“loved star island”

Star Island Resort and Club
Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 6, 2005

we loved this resort!! i traveled with my husband and two kids ages 9 and 4. we had a great time. lots of activities for the kids at the pool everyday. my husband even got to go on a golf outing with other guests. unfortuntely i didnt get to use the spa so i cant comment on that. our room on the other hand was great! so much room and we only had the "B" side of the suite. which has the full kitchen and washer/dryer. **note if you dont research your accomadations you might get mixed up the "A" side of the suite is really small double beds and a sitting area. the "B" side is the larger with full kitchen. i write this because we only got the "B" side when we stayed because that was room enough for us, but the family that stayed in the "A" side during the last half of our vacation said they booked thinking that "A" meant it was the larger room. parking was never a problem. for shoppers there are stores everywhere within a mile or two. i have to say i did have to call for room service when we got there upon checking everything out i noticed there were no pillows on bed, and no extra blankets for the kids on pull out couch. they had them to our room within 30 minutes. then the most impressive thing was that they called after i had just answered door and made sure that the maid brought them to us and did i have any other concerns. the staff was great never had a problem. when we got there we were early and they said they would call us when room was ready and within 45 minutes and us checking out the grounds they called and we got to go to our room early.
we stayed 2 weeks at this resort and the whole first week it rained but it didnt get us down. went to disney anyway. and they had pizza party and other get togethers at the upstairs bar. we had a great view from our own balcony. we watched the sun rise and set.
i do agree with some of the people on here that the decorations and carpet etc do need to be brought up to date but it didnt bother me (burgandys and pinks just arent my style). about the timeshare spill well we already own fairfield timeshare thats why we stayed here and so close to disney. we did go to it and they just updated us on our current timeshare and asked if we wanted to add to our current and we said no and there were no hard feelings and the saleslady didnt get snotty like one person said on here but maybe depends on person. plus we got $75.00 for our time in disney gift certificates and that really came in handy. i loved this resort and would recommend this resort to anybody.

18  Thank Karen L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,567)

A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2005

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2005

6  Thank owensboroKentucky
Reviewed June 12, 2005

My family and I just returned from this resort. I was not impressed with the mini suite. We could hear every thing from next door, mold on the ceiling,tastless decor. sheets with holes, towels with holes,two very cramped rooms with very small tv sets, A/C unit very loud. I could not relax or sleep in this place. the rooms where not well lit. I felt itchy when I entered the room. The main grounds very well kept. pool was very nice. They charge .75 for local calls. The mini suite does not sleep 6 the sofa bed had no cushion what so ever you can see the coils. my daughter had to sleep on it unopened. I have seen better rooms in three star hotels/motels than this. I don't know why anyone would by a timeshare with this type of room. We will try other timeshares base on recommendations from friends and family never again from site ads.

13  Thank yamed1234
Reviewed June 7, 2005

We have just returned from our stay at Star Island Resort. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but I can honestly say that this Hotel was really quite nice. Our check-in was no problem and we were able to get into our room right away (it was about 2:30 in the afternoon). We had suites A and B and there was ample room. The master bedroom was beautiful and we took advantage of our private jacuzzi...felt great after those long park days! The kitchen was fully equipped with everything that you would need. The washer and dryer came in handy as well. Although the decor is abit outdated, the room was very very clean. Loved the artistic way they would display the towels. Nice touch!! There was the odd bug but hey, it was pretty hot and humid so the odd insect is expected. Nothing to worry about! The grounds around the Hotel were equally clean. The gym was great. The pool was wonderful and there were alot of activities to take part in. The kids loved it!!! The staff at the spa were very gracious as well....had the best pedicure..thanks Lorena!! And it is nice and close to Walt Disney World....All and all we had a lovely stay at the Star Island Resort and I would recommend it to anyone!!!! Thanks Star Island!!!

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank BettinaR
A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed May 29, 2005

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2005

We had an absolute ball during our much anticipated and planned Spring Break to Orlando. We used our time share week from Fairfield to take our children (8 and 11) to visit Disney World.
The rooms at Star Island were spacious and clean, if a touch out-dated. The resort grounds were well maintained. The pool area was great!
The staff was very attentive, with the exception of the overworked clerk (at 1AM) the evening we flew in. Otherwise, customer service was exceptional. I had a massage appointment in the Spa, and was running late due to an outing to Kennedy Space Center- at one point we got lost (in the rain!) and I called the Spa to tell them I was running late. They were understanding and patient, and helped us with directions back home. The massage was wonderful and wasn't badly priced.
They had many, many activities for the kids, and unfortunately due to our own busy schedules, didn't have a chance to attend--but they had pizza, icecream socials, etc.
My husband and I loved our jacuzzi in our one bedroom suite, and the kids had ample room in the family room sleeping on the pull out.
We enjoyed the patio after a long day at Disney World--it overlooked nicely groomed grounds.
The only minus (and this isn't a reflection on the resort per se) is the "Owner's Update" meeting we attended in order to get 100 dollars credit toward tickets to Disney World. I would rather chew glass than sit through that awful 2 hour long discussion and presentation again. It was promised it would not be long, no pressure, and boy were they wrong. I would eagerly pay 200 dollars not to have to listen to the smarmy salesman whose attitude turned from attentive to rude when he finally got the message we did not want to buy. So beware about that.
Otherwise, we are already talking about coming back again! One of the best vacations we've ever taken as a family.

• Stayed: March 2005