We just got back from a week at Star Island and had a great time from the very beginning. The resort was in a great location only 6 miles from the entrance to Disney World and on the same road (Highway 192) so there was no way to get lost getting in or out of the parks. Highway 192 was just filled with every type of restaurant you could imagine which made meal choices very easy and quick to get to.
We arrived at the resort at 2pm and walked right up to the front desk and got our room keys without any delay at all. 4pm is the usual check-in time but that did not matter at all as we were right on our way to the unit.
We had a second floor 2 Bedroom Deluxe Unit sides A&B which was located just two buildings from the clubhouse and on a pond. We were two families (4 Adults and 3 children) and the unit was HUGE! The Master bedroom was very large with a great Jacuzzi Tub in it. The second bedroom had two double beds in it and the bonus room (which is really a 3rd bedroom) had a pullout couch as well as did the main family room. The rooms all had large tv's (4 in all). The air conditioning worked great - which is a good thing in the 90 degree heat of the day. The kitchen was spacious and as well as was the 2nd full bathroom. Finally, the deck was also huge and was great to relax on in the evenings.
The resort itself was beautifully landscaped and the clubhouse had the day spa, huge gym, arcade and behind it were two pools. The pools were warm and gorgeous. The kids loved the zeor entry pool which they could just run in and out of as often as they liked. It was also shallow (0 to about 5 ft.) so kids could easily navigate through. The other pool was a little deaper and tended to have more older kids and adults. There was dj at poolside each day and he really did a great job and also got the kids engaged in many poolside activities. The pool was also open from 7am to 11pm so we found ourselves spending an hour here and there throughout the day as we were inbetween park hopping.
We would all highly recommend Star Island to all families. It is in a gated community with guard access only so you feel very safe. The facilities were wonderful, location was great and the rooms were spacious and very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort