“Activities for family, but cost extra and NOT DISABLE FRIENDY. Also poor texting / internet reception.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Island Resort and Club

Star Island Resort and Club
Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prisms4Trees
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

This review is being written mostly to advise people that the resort does not have elevators. My mom is older and we were never told or read on the website that the resort is not very accomodating to those with physical disabilities. Even when we checked in, they could clearly see her needs, but still assigned us a room on the second floor. They also do not provide a service to help with luggage. If you use a wheel chair, getting around will be very difficult.

I also could not recieve or send text messages, depending on the time of day and where I stood in the hotel room. So if you have to work on your trip, you may want to check if there is a designated area with cell and internet reception.

Oh, and if you want extra towels on any days other than Tuesday or Thursdays, you must pay $9.00 per towel.

I gave the hotel a poor rating becasue for the cost, it just does not add up to a resort or upper class place to stay. To me, it appeared to be an average family hotel without many frills. No elevators, no luggage service, no video game in rooms for kids, no activities for toddlers, the water pond at the entrace was a dark sickly green, and I was concered over the cleanliness of the pools.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Polish first
marietta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

This is my second time satying at Star Island and I have received nothing but excellent service from the staff. IMy only complaint is that the room we received did smell to it but we cleaned the room and used some Febreeze to get through that. Besides that we had an excellent trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Skillman, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed on an exchange and found this resort to have none of the problems cited by others. Our room was immaculate, the staff was friendly and the Timeshare people contacted us only once and did not pressure us. As we were on an exchange we did not have to pay for Internet access which was surprisingly quick. We went at this time to avoid the typical unruly 8 and uppers. There are enough amenities to satisfy anyone who wishes to stay at the resort and avoid the Parks. Once you turn off of rte 92 which is extremely busy, you are transported to somewhere else.
Since they were also redoing the parking lots there was some shortage of slots but we never found it to be a real hassle and I would rather see maintenance being performed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

PROS: Low Special Rate was well worth the accomodations. Stayed here before, and have always found the villas very clean. Convenient location to restaurants, Disney and other attractions. I would stay here again, and I have recommended to friends.
CONS: PARKING!! Always a problem when you get back in the evening, Especially, handicap accessible!!...even though there was a notable improvement from the last stay. WIFI charge of $10 a day in the villas!! I think this is outrageous! I was told when I called there was WiFi availability in all villas, but no mention of charge...so I brought my laptop to check my email, etc, which I would not have done! I HATE being "nickeled and dimed", and want straight answers when asking these type of questions. I would have found it helpful to have a small convenience store on the premises (they obviously have the room for it).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
rochester,ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

Arrived Sarurday 10/3 for a quick 4 night get away. We booked a 1 bedroom (B side) the true one bedroom at Star island for 55.00 a night at condo direct. We were placed in Bldg 16, on the second floor. We must have gotten a remodeled room...it looked EXACTLY like the photos on Star Islands website...and we all know that never happens :) Full kitchen, washer dryer, dining table for 6, living room, balcony, free internet access, king size bed and jacuzzi tub. It was also bug free. Check in and out was quick. Some folks mentioned harrassing calls requesting that you book a timeshare tour.....we never received a one. The only thing preventing me from giving this 5 stars is the fact from our kitchen (not the bedroom or living room) we could hear EVERY word our neighrbors said thru the adjoining door. Lucky for us I didn't travel to Florida to stay in my room so it wasn't that big a deal. All in all....we will go back. I think that says a lot condsidering the number of choices one has in Orlando.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sattnan
philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This place needs updated badly. Does not live up to the description in the Club Wyndham catalog.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank migamy
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

was offered a package deal for 3 night stay and 3 day disney world tickets. Was suppose to be in a new unit, but when we arrived all the newer units were booked, so they put us in an older model that smelled like smoke and the airconditioning didn't work - well lets say it did work..to well. We FROZE! The staff was very helpful and that is why we are trying this one more time at the end of December 09. Again we booked the newer unit, 3 bedroom.....will post a review again after our stay. If we do get booted into an older model, then I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. With so many options out there and with the economy being down, you would think places like these would go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family