Star Island Resort and Club
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$95
$278
$231
Gaylord Hotels
  • Restaurant
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$65
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$115
$97
  • Restaurant
$231
$209
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$166
Preferred Hotels
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$54
$49
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$125
$108
Hotwire.com
2,676 results
All reviewstennis courtsdriving rangebedroom deluxefull kitchentgi fridayspool areathree bedroomjacuzzi tubwasher dryermini golfweek stayliving areapaddle boatssofa bedspring breaktimeshare presentationsales pitch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We had a three bedroom suite for a little more than a week. The room was great; very spacious, clean and well furnished. The staff was pleasant and the conceirge service was able to ably handle the few incidentals that we needed help with. I would highly recommend this resort, EXCEPT

If you need access to the internet, which I frequently do to keep in touch with my office, even on vacation, the headaches here are enormous and unending. The wireless provider at this property (Hot Air) does not have sufficient bandwitdh to support stable connections from the guest rooms. The technical support from the vendor is tried to be helpful at first, trying to reconfigure Internet Explorer, etc., but eventually gave up, saying that their service was for "casual users." The technical support staff never called back to assist with problems, despite promises to so so. By the fifth or sixth call the technical support staff became rude and confrontational, insisting that it was a problem with my computer rather than their service. On the few occasions when I was able to establish a connection from my room, the speeds were slower than dial-up and the connection would frequently drop unexpectedly.

The front desk will refer to you to the "business center;" a desk outside the video game room (which is loud and is not deparated from the "business center" by a door. The connection at the "business center" works well, but is incredibly inconvenient due to the noise, foot traffic and distance from the comforts of the guest rooms (it is located in a building that was a considerable distance from our room in this large complex). I met a number of other guests at the "business center" who also reported significant problems with maintaining a stable connection through this service in their rooms.

As a result, I will use caution in returning to this resort and would never do so if there were to be a remote possiblity of needing to connect to my office or otherwise needing the internet. However, if you never need or want to use the net, this resort delivers exceptional value for the price.

1  Thank Disneyresident
Reviewed July 3, 2010

If you are looking for a great family place to stay, this is IT!! We were thrilled with everything. Check - in was easy, our room to say the least was FABULOUS! Super clean, spacious and all around couldn't have been better. The pool area is very large
and great too. We took the kids in the game room, and it was nice, I think they could
lower the price per game, but they had fun. We truly did not want to leave at the end
of the week. We will be back when we come to Florida again. Our family highly recommends this resort to ANYONE!!!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was excited when booking at this resort as it was my families first vacation all year and fairly close to home. The photos made it appear absolutely gorgeous. The reality was that the rooms inside where nice and the resort entry/check in was nice. The service was not the best, never received housekeeping any of the 5 days we were there, several things were broken down and non-functional. Grounds were not maintained as well as the entry grounds, elevators were not AC'd but felt heated instead. Security at entry good but none through out resort thus problems with others being rude into the early hours. Walls were thin and we could here everything in the room beside us including them running their bath water. We had to search for a cart to get our belongings from the car to the room and ended up having to get one from another building on the resort. All and all the rooms were nice but that really is it. The pool was beautiful but seemed more like a babysitter for parents who did not want to watch their children. The hot tub was nice even though it had viewable repair needs. The resort for my family was not a relaxing place. There is a trailer park in the back just past the resort fence (not the best scenary). Beds were comfortable, very comfortable. We spent most time staying in our rooms or going to local attractions.

1  Thank time-out-for-us
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Overall, our stay was awesome! My family saved a ton of money by going to the Walmart down the street to buy snacks, drinks and food to prepare in our suite. The flatscreen T.V.'s in every room were really nice, my 8 year old son could watch what he wanted and when the adults didn't want the T.V. on, he went into our room to watch it. The location of the resort was extremely conveinent to Walt Disney World and several Outlet Malls. The pool was fun for the whole family. Especially the 2 for 1 beer special they had one day! The spa was very nice and relaxing, fairly priced as well. The conceirge desk was most helpful in recommending a nice restaurant and giving us directions to it, although I think for the price I wouldn't go back to Johnnie's Hideout again. The front desk was also helpful and gave me extra detergent for the washing machine at no cost. I really enjoyed having a washer/dryer in the suite, very conveinent.
I was a little disappointed in the lake where my brother and son went jet skiing ($55 for 30 mins) There wasn't a whole lot of lake to explore and they had just dropped a chemical in to kill the hydra that was overtaking the lake. Although I will say that the guy at the rental shack was super helpful and nice.
Overall, great resort, great experience, conveinent to everything, even Cocoa Beach was only 50 miles away. Helpful and pleasant staff. Great experience!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

At first this seems like a really nice place...however the pics u seen on their site, dont expect to get a room like that. We had two rooms, the first was nice however we were moved after we had a uninvited guest in the bedroom...a huge poisionous spider the size of my hand on the wall just over the master bed!!!!! Security came and tried to spay it, but it got away!! I have never seen a spider so big in all my life!! Security guy was just as terrified of it as we were! So we asked to be moved...they moved up to a less than nice room in another building. It was soooo outdated and and uncared for, needless to say we were very disapointed. So we dealt with it, after all we didnt go on vacation to stay inside. But what really blows my mind...Star Island allows a guy to set up display in their lobby, selling fake jewlery!!!! He swore up and down it was all real, he even went on to say "Do u think Star Island would let me set up here if I wasnt selling top quality gold jewlery?" So $460 later my boyfriend had a new gold chain, it "was" beautiful. 6 months after we got home, it started to tarnish and turned his neck green!!! I called the number on the card the seller gave us.the woman who answered the phone just said "hello" like it was a home number, not a buisness!! I was on hold for 40minutes then she tried to explain that its "bonded gold" and he can ship his chain back to them to be re-dipped in gold and he had to pay!!! What a dissapointment!!! What a rip off!! Needless to say we wont be back to Star Island!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends