“Bed Bugs”

Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Ranked #101 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very different from the pictures you see on the internet. The stairs leading to the second floor were dirty with spiderwebs, found bed bugs three times. Asked to remove the spiders from outside the room...still waiting. The front lady was having a bad day..not even a good morning. The only nice thing I have to say was the lady who was on top of the breakfast area making sure everything was clean and stock...... Will not recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cbp23
ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2011

What a shame people like you are allowed to get away with such comments. If you really had bed bugs you would you would have had bites. You had none. You had a Florida dragon fly go in your room, because you left the door open. We told you to keep it closed it is Florida.. Suffice to say your story is inaccurate. We deal with these sort of inaccuracies all the time. This is a clean place with out bugs, however Florida has bugs for which we are not responsible. Our staff are professional and smart. We are responsive and deal with any issues ourselves. When you try to damage us with blatant inaccuracies we respond accordingly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed June 21, 2011

What a pleasant surprise. We go to Kissimmee at least twice a year and usually for three or four days but have never stayed at the Baymont Inn. I play golf all day and the Mrs. plays flea market endurance level 2. The Baymont is priced right, clean, very friendly staff and close to all the attractions. They have a typical "continental" breakfast but do offer waffles! The pool is clean and well kept and the surrounding arears make it a nice place to stay. A little tricky to enter and leave the ample parking area but a when all is said and done a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Just checked out from the motel, i highly recommend! everything is perfect: good price, friendly staff, big and comfortable room, and 20 min from the big theme parks! (we went to universal - took us 21min!)

The only bad thing is the fitness center, it's really small and besides 2 aerobic machines they don't have anything, cause the weight machines wasn't working :(

but besides it it was all great 4.5 stars from me!
The staff was great - Greg J was really helpful and nice, like everybody in there!
The pool is cool in front of the hotel, and the breakfast is just what you want to see when you wake up.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2011

You definately get what you pay for. There were some GREAT ammenities - 42" TV and the nice air conditioning and you can't beat the price for a somewhat average hotel room. The negatives however were pretty big and will keep us from staying at this hotel again. A toilet that wouldn't flush, a shower that looked like a science experiment, 3 elevators for a hotel this size (6 stories) with one of them not functioning and the other two were over 100 degrees with wires hanging out all over the place, a decent looking pool from a distance, but every tile was mildewed to the point that people were writing and drawing pictures in the tiles that surround and it closed at 10pm - much too early. Like I said, the price was good and the room was okay - mostly because the enormous TV, but you get what you pay for and this is a 2 star hotel at best.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hiphusker

Even though you did not stay at Baymont Kissimmee, I have no choice but to respond. We wish we had the 42" flat screen tvs, so the only way you had one here, is if you brought it in yourself. The only way you must have made it to the 6th floor on our property was if you were sleeping on a cloud, because we only have three storeys. If you managed to find three elevators, please tell me where the other two are because I have only ever seen one. In short, you never stayed here, but chose to attack my property. I don't know why, but hey I can only respond back. We are clean, we are attentive and we take it personally. We are upgrading, we will get flat screens soon, this is a safe clean place to stay. Shame you did not stay here then.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I visited this hotel last year with my family and I said I'd be back - well I was, and it was as excellent this time as it was before. This time a came alone, for a relaxing trip - some theme parks, sunbathing and quite a bit of shopping. The owner and his staff were very helpful and friendly - that's on the front desk, giving tips and advice on where and when to visit the parks and shops, and housekeeping, which was friendly and efficient.

The owner and his family live on site and this creates a welcoming, family feel to the hotel. So much so that I'll be back again with my family later this year!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank guy60
ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to put another review and I appreciate you returning again later this year. There is no better complement than having a guest return over and over again. We hope that in the next 12 months we will make a number of improvements to the property to make your stay even more comfortable. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I have now stayed at the Baymont twice, last September, and May 2nd to 16th this year. I returned to the Baymont because the accomodation is very good indeed, offering good roooms, good beds, also amenities for storage, with microwave, tea/coffee ,making.
The rooms are well maintained with friendly housekeeping staff. A breakfast room provides cereals, waffles, bread for toasting, with, of course, tea or coffee and fruit juice, and small cakes, so no one goes out for the day hungry.
Mr Faizi, general manager and his wife are very nice people who will put any problems right very quickly, however small. The only problem I experienced was the previous room occupant had shut the safe, which is code controlled, but very quickly sorted. The pool is very good and safe for children.
I look forward to returning to Kissimmee with the Baymont as my base.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Thanks again for your second visit. I do remember you well Barry and enjoyed our long conversations. I am especially pleased that as a long term visitor to Florida you have now made us your base. I hope to see you again next year and look forward to having a drink with you at the Fox and Hounds, our local British Pub!

Reviewed May 12, 2011

From the day we arrived, hungry with baby in toe, we received the most amazing treatment. Help and tips with getting around, best shopping, best food etc etc. We was provided with the best room to accommodate the baby. Because the hotel is off the road it was nice and quiet.Our room was clean, spacious and overlooked the pool.

All the staff we encountered were friendly, full of advice and care that we had all we needed.

Room Tip: Staff so accommodating - let them know preference
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for your visit. We do hope you come back. I have passed your comments on to the staff who highly appreciate them. I am glad it all worked out. We are hard to see from the road, but once your here, you don't hear any noise from the passing traffic. We are making improvements all the time. Come back and I will make sure your experience gets better and better.