“Friendly Resort with good value for the price.”

Star Island Resort and Club
Ranked #23 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Friendly Resort with good value for the price.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The resort staff were extremely friendly and helpful in every regard. Check in staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and helpful. Natasha has a smile to brighten your day. We had an issue with our oven and the maintence team responded immediately.

Rooms were spotless and well equipped. Six of us shared a two bedroom suite and it was very roomy.

I would stay here again for sure. Although it is not a new resort...it is well maintained and updated. I loved the location and recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Linda B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Polish first
Palm Harbor
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Used this resort for a Disney weekend family get-to-gether of nine. We got the three bedroom and found that it offered more than enough space if you don't mind two to a double bed. The third bedroom (efficiency as it has a kitchenette) has a couch that is a pull out bed, and my sister complained of having back problems in the morning. Other than that, the other beds were OK, if somewhat threadbare and not so comfortable, and the rest of the accommodations pleasant and nicely laid out though a bit dated. The kitchen was well stocked with plates, glassware, pots, serving dishes, a colander, knives and forks etc., and the dining room table sat six comfortably, and nine using chairs from the bedrooms. The whole unit was pleasant and spacious, though I would have prefered an upper floor so that we could utilize the balcony and open the windows and sliding glass doors (there was a pervasive smell of a cleaning chemical or air freshner). The surrounding property, pool, lake, gated entrance, and reception area are really quite beautiful, and the staff responsive and friendly. I would definitely stay there again and look forward to another family get away there.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor, but make sure that the building has an elevator if you have kids or elderly.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank princessdeb
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here last May 2012 with my fiance, and we enjoyed the whole place. it is close to Disneyworld and Universal Orlando, (10-15min drive) and there are lots of good restaurants in the area. The bed is very comfy, you can call the staff to have your linens changed and have new towels delivered to your door. The overall surroundings of the place is very nice, though the lake area is a bit old and needs renovation. Nonetheless everything was perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grizelle N
Agawam, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Check in was a nighmare, extremely unfriendly front desk and arrogant! The room we reserved was given away so we were placed in an "A" villa, small kitchenette, lockoff unit, no balcony. Not what we booked but "nothing else was available" per the front desk. It was apparent there were many unoccupied rooms that they could have accomodated us, but not a chance.

Second, the layout of the room was weird and the two double beds, not what we booked, were quite small, pillows uncomfortable as well. Maid service? NOT A CHANCE! That's right, NONE! You get ONE towel exchange and after that you get charged. You must call to get towels or any replenishment of supplies such as toilet paper. Not that its a big deal taking out the trash, doing dishes, making beds etc but I'm on vacation.

Wake up call for 4:30 a.m. was received at 5:30 a.m.- don't rely on them as you'll be late for sure! Thank goodness we used that only as a backup to our phone.

Lastly, cockroaches in the room! Folks, I'd stay away from this resort unless you don't mind bugs or want to risk taking some home with you. There's soooo many places in Orlando that there's no need to settle for this, we'll never stay there again!

Ammenties- Pool area was nice, dj tried hard to entertain but the water slide is a JOKE. $3 a ride and its lame! Just a blow up that you could put in your back yard. Gym looked nice as did the tennis courts.

The walls are THIN. You can hear everything, especially if you are in a lockout unit. First few days we had a family with a bunch of loud kids- not enjoyable. Afterwards, another family was in there and they were better but still heard every word. Music played till about 9 or 10, again you could hear it in your room. So if you want quiet, not the place.

Overall, the place looks "nice" but its just appearances. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: If you must stay at the roach hotel, a B villa is best, away from the pool. Confirm, reconfirm, and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank WorldTraveler970
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I can't believe wyndham actually allows this as one of their timeshares... Embarrassing!!!! To say the least, I feel like I'm staying in a roach motel on the side of the hwy. My kids are sleeping in the same room as me and my wife because the 2bdr deluxe is really 2 full size beds in one room, and a pullout couch in what is supposed to be a front room/ kitchen/ Bdr. The stove has only 2 eyes, the bathroom light is attached to the fan= awful. The hall light when turned off renders the place into total darkness, it smells of dirty pool water, 4 towels, no washer/dryer. This is not what I expect from wyndham. Really feel let down.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank gottahavem1
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Back again and still in love with this place, I wouldn't stay any other place while in Florida. You truly feel like a star staying here. On thing people need to keep in mind is that part is own by Fairfield so I can't speak on the service they get from them. I've seen someone try to check in at front desk but since they were booked under Fairfield the had to go over to there desk. So when doing a Review keep this in mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ocdgwg
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

After planning our vacation to Orlando and prepaid for three parks, our family of 5 began feeling ill. After unpacking and resting in the room, we left for a park. After a few hours at the park, my daughter had a headache and my wife felt nautis. We went back to the hotel to rest. My eyes began to water and my nose began to get stuffy. After ordering in dinner, loosing the day we paid for at the park, my husband recognized mold on the wall. After spending two hours sharing our information and showing the room, we switched rooms. At 11 pm we were packing up to change rooms. The next morning we were to ill to use our last day from our pass, the general manager was rude, arguementative and not empathetic. It was a horrible experience and a sickly one that now requires us to seek medical advice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Brian D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#25 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Star Island Resort and Club? Share your experiences!