“Very happy!”

Star Island Resort and Club
Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2008

We stayed here for a week with our four young children. Our place was HUGE! 4 tv's, 2 bathrooms, a jacuzzi in the master bedroom, free wireless internet etc. Everything was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked. Towel exchange with housekeeping was a pleasant surprise midweek. I have nothing bad to say about this place. We saved so much money by eating breakfast in our room and packing lunches to bring to the parks each day.

I would highly recommend this place to any family looking for a place to stay in Orlando!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,567)

Reviewed December 3, 2008

As Timeshare Owners, we went to Star Island for a quick 5 day getaway to somewhere warm without snow!

1 Bedroom Suite was CLEAN, well equipped, nice JACUZZI. Elevator service was a plus. The POOL was SMALL, GREASY (a layer of oil and overcrowded).
Events were not as fun as other Wyndham resorts. The resort was not a favorite of the Fairfield Wyndham resorts. There was a neat little outdoor fitness area, but the path is incomplete and leads to a dead
end (?!?!)

Oh, and be aware of aggressive bingo players ;) Location is good though, with a rental car you can go anywhere. We did not navigate the bus system this time. We aren't golfers so I can't comment on the courses available.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2008

My family owns a timeshare with Wyndham. We stayed at Star Island for 6 nights and seven days during the Thanksgiving holidays. We rented two -two bedroom suites. We were very pleased. It was very comfortable. We were a little uneasy after some of the reviews on this website, but we didn't experience any of the problems others did. As a matter of fact we didn't experience any problems what-so-ever. We would definately stay here again. It is the perfect location!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank michelleluvsmax
Reviewed November 23, 2008

My family and I have stayed at Star Island 2x in the past 5 years and have wonderful experiences. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous and the location was just perfect. We would highly recommend this resort. Most of the reviews I have read on this resort are older and they have since updated most of their units.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We stayed at Star Island through an exchange with Interval. We had a 1 bedroom suite (for 2 adults and 2 kids) which was great except the sofa bed. The mattress was maybe 4 inches thick and very uncomfortable - especially if sleeping on it for a week. the water pressure in the shower was PATHETIC! It would take 15 minutes just to rinse your hair...
We needed 1 extra night, so they moved us to a minisuite in building 22. The smell of smoke was AWFUL!!!! As a person with allergies, it was hard to make it through the night - you could hardly breathe as the smoke smell was SO bad! The noise level in that building was terrible as well - we hardly got any sleep. The sofa bed had springs that were coming out of the top!!!
My kids loved the pool area. They do have a lot of "fun nights" with inexpensive food from TGI Friday's that we enjoyed.
We probably would stay there again, but never in a minisuite!

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 11, 2008

Just got back from our trip. We stayed at Star Island from 10/3 - 10/10/08. I wanted to write this review because I read so many bad reviews about this place and was a little worried, but after staying there, I really disagree with all the bad things I read. It's actually really a nice place and I would recommend staying here. It was clean, and had a friendly staff. You will need a rental car to get to the parks, but is a very close drive and easy to get to the parks. It's only about 5 miles away.

Here's what we liked - close to Disney World, close to several restaurants and lots of shopping. The pool area was really nice, a lot of activities for the kids - we had a 6 yr. old, an 8 yr. old and a 9 yr. old in our group and they all enjoyed the activities and contents they had at the pool area (limbo, splash contests, balloon toss, dancing, crafts, karaoke, tennis).

It was quiet and not crowded at all. Not sure if it's just due to the time of year, the economy, or a mixture of both. But October is a nice quiet time to go. The weather was really nice - mostly mid 80's, and rained only a few days off and on.

Here's what we didn't like - We stayed in building #20. This is the absolute farthest building possible from the pool - so if you want to be close to the pool, do not stay in building 20. Ask for something closer to pool. However, if you like things quiet and don't mind a bit of a walk to the pool, then building 20 you might like because it is far away from the noise of the karaoke, etc.

The bar area by the pool has a TGI Fridays catered buffet on certain nights for $6.00. I would NOT recommend this. They have fahitas and hot dogs and some tortillia chips with salsa (the salsa was all gone by the time we got our food). Not a good bargain for $6.00. You are better off buying a pack of hot dogs and cooking them in your room and a bag of chips or something. Much better deal than paying $6.00 per person for barely any food.

We had a party of 8 people staying with us. We had 2 bathrooms. I would have preferred to have 3 bathrooms with a group our size, but we managed with 2.

Overall - great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank angelgarb
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I am currently on vacation at Wyndham Resort's Star Island. I am the son of a time share owner at Wyndham resorts. I don't expect a whole lot out of a trip when it does not cost me anything but I do expect reasonable living quarters.

So far our room has flooded (due to the condo's maintenance), we were refused a switch of rooms, when we asked for a shop vac and fan to dry the floor they did not get them to us, wet carpet, wet bed clothes, wet clothes, wet feet, and pretty much wet everything with an inch of water standing in one of the bed rooms at the on set of the flood.

The fridge is now leaking water on our food. We have not reported this yet but I don't see this as a priority as my carpet is still wet.

We were called by the resort via telephone to do a survey on the room and resort in exchange for some disney dollars but because they messed up we ended up wasting an hour of our precious vacation for nothing.

Our vacation has still been wonderful but I would not pay or ask my parents to waste their time share here in the future. I am very disappointed with the service that they provide for owners or the guests of owners.

I give this resort two thumbs down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family