3,046 results
All reviews tennis courts living room driving range full kitchen tgi fridays towel exchange pool area three bedroom jacuzzi tub washer dryer sleeper sofa mini golf week stay paddle boats spring break king bed timeshare presentation
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is our fourth stay at a resort in the Kissimmee area. We booked a week stay through an RCI extra vacation and it was under $400 for the week. We were located in unit 2154 A & B. It was two units combined with a common door. One area had a bedroom with two double beds, a bathroom and a small living room and efficiency kitchen. The other area had a huge well stocked kitchen with a large living room. It had a balcony (we were on the top floor) which looked out on a nice water feature and quiet area. The balcony had a table and four chairs on it. The bedroom in this unit had a large kingsize bed with an attached bathroom, including a jacuzzi tub and a massive shower, big enough for two! It also had in unit laundry facilities, which we used with no problem . They do provide detergent for the washing machine and also the dishwasher. All in all, this place was HUGE for the four of us, it was awesome having the space. Now, the unit was a little outdated, remember that fake 80's plastic green/black marble bedroom furniture with gold trim...yep, that was in the master bedroom, along with a lot of mirrors on the walls. But hey everything was clean. The kitchen was well stocked. They even had lemonade packages. We ate breakfast and supper in our unit most nights. We grocery shopped at the Super Walmart before we got to the resort and also stopped at the grocery store that is very close to the resort. Target is not very far either.
We thought the grounds were fairly well kept. The "Lake" that you can go jet skiing on looks a little like a weedy pond and we weren't tempted at all to go out into it. But they had beach volleyball courts, a nature trail, a sports trail, a playground, mini golf (again not terribly exciting looking), basketball courts, lots of tennis courts and two great pools which we enjoyed using. TIP: Buy at Walmart or Target a cheap $2 water tube or other floaties for your kids rather than having to shell out money to rent one for a few hours. There were lots of loungers by the pools. The new bar looks great, however we can't comment on the drinks served since we didn't purchase any. The gym looked to be in good repair, but again we didn't use the equipment because we figured we got enough exercise walking through the Parks all day. By the way, our building, #21, was very quiet and away from the pool area...we enjoyed the peacefulness.
There was a sundry shop on the premise that carried a few basic items you may need. There are also many restaurants along Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.
This time we spent our week at Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens as we have done Disney twice and Universal once already. We feel we are getting to know the area quite well. Star Island was only about 15 minutes to these places, except Busch Gardens in Tampa which was just over an hour away. Star Island is also convenient to Disney, and Universal as well, no worries there.
So far we have enjoyed all four timeshare resorts we've been to in Kissimmee, this one not so different than the others. Remember that it is a timeshare and not a hotel with towel changes and room cleaning every day if you do book this. Overall, I would recommend this to family and friends.

8  Thank sjdee
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I don't think I have ever had as much fun at a timeshare as I had here.There staff was absolutely wonderful and helpful.When we first checked in we had an issue with the stove,maintenance was there in 10 minutes to make the repair.
The entertainment was extraordinary.My wife and I were having so much fun we never even left the resort.The man who ran the karaoke was great,everybody had a blast.
We were actually sorry that our vacation was over,we could have stayed another 2 weeks and enjoyed every second of it,but some of us have to work for a living.

2  Thank gary s
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This resort is owned by Wyndham hotel Group, we booked a 3 bedroom villa with this resort because it was rated a 5 stars resort by Interval International timeshare Exchange Company. We are giving this resort a 3 stars base on the value. The resort is centrally located with heavy traffic congestion in this area during rush hours. We found the villa outdated with the 70's furnishing and with formica countertop and mirrors, refrigerator with rust on some of the shelves. We had issues with a clogged drain and dryer with not dry our clothes, this was quickly corrected by the friendly maintenances staff. The front desks were not very friendly, they hung up on us on several services call, and I am not sure it’s their practice or it was accidental. We also went on a 90 minutes Wyndham timeshare sells tour, the tour took over 4 hours, they kept passing us from sales agent to sales agent, and we had met six of them. Wyndham have the same sells pitch as the Marriott and with the similar Marriott destination points system (I am a Marriott timeshare owner). Needless to say, we did not purchase any time (points, weeks). Overall, 3 stars, you get what you pay for.

4  Thank Bayviews_00
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a group of 13, where we booked two 3 bedroom suites. The family package was great which included free pizza (enough to feed all) and free round of mini golf for the kids. All loved the pools which were clean and decent temp.
Check-in was slow and they originally had us in two different buildings, though they did correct this. This was our only complaint. Check-in took over 25 minutes.
The overall facility was worth the wait and this is my 4th time returning with plans to return again in the future.

Room tip: I have always used the 3 bedroom full sized suites due to size of party. These are always clean, have plenty of towels, and great sleeping space of 10 people
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank closets2
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I placed a reservation on March for May travel, but due to some scheduling issues at work my husband and I were unable to travel. I canceled my reservation 3 Weeks prior to our anticipated arrival date. Well....Star island deducted $400 out of my account and are refusing to refund my money!! Customer service is horrible! I've been transferred to dept, After dept and I'm getting the run around!! I will never book here or recommend it to anyone!! I will purchase my time share elsewhere!!

Date of stay: June 2013