We stayed for one week during Xmas. We booked the resort through RCI. Very nice place, clean, spacious, lots of sunshine in the room. We have a one bedroom suite, it has full kitchen, washer and dryer, a nice bathtub. When checking in, ask for the 'newly remodeled room'. The frontdesk sells disney and universal tickets, glad we bought our disney tickets at the hotel, my cousin tried to get tickets at the gate but was not able to since the park is 'full', but with the tickets bought at the hotel we could still got in the park.
The resort has lots of good stuff, swimming pool, theater, mini superstore. We cook breakfast in the hotel room every morning, feels like home, or even better, since at home we only eat bread and milk in the morning, at the hotel we actually cooked breakfast. We cooked three dinners in the hotel room too, saving $$ than eating outside.
We didn't have chance to spend too much time inside the resort since we were in the parks all week.
There is no maid service during the week. But they sent clean towels and sheets. I also asked for extra towels which they sent immediately.
The kitchen is packed with everything you need, very convenient. They have extra trash bags too. However, I don't know where to dispose of the trash, in the end we put the trash bags downstairs next to a recycle bin.
Only bag thing is roaches! There is a HUGE one in the kitchen. We called maintenance the next morning, they did sent people to spray pesticide (on Xmas day). I appreciated it. I also found a couple roaches in the hallways, they are huge! I checked our luggage carefully, so not to bring any home. ;-)
The resort is next to Animal Kingdom, very conveniently located. There is a mcdonald close by and Disney gift shops closeby.
Overall it's a very pleasant stay, we'd like to stay again next time we visit Disneyworld.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl