“Poor Choice of Hotels”

Ranked #99 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Poor Choice of Hotels”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel needs upgrading on exterior and rooms. Upon reservation, I upgraded to a smoking "jacuzzi" suite directly with hotel and was told it had a separate sitting area from the bedroom. Upon arrival, we were told their suites were not smoking and when I questioned about the separate sitting area, I was told we didn't book that kind of suite. I observed another room where such a separate sitting area existed. We were in town for a softball tournament and had half our team staying at this hotel. One couple checked in a room where it didin't appear the sheets were changed because they found some papers with writing on them between the sheets and had to sleep in the second bed because the hotel wouldn't give them another room. This place wasn't even 100% booked and they could have been more accomodating. we will never stay here, again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. May I please say, that the room you stared into repeatedly was my family apartment. We live on site and yes we have an apartment. You scared the life out of my ten year old and elderly mother, I remember coming out to see what you wanted but you had left and then I saw you go to your room. I am sorry, we were unable to offer you my home to stay in, We offered you a smoking room but you declined. Strange comments from a very strange person Thanks anyway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Interlaken, Switzerland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

i've traveled through florida and seen many hotels. this one belong to one of the best in it's category. the owner and the stuff is friendly and helpful. the room was comfortable and clean. great deal. i can recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Redfield, South Dakota
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was traveling to Central Florida on a budget and decided to try this place based on a friend's recommendation. The area shows signs of a bad economy; however, I think this hotel has done a great job with providing great pricing and service. The owner worked with us directly and the room was comfortable and clean. There is a bowling alley conveniently located behind the hotel.

One a side note, I ended up meeting my now girlfriend at this hotel!! ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael B
orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Third stay excellent again. Stayed with my friends for a night in Kissimmee. We stayed again at the Baymont. Home away from home. It was clean and safe and reasonable price. Great family run hotel with breakfast. Friendly and convenient for a great night out in Kissimmee.

• Stayed December 2012
ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We are so pleased you choose to come back again! Thanks and see you on your next trip to Kissimmee.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I dont know about others, but I can say on behalf of myself and my family that we had a fantastic trip. We came down from Toronto for vacation and found the staff to be very helpful with directions. The kids loved the breakfast, as did my wife and I. Fresh waffles as well as cereal and other assortments made sure we didnt go hungry immediately after we left for the parks.

From our experience, it seems the staff and management really try their best to keep the property clean and maintained. Beds were nice and soft, with clean linens. The bathroom and sink area was spotless. No dirt or filth whatsoever. We were cautious staying at an inn, but it the experience overall was much better than expected !

We had one minor problem, and the owner himself came and talked to us about it, and it was immediately fixed ! my wife and I were impressed, as there are little or no hotels out there where the owner himself comes down and talks to you and fixes the problem himself. That shows that the owner really cares about his property. The pool area is nice and spacious, and the pool was kept clean and maintained at all times. We also like the fact that many restaurants and places are so close, especially the bowling alley we went to. At night, we felt as safe as can be, with no concerns about anyone breaking into our room or car.

I really would recommend this place to anyone who is traveling to the area. Whether it be for business, or a family vacation like ours. We also met a lot of great guests, such as the student pilots that come and stay, due to the close proximity to the executive airport nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Justin_King736
Thanks for the vote of confidence. When it is the busiest time of year, it is hard to please everyone, but we try our best. I can honestly say, 99% of people who stayed were happy and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately only the one percent tend to write reviews, so for you to write a positive review is refreshing and welcomed. Please come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Seasons Florida Resort
#16 of 152 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 59 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!