we loved this resort!! i traveled with my husband and two kids ages 9 and 4. we had a great time. lots of activities for the kids at the pool everyday. my husband even got to go on a golf outing with other guests. unfortuntely i didnt get to use the spa so i cant comment on that. our room on the other hand was great! so much room and we only had the "B" side of the suite. which has the full kitchen and washer/dryer. **note if you dont research your accomadations you might get mixed up the "A" side of the suite is really small double beds and a sitting area. the "B" side is the larger with full kitchen. i write this because we only got the "B" side when we stayed because that was room enough for us, but the family that stayed in the "A" side during the last half of our vacation said they booked thinking that "A" meant it was the larger room. parking was never a problem. for shoppers there are stores everywhere within a mile or two. i have to say i did have to call for room service when we got there upon checking everything out i noticed there were no pillows on bed, and no extra blankets for the kids on pull out couch. they had them to our room within 30 minutes. then the most impressive thing was that they called after i had just answered door and made sure that the maid brought them to us and did i have any other concerns. the staff was great never had a problem. when we got there we were early and they said they would call us when room was ready and within 45 minutes and us checking out the grounds they called and we got to go to our room early.
we stayed 2 weeks at this resort and the whole first week it rained but it didnt get us down. went to disney anyway. and they had pizza party and other get togethers at the upstairs bar. we had a great view from our own balcony. we watched the sun rise and set.
i do agree with some of the people on here that the decorations and carpet etc do need to be brought up to date but it didnt bother me (burgandys and pinks just arent my style). about the timeshare spill well we already own fairfield timeshare thats why we stayed here and so close to disney. we did go to it and they just updated us on our current timeshare and asked if we wanted to add to our current and we said no and there were no hard feelings and the saleslady didnt get snotty like one person said on here but maybe depends on person. plus we got $75.00 for our time in disney gift certificates and that really came in handy. i loved this resort and would recommend this resort to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort