Silver Lake Resort
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$92
$87
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$97
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
  • Pool
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$135
$119
QualityInn
$373
$205
Cancelon
1,539 results
All reviewsanimal kingdomfull kitchengolf simulatormain poolcabana barmovie theaterdisney parkswasher and dryerthrough rciliving roomfree moviesno pressureone bedroom unittimeshare presentationtime sharejacuzzi tubactivities center
Reviewed February 2, 2013

If what you are looking for is a spacious, adequately maintained, condo-converted property for families during a Central Florida vacation, then this possibly could be a good choice for you. However, if what you are looking for is service, customer support, room-service, housekeeping, or any type of hotel-resort experience, Silver Lakes is NOT your choice. This is advertised as a resort, in all actuality, this is a complex, developed for time share condos, which has been split into what they describe as a "hotel." The units have been "divided" into very small (300sq/ft) units which are adequately clean, but not serviced. My major complaint is that we were NOT on a budget, and were booked into what they called a "hotel room." Many attempts, both over the telephone and through emailing the property manager, led to absolutely NO RESPONSE about our desire to pay for an upgrade to a larger room. It was only after our first night's stay that I received a call from a polite representative on my my cell phone, who informed me that "upgrades are very restricted." I informed him that price was not my concern, however 300 sq ft was not our intention, and offered to pay more. It was clear that this facility was not concerned in taking our money. HUH? We, as American Express Platinum travelers were offering to play more, and yet they had no desire to accommodate us. That being said. We had paid in advance, and booked three nights. We left and found a more hospitable property for our last night. I was more than willing to give up what we paid for our last night, in order to find a property that appreciates customer service, our traveler status, and doesn't reject the financial power that a customer can provide. Again, if you are budget minded, with no expectations of service (no pool-side servers, no room service, no housekeeping, no ability of personnel to make a customers stay better) then you may be satisfied. 5Star resort? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Small minded managed time share, yes. Would NEVER recommend this to our friends.

Room Tip: Best tip I could offer is to choose another property.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Todd F
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last year we were so pleased with our 3 brrm. unit that I gave this a 5 star rating and even mentioned this to mgmt. on exiting. This year we waited 2.5 hrs. to get into our unit while observing 13 couples (who all arrived AFTER us and given their keys) get their units. The desk girl had completely forgotten us although we were seated within 20 ft. of her. She (Karina) NEVER apologized. Our unit on the top floor was directly beneath a rumbling roof mounted unit.' that never let up all week. Since serving in the armed forces for over 20 years I could live with the previous problems. What I could not live with was being bitten (in many places) by fleas in our unit-------Yes Fleas! Try,or hope, to get a unit where your neighbors are elderly and quiet since the walls are very thin in this resort.
The good side: Location on back rd./ great pool/ good maint.dept. when needed/ large rooms/ great showers and water pressure.
Last word: Because of Karina and the Fleas we will NOT be returning to this resort next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CharlieSwedesboro
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the resort. It is mostly off to itself so it's pretty quiet. We stayed in the 1800 building and had a view of the pool. The view was great. The rooms were clean but slightly dated. Our room had a bathtub with jets which was cool. The beds are pretty comfortable. The resort has a small movie theater and game room/arcade which our daughter enjoyed (so did my husband and I). The pool is huge. There is a cabana that serves bar food and beer during the day and until about 11pm. There is a gift shop that is like a small convenience store and sells everything from toothbrushes to fresh tomatoes. The location of the resort is very convenient. There are lots of restaurants and stores nearby. There is a Target and Publix very close. We would definitely go back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Chrisine P
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wonderful resort with nice pool areas and very clean. Location was great. You could go out the back gate for a quick ride to all the parks.

Staff was very helpful and although we are seniors we noticed some great activities for families .

It was nice having the free WIFI

Room Tip: ONe bedroom in hotel had a king size bed and nicely appt but on the small side. It had a mini fridge and microwave The screened in balcony was a real plus
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deedeeann
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for one week . We had a two bedroom and my daughter had a one bedroom. It was a great place to stay. I would stay again. Pools were very nice. Rooms were great. Stayed in building 900. They have ice cream social which give you so much ice cream. The bar at the resort is little pricey.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family