“Good for a simple overnighter, but not a "vacation" hotel”

Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Ranked #97 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Naples, Florida
“Good for a simple overnighter, but not a "vacation" hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lobby was nice. Understaffed at front desk but friendly and helpful. It's located in a questionable area, I wouldn't go walking around, especially not alone. Homeless people were sleeping around the two empty buildings in front of the hotel. Bed was comfortable enough, but not enough for a long stay. A/C was icily cold, a welcome relief after a 98 degree day outside. Room appeared clean, but on further inspection of bathroom in the morning random blood spatter was found. Gross gross gross! Decided not to shower after this discovery.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Deseronto, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Overall good value. Clean rooms with 2 queen size beds, fridge with freezer, microwave, coffee pot, extra sink, wardrobe etc. Clean rooms, quiet and safe location about 10 min drive to disney or downtown. Nice pool with kiddie pool, also has nice place to sit in the shade between buildings. Decent free continental breakest. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. One downfall was that the beds are hard, but, after a long day it doesn't matter. I will stay there again next time we go.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor at end near pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad P
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2013

off the road so quite place to rest after long trip. Rooms big. TVs updated (flat screen). it was under new Management owner Amanda and Kamal were very helpful and courteous. front desk and all staff was very friendly and process the reservation in no time, room was very clean and had 3 pillows for 2 double beds, breakfast was nice even for a continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NAJIB K
Iowa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel is in a seedy area but when we entered the beautiful lobby, we were impressed and looked forward to our stay. Unfortunately, the lobby was the only nice part of the hotel.

Upon entering our room, I found food residue on the desk, crumbs on the chair and the previous occupant’s dirty towel hanging in the bathroom. I called the front desk and after a 15 minute wait, they sent someone (a young man, along with a woman from housekeeping) up with a key to the room next door. After they inspected the uncleaned first room, we entered the second one together and I immediately again saw food residue on the desk and more crumbs on the bed. I pointed these out to the employees and they both seemed embarrassed; the man said he was going to get the manager. More time went by and they both returned with yet another key for the room next door. I followed them in and this time the outer room looked OK. The male employee went into the bathroom and I heard him flush the toilet. I went to the bathroom door to check why the toilet needed to be flushed and saw he had a spray bottle and was spritzing the toilet. When he saw me standing there, he said, “I don’t know what they [whom I took to mean the a.m. housekeeping staff] do around here in the mornings.” I then said, “If that’s not clean, I’m sure going to want the tub scrubbed, too.” So the housekeeper proceeded to clean the bathtub and when the bathroom was clean, they left. Both employees were courteous and apologetic. This hotel definitely needs to retrain the housekeeping staff.

Shortly afterward, we left for dinner. When we entered the elevator, I could smell smoke and once inside the elevator when I turned to face front, there was a man (not an employee, and not a hotel customer or he wouldn’t have been lurking in the elevator area), back in the corner sitting on the dirty concrete drinking beer and smoking. Fortunately he was gone when we returned but his earlier presence was unsettling.

The next morning when checking out, I told the desk clerk that we needed to have a conversation about the room rate; she looked at the computer screen and replied that she saw we had issues with the room. She then said she was authorized to take a whole $17 off the room fee. I thought it should have been more but didn't want to argue since there was a long line behind me waiting to check out. I plan to take it up with their corporate customer service.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and I didn’t notice any nighttime noise (we had a room overlooking the courtyard/pool). The next morning, there was plenty of seating available in the breakfast area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Seasons Florida Resort
#17 of 152 in Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
#12 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!