First let me say I have stayed in many resorts in Orlando. This is my 18th trip to Orlando, and I loved this place! Stayed here for a week in August in a 1 bedroom deluxe.
I had never stayed here before, and I thought it was very nice. THe furniture was not to my liking, but who cares? the unit was nice and large, very spacious for a one bedroom, with a full kitchen!
there are also BBQ grills so you can throw a few steaks on the grill and save some money .
I ambulate with a cane, so we had a lower level room near the pool, and I was so happy I could have danced around the room!
The bedroom had a large jacuzzi tub and we definitely used it every day! sitting in that large tub was so relaxing. It is set up a lot like the Westgate resorts, mostly reminded me of Westgate Lakes.
The room was clean, and did smell of bleach when we arrived, which was a bit strong but after a few hours it finally went away. I will say the room was very clean. I did bring my own Ajax and cleaned the toilet and tub anyway, but I think it was overkill, as I didnt even find a drop of soap scum anywhere.
The pool was heated and large enough, and we spent every evening there swimming around. What I did find odd was the pool bar only made drinks, so food. THey do have a frankfuter cart for a few hours in the day. To get food you can go to the grocery store and they make great burgers, or go upstairs to the karaoke bar and get a light bite.
Speaking of karaoke, if you hate it, dont go in the pool at night! While you are in the pool you are serenaded by the worst voices ever singing karaoke! I didnt listen, it didnt bother me, but I can see where other posters were annoyed by it.
Front desk Theresa was very friendly and efficient and was able to get me in a room near the pool, since I walk with a cane. I can walk, but not too far, so our room was perfect for me.
Resort staff friendly, pool clean, and heated, room was very clean, but did have outdated furniture, our location was great. Loved the jacuzzi pool. I will stay here again next summer, no doubt aboutit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort