We checked into Silver Lake on Sunday. We requested a different unit when we arrived at 10 Am which they found for us. They were very kind to us. We had to wait until the normal check in but did all of the paperwork and had use of the facilities in the meantime. They offer an activity package for internet for one computer ( the additional was 5 for the week) USA Today delivered to your door before 9 and other discounts throughout the area and the resort. The connection has been constant and fairly fast although I have not done streaming and do not know how that would work.
The property is well maintained - there are three pools heated very nicely even during the winter. The hot tub is really hot and very large. There are activities at the resort and food and drink at the cabana by the pool. The indoor exercise facility is well equipped. There is a golf simulator but we did not use it. There is a small grocery store on site and they also serve ice cream. They have a counter for tickets to the parks- saw it but did not use that. There is plenty of room for seating in the pool area. they also have beach towels at this resort.
The unit - last year we stayed in a one bedroom overlooking the pool which was very pleasant and well equipped.
This year we are in the 500 building which overlooks a little lake and although it has no elevators and is three stories, we were told that we would have help moving into the upper floors. We ended up on the first floor in one of the largest units I have ever seen. No only was it large but very well maintained and complete with granite counters and nice appliances. The king bed in bedroom one is great - best we have had this winter and we have gone for almost three months. There is a great whirlpool tub as well as a separate shower and plenty of storage and a safe in the closet. Bedroom 2 has 2 double beds which look very comfortable. The is a lock off unit which would possibly make this a 3 bedroom. There is a large stack washer and dryer, a screened in porch with comfortable furniture. The living room has a couch and two stuffed chairs. The dining area has upscale table and stuffed chairs and there is a bar with stools overlooking the kitchen.
Down side of this resort -hmmmm - have not found one. I will say that the 400 building overlooks a road - that is not so hot and we asked to be moved from that building. I have noticed that they are upgrading the furniture in another building. I would suggest you should ask some questions before you arrive if you have a concern. The 600 building does not have any porches or balconies. Each of the buildings seems to have something a bit different, but all seem very nice. We have 4 days left and I will come back again and I will suggest to others to come here. It is a nice resort with nice people at the desk. We even did the timeshare presentation which was not high pressure but very informative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl