WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Silver Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 Bath Condo in the 800's- the room was huge and new- I did see 1 bug about mid way thru the trip- but other than that- very clean- nice to do a load of laundry(although the maids should have checked the lint trap before we checked in) - the pools are very pretty- the guys at the GAME ROOM/Movie check out are really nice and we thought $25 for a card was a fine deal-
Had a view of the lake and stayed for $200 for a whole week- great deal- very close to everything-microwave was new- fridge was good- the keys are horrible- they just do not work- take like 100 tries- weird- even after exchanging for new ones-with so many places to stay inFL I would not stay here again but the staff was nice- only called 2x to ask us to tour and we politly declined- the extra room attached is a little weird but the ppl next to us were quiet so no noise issues-

Room Tip: The 800's are new and very nice
1 Thank heathery1213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Southern Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three days two nights at this resort, in their H rooms (hotel rooms for short stays). First impression was it was not what I expected when I drove though the gate- I expected it to be a little nicer (more upscale). Building 1700 had so much perfume being pumped in the main lobby and elevators - first what smell are they hiding and two think about the scent sensitive people! The hotel room was so small, old carpets, ok bed. It came with a small fridge and microwave. Pool (there are three we only went to the main one) is nice, nice to have to cabana. Close to Disney and fast food and Target. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Picayune, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our family stayed her last year and felt that it was a clean, small resort close to Disney that accommodated our family well. We thought we'd try it again. This time our stay was not as pleasant. We booked through Armed Forces Vacation club so, the price was right. $340 for the week in a 2br condo, can't beat that. This was the same price we payed last year.Rooms are clean and spacious. My issues are that the property is worn. We had security out to our room everyday working on the locks and to bring us new keys. Units have a lockout hotel suite that can be rented as the 3rd br or rented to other guests, both having access to the foyer. This is a bit strange and cumbersome if your having problems with your door locks and keys. Walls are paper thin. Housekeeping is suppose to arrive midweek for a cleaning but, never showed. I would never buy into the property as a time share, skip the tour. There are many beautiful resorts just as close to Disney that we will try before venturing to Silver Lakes again.

Room Tip: Top floor end unit to mitigate noise from neighbors.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dyej
Toms River, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We could not have been happier with Silver Lake Resort. We stayed in a newly renovated 2 bedroom unit. Plenty of room for our family of 5, and it was gorgeous! Beds were oversized and extremely comfortable. Master bathroom suite was beautiful. The property and grounds were well kept and immaculate. The 3 pools were wonderful. Wish we could have spent more time swimming, but it was a Disney vacation so we spent a lot of time at the parks. Speaking of which, it is a 2 minute drive to Disney World property. We were so close to Disney that on Saturday morning at 5:45am, we were woken up by the music blaring from a Disney 5k race taking place at Animal Kingdom!! We could hear the announcer cheering on the finishers from our screened in porch. I would complain to Disney, but I have a feeling it wouldn't matter. We would stay at Silver Lake Resort again without a doubt.

7 Thank TomsRiver_NJTac
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

this resort is very well laid out. Beautiful grounds and friendly staff. charge for wifi in rooms but available free in the lobbey and business center. I did find the Jucuzzi needed to be cleaned better - there was a ring around it. However, I did not report this and am sure if I had they would have looked after it. King size bed, balcony, two pull our couches and lovely pool area. Was very comfortable here. I did have a problem with hearing noises from about and beside us. The walls definately were not sound proof.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for a ground floor. also the walls are not sound proof so you do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane S
Sutton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Shares roads to Disney--5 minutes away in the car from Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and just further along to Magic Kingdom and the rest of Disney. Very clean, wonderful large apartments that sleep 8 in the two bedroom--blocks 100---700, and many more three bedrooms or just one if only two of you. Lovely salt water , warm pool, gym, picture theatre. Childrens activities, and also adults. It certainly has the wow factor, and being so close to many restaurants is ideal for anyone. The apartments have washer/dryers---dishwashers and full kitchens. Walmart is West on highway 192 -about ten minutes away by car. Cannot fault the place

Room Tip: Try to book 100- 700 buildings as just recently been fully refurbished to a high standard. Sleep ei...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank gardenofEden667102
ddg103
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here over halloween 2012 and just got home. Very happy with the stay! We had purchased a week through an RCI friend and family certificate page and had not been here before.Check in was simple and fast,I am an obsessive planner so I already had our whole itinerary planned including all tix purchased in advance etc so guest services seemed a little disappointed I didn't need anything when I got there but if you are thinking of staying here they have tix to all parks, dinner shows etc available for purchase right there at a discount so keep that in mind. I thought I would avoid the timeshare meeting since I was single traveling with kids but found out I still qualifyed to hear about their vacation club.It was not required that I attend but did for the free breakfast and gift cards to local resturants.This was the only negative of our stay,because at the time I signed up for the meeting I was clear on my low income situation and was told numbers that weren't really accurate so when I went to the meeting I was rather embarassed that it was a waste of time for both me and the salesman assigned to me.When he heard my income he looked a bit put out and admitted there was nothing he could offer.I still received the gift cards for coming but felt bad he had been stuck with me when it was very clear I could not make any kind of purchase.
As for the rooms and property itself,it was very nice.I usually have trouble sleeping in strange beds and often have my back go out during vacations while it adjusts but these beds were very comfortable and had no pain all week.We had a 1 BR full kitchen.There was flat screen TV in the living room and bedroom,a full size fridge, electric stove,coffee maker,microwave, blender, toaster,pots and pans,glasses dishes etc.A full size washer and dryer,iron ,ironing board,mop,broom,hairdryer.They provided a small bottle of dish soap,a dish drainer,pot holders and towels,trash bags.We enjoyed the screened in balcony overlooking one of the 3 pools.Rooms were very clean!
There were alot of amenities on property that we had not taken advantage of,we did go to teh largest of the 3 pools once,there is also a hot tub there as well as a cabana that serves food and beverages as well as mixed drinks and will deliver to your room.There is a small movie theater for kids, golf simulators etc. There is wifi available but at a cost of $26.95 per week this includes up to 2 devices and is another $5 per additional device.You get other discounts with that cost at local resturants, 10% off the cabana etc.
Overall and enjoyable stay,staff friendly and helpful, whole place very clean and very close to teh disney parks highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ddg103
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#3 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!