“Excellent Value”

Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Ranked #98 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I are here at the Baymont INN & Suites in Kissimme FL room 216.
Now I had to put my post a such because it fits.
We are moving to Jacksonville FL to relocate there and I made reservations a few weeks back.
Now I'm not a picky person like a lot of people but when a hair dryer keeps turning off when you're trying to dry your hair is a pain. Yes when everyone one of my family except me it worked but I have little hair to dry. But, when my wife was trying to dry my girl's hair it kept shutting off. The circuit breaker kept cutting it off. Sounds like a electrical issue with the dryer it self. So we did make the best of it. and I did call the front desk but at this point no maintenance workers were on property as it was evening time.
Now for the rooms they are nice and despite some reviews the beds are new and the tv's are flat screen with about 65 channels. Now I have stayed here before and last time they had only 30 plus channels and old beds and tv's.
One bad thing we found a giant ant which I will let them know the next day.
Ok rambling on. But, the beds are very comfortable. Pillow top beds. New carpets.
Now I have to mention somethings. On free breakfasts that people may not understand.
Before you stay call them and ask them what they have for breakfast, how many channels, what type of beds.
If you don't think they have good enough choices go to I Hop, Denny's or etc........
I read one review and one person complained they had to make their own waffle. Boo hoo for you. If you want full service go out and pay for it.
I have had this breakfast here before and it's not bad for free. Waffles which you make yourself again boo hoo if you have to make it.
Packaged pastries danish, etc, and bagels and juice and coffee.
Oh, good shower plenty of hot water.
But I do have to say the staff was helpfull and I did get 2 extra pillows because they only provide 2 per bed and my wife and I need 2 pillows.
I do give it back the 4th star because of the good service I received.
One last thing almost forgot to mention. The drain in the sink was very slow and I will also mention this to the front desk.
Also if you can's stand a noisy neighbor above you ask for the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor if you can't stand noisy neighbors above you. Also ask what type of beds...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grant, Michigan
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here again this year for two nights earlier this month, both the start and end of our trip. There is a back door way to MCO that is real close to this motel---take Bogie Creek Road. Anyway, everything was good for the price and the breakfast was OK to get us going both days. We forgot a package in our room this year, and we sent a SASE to them and they kindly shipped it back to us. Thanks.
Nothing fancy but we come back year after year.............

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We live in Sarasota and have season passes for Disney, so wanted to locate an affordable Hotel ( as we are on a budget) not too far from Disney and use this as a basecamp for future Disney visits. The Baymont Inn & Suites Kissimmee was recommended to us by a friend, so we gave it a try.

From any hotel, my wife demands certain criteria (or she would refuse to stay). i.e. clean bathroom, clean towels, a clean bedroom and clean bedding. She was very satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms and also the extra touches, which makes it so much easier for a family. i.e. a microwave, coffee maker and a fridge, all of which were in pristine condition.

The two large beds were clean and comfortable and we had a large TV, which the kids enjoyed. The A/C unit worked great and allowed us to fully control the temperature with easy to understand dials ( a particular annoyance of mine is when a hotel controls the room temperature)

As for the Amenities, the kids love the large clean Swimming Pool with adjacent sun loungers and pool side changing rooms. I also decided to have a go in their Gymnasium Fitness Center, which was equipped with a quality multi-gym, cycling machines, treadmills etc.

For the extremely reasonable price we paid, I was surprised that it included a Free Breakfast and so was not expecting too much. However, we were delighted to find a nicely decorated Breakfast room with a Buffet style self service. There were an assortment of different cereals, fruit juices, tea/coffee, pastries/muffins, fresh toast and even waffle making machines. I enjoyed my morning coffee and waffles and watched the Morning news. A home from home! I chatted with a very pleasant staff member who was on hand and diligently replenished the buffet items. In fact all the staff members are very nice and gave us some great tips on restaurants and provided discount tickets for several Attractions.

The hotel has free ample parking and is located back from the main road, so it was nice and quiet and night. I noticed that the back of the hotel, backed onto the rear of a bowling alley. The bowling alley has a bar and so after a day walking around Disney, I was even able to grab a quick nightcap beer before walking the 60 seconds back to the hotel. Perfection !

You would think that is more than enough for a hotel to offer, but amazingly there is more. Wifi is free throughout the hotel and next to the hotel reception; there is also an internet café style room with vending machines. This was a great place to check my emails and even do some work in peace. Also, we only stayed the weekend and so did not need laundry facilities, but noticed the hotel has self service washers and dryers.

I cannot believe what utterly great value this hotel is, A superb basecamp for Disney and other attractions and is also a place to relax and have a day off from the Theme Parks.

It is rare that I am that so impressed by a hotel that I will even take the time to leave a review, but this hotel deserves it. At their price and value, I cannot imagine a better place to stay. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Eamonn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Seasons Florida Resort
#15 of 153 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!