Star Island Resort and Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$274
$231
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$98
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$102
$94
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$171
$101
QualityInn
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
ComfortInn
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
Travelocity
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$54
$47
Hotels.com
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$76
TripAdvisor
2,678 results
All reviewstennis courtsdriving rangebedroom deluxefull kitchentgi fridayspool areathree bedroomjacuzzi tubwasher dryermini golfweek stayliving areapaddle boatssofa bedspring breaktimeshare presentationsales pitch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The maintenance crew of George, Ruben and Victor Lopez tackled a very nasty and difficult
problem of replacing an old and leaking kitchen faucet. They were courteous and pleasant to have working in our unit. They are a credit to your organization.
Don H

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed for a week in a one bedroom B unit with full kitchen. Unit was decent but as far away from everything as you could get. Dark--very dark at night. No lights in the parking area or walk ways. Resort atmosphere with pools, tennis etc. If you need an umbrella to stay out of the sun--be prepared to pay $$$ 10. to get one. We were not able to read by the pool since my husband must stay out of direct sun. After you check in you are asked to sign up for the 90 minute update for RCI owners. Told that now Wyndham owns RCI so we need to learn about it. We signed for 8 a.m.. We arrived and met our guide and were taken to his car. We were not told we would be leaving the property at the time we signed up-- and we were taken to a Wyndham resort--Bonnett on the Disney property. We were offered a continental breakfast that was shameful--you see if you expect to sell $25000 time share you should offer fresh bagel and danish. These were packaged in plastic and inedible. So--we were captured for 3 --yes three hours. We were told we could choose an RCI week or $100 gift card. After the 3 hours they give you a voucher and you have to leave the property and go to another place to redeem the voucher..guess what!! No RCI week-the certificate has not come in-please check later in the week. I called and revisited the site and still no cert. I took the $100 begrudgingly since we were leaving and who knows if we would ever receive anything once we left.
The location is good if you want to be in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: We were in building 20 and it was quite a walk to get to pool. 4th floor and elevator service is very slow. Fast to take 4 flights of stairs.
2  Thank Karolyn P
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I just returned Sunday (March 2) from a week's stay here which left me with very mixed feelings. The property is quite lovely -- on the shore of Lake Cecile with a very short, but well-marked and charming nature trail, an outdoor fitness track and docks on the lake that you can go out on to wach the sunrise, birds, etc. Wonderful!
The resort amenities were also quite nice, with certain exceptions. A well-heated, large pool and well-appointed locker room and ample towels. A nice pool bar with a good selection of drinks and a good shop and fun activities. And then there was the hot tub... Though deliciously hot, it only fit EIGHT people. Really? You have hundreds of units on site and the outdoor hot tub can only fit EIGHT people? Unacceptable.
In fairness, though, many of the rooms have hot tubs in them, which brings me to our room, which was a little less than totally lovely. We were in a B suite with a full kitchen, laundry machines, a balcony and the jauczzi tub in the bedroom. The kitchen, laundry and balcony were all excellent. And then there was the hot tub... Of six jets in the jacuzzi tub, only three worked. Unacceptable. The lighting in the suite was also only fair. I am someone who likes LOTS of light for reading. I was straining to see at moments when it was dark out.
What really disappointed me about the resort though was the shockingly low level of service. During our stay I asked about getitng a few items for/in our suite: (1) A decaf coffee packet instead of two regular packets; (2) tools for the charcoal grill and (3) extra paper towels for the kitchen. To every question I asked, the answer I got was, "Call six thousand." Hey! I'm on vacation! When I am on vacation and I ask for something from someone who WORKS at the place I'm staying I expect them to do the work. I was appalled that the expectation was that I would do the hard work and that my requests were dismissed with the phrase, "Call six thousand." UNACCEPTABLE.
I should add that I asked for the coffee on the Sunday we checked in and on the Sunday we checked out we had still not gotten it in our room. Really? It takes more than a week to deliver a packet of coffee? Was ANYONE listening to my request? I have my doubts...
And having been told by Veronica in owner services that grill tools would be available it was super uncool to then be told by Amanda at the front desk that we had to buy all our own tools. Get your stories straight folks! Either we do or we don't, but not both!
It should come as no surprise that when we checked out and were asked by the clerk at the front desk how we liked our stay my answer was, "Call six thousand!"
The location of this resort is excellent and the area is great, but the level of service will seriously have to improve for me to consider staying here again. The website on which I rented this timeshare rates it four diamonds. That's a stretch. I'd give it 2 and a 1/2 if I could, but that's not an option, so three stars it is for its location and property.

Room Tip: Get a B suite on a high floor for less noise, more space, laundry facilities and a really nice view of the sun setting.
3  Thank Chattytravelinbabe
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Location! Tons of activities to do on the property. The units are well stocked, very clean and spacious. Super Friendly staff, especially Lerilee at the front desk. Thanks for all of your help! You Rock :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Nicky B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Well designed and maintained resort. Conveniently located to restaurants, grocery stores, and Disney. Very helpful housekeeping and front desk personnel. Unit was well stocked and cleaned every Monday and Thursday of the 3 weeks we stayed.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member