. It cost us money but better than staying in the roach resort.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
4  Thank James L
Reviewed March 15, 2013

As it says in the title this was our 3rd visit to Silver Lake. We really like the resort and as we where visiting for Spring Training it was our first choice of a place to stay.

Previously we have stayed in a one bed and a two bed apartment in building 700 ( which was fab) and I had booked a two bed again. However this time we had a lock out unit in building 1800 which came with a couple of slight niggles. The first was an Air con unit which sounded like a tornado every time it came on. This was easily sorted as it was Feb and not really needed so I switched it off.

The second "problem" was the fridge in the studio portion of the unit. It was so loud that it was impossible to sleep in that room. We did report this but the maintenace where unable to reslove the issue. This was not too terrible as there where only two of us but if we had been visiting with our kids we would have had to move.

These where only minor gripes on our part and they did not hinder our enjoyment of the rest of the resort, As always the units where very clean and the beds where very comfy, although the bed in the one bed part of the unit was so large it was right up against the window. Pillows where fab! I must try and get some similar for home :-)

The kitchen was well equipped and I cooked a nice hot breakfast every morning :-) Initial supplies where in the unit on arrival but the Publix is not far away for restocking.

The pool was warm and the hot tub was just that - HOT! Great to come back to after a long afternoon watching the baseball.

All in all I still love this resort and will look to return again when we come back to Kissimmee next year.

Room Tip: Of the 3 trips I would say that the two bed apartments in building 700 have been my favorite so far as they where a single unit and very spacious and well equipped.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We rented through RCI one week. We stayed from Mardh 8th through Marh 15th. There was 5 of us in a two bedroom condo newly renovated. The beds were super comfortable with a well sleeping pull out in the living room. The bathrooms newly were renovated as well. The kitchen was a bit small but had everything you ever needed to cook nice meals. The staff at check in was very friendly and helpful. We asked not to be bothered with sales people calling about timeshares and we never got one phone call. We stayed in building 800 on the 2nd floor. Building 800 was directly accross from a small heated pool, great for early March.

The Pros:
1. Two enterences to the resort helped avoid traffic nighmares.
2. The resort is very close to everything.
3. Staff is very friendly and helpful
4. The Condo was newly renovated and very clean. Plenty of towels in the room and new washer and dryer in room.
5. Small store, game room for kids on property. Also has a movie theater on property- we did not use so can not comment.
6. Nice little bar and grill set up by the pool with live entertainment - made for a fun evening.

I could go on and on
Just a few cons:
1. The walls are thin. When you walk down the hall to your room you can hear into the other rooms - but when inside your condo, you CAN NOT hear what is going on in the hall or room next door unless you are close to the condo enterence door. So not too bad of a negitive.

2. There never seemed to be enough pool towels by the pool (small pool by building 800). Everytime we went to the pool we had to wait - sometimes for hours to get a towel. So several days into our stay, to fix that problem, when we finally did get towels we just took them to our room and kept them for the duration of our stay. We did mention this at the front desk and they were super nice to tell us they would pass our concerns on to menagement.

3. There was no Hot Tub at the building 800 pool so one night we decided to go to the larger main pool and hang out in the Hot Tub. It was about 8:30 and the Hot Tub was filled with little kids. No room for other adults to get in. The kids stayed in there an never got out so others (Adults) could get in. We made several attempt to use the Hot Tub but never got the chance due to parents allowing their children full run of the hot tub. My suggestion is to limit the access to The Hot Tub for kids after dark or something like that.

4. You have to pay for WiFi - not cool!

Lastly, and this is just a small observation about the grounds. Most resorts I've stayed in were pleasing to the eye. Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere makes for a great evenign walk. This resort did nto have the nicely planted grounds I had expected. Evening walks were ok, not anything special. All you really had to look at during your evening walks around the resort was parked cars and oplain buildings. Nothing really special. I was just a little disipointed thats all. Over all it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms when booking room. I heard some people were not too happy about their rooms because they were old? I loved ours...
3  Thank Worldtraveler1618