“Slum ”

Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Ranked #98 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This place should be rated 2 stars at best, we expected to be on the latest episode of cops. It is not clean, and wore out. It is unfortunate that we stayed here. Oh the lobby was beautiful, continental breakfast average.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary W
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

After driving for 20 plus hours just needed a bed and shower for the 4 of us.
Mission Accomplished. ..only 1 outlet worked in room. Loud, every time someone walked by you hear them talking or running all hours of night..bathroom is disgusting, beds were comfortable...better places to stay for the money!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
1  Thank David P
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Outdated hotel. Nasty tub. Housekeeping never changed sheets or vacuumed room. Left no toilet paper when roll was almost empty. Beware of this place. Also set back from road and very little sign. Light outside room out for most of stay. Never again will I stay here

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebel4024
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked this hotel on cheapostay.com when we arrived it was clean. Staff very friendly and professional even let us check in few mins before check-in. It has 3 floors our room had 2 queen beds kitchenette microwave fridge. It was very clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable comforter was amazing. Had a little inconvenience at check-out but Adriana took care of the issue efficiently and professionally. Thank you it was pleasant going back in a month and definitely staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ramona A
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I just returned today from a 3 night stay (room 333) and had several issues with this hotel. As with previous reviews the towel situation is a bit ridiculous. While we were out of our room the guy doing the laundry came into our room and took out our used towels but didn't replace them. I called them and he told me they were short on towels and if i needed some to contact the front desk. Housekeeping wouldn't make it to anywhere near our room for another few hours but by then I went down to the front desk to get replacement towels to which she didn't have enough to replace what was taken. We have stayed in over 100 hotels (long before trip advisor) and have never heard of that.
The second issue was our room safe. When we wanted to leave the room for the evening we realized the safe didn't have the battery installed. It was after hours when I notified the front desk so that wasn't their fault. What is their fault is someone should have been in charge to make sure everything is in working order. The next morning before breakfast (7:30am) I reminded the lady at the front desk about the safe. She said she would have it taken care of. 3 hours later after returning to the room we noticed the safe wasn't fixed. I called for a 3rd time and the lady told me they must have written down the wrong room #..Really!! 30 minutes later someone came and installed a battery. The battery was secured with duct tape and over the course of the next 2 days we had to keep pushing the battery in to get it to work.
The 3rd issue was with the tub fixtures. Both were extremely loose and looked as if they were about to break. In addition the handle to regulate the temperature kept turning…in both directions. You never got a comfortable setting and turning the water completely off was time consuming. I didn't mention that to the front desk because honestly the whole room needs an update.
What did we like about our stay…the bed was comfortable although the fitted sheet kept coming off the bed. The mini fridge and microwave were nice.
Their "laundry facilities" consisted of one washer and one dryer on the 2nd floor as directed by the front desk. If they had more then they didn't mention it. The cost was $2.50 per load. If you had plans to do laundry then I recommend one of the coin op laundry facilities on Vine less that 5 minutes away. Cheaper than at the hotel and of course you can do more than 1 load at a time.
They do have a fitness facility but we didn't use it because we have gym memberships at Planet Fitness less than a 3 minute drive away.
The breakfast room was just ok. We have been in smaller ones but I can see how people may consider that small with more people staying.
The front desk was nice but what I've noticed with every hotel is whether or not a member of management leave comments on our reviews. to me that shows caring and a willingness to correct what needs fixing. As of right now they haven't so do with that what you will. I saw this placed was ranked #47 out of 160 hotels in the area so that is why I didn't read too much into the absence of manager comments. I'm not sure how long this hotel is but my guess is the high ranking was based on early on reviews when things were new. Suffice it to say we won't be returning. I also want to mention our room wasn't one of the newer rooms.. Our t.v. wasn't a flat screen. This is 2014. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here please ensure everything in the room works before you unpack. Any pro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerseytraveller_8
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed with our kids and were very disappointed from the place. Seems like an old and not maintained place. We did not have enough towels and we had to call reception several times until they agreed to give us more towels. Iron in the room was broken. Breakfast was lame and the smell in the dining room was not good. We didn't enjoyed our stay at all.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to have more sense of security
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Avital K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Seasons Florida Resort
#16 of 154 in Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 63 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!