“Star Island is a star to me! Loved this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Island Resort and Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Star Island Resort and Club
Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
long island
“Star Island is a star to me! Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

First let me say I have stayed in many resorts in Orlando. This is my 18th trip to Orlando, and I loved this place! Stayed here for a week in August in a 1 bedroom deluxe.

I had never stayed here before, and I thought it was very nice. THe furniture was not to my liking, but who cares? the unit was nice and large, very spacious for a one bedroom, with a full kitchen!
there are also BBQ grills so you can throw a few steaks on the grill and save some money .
I ambulate with a cane, so we had a lower level room near the pool, and I was so happy I could have danced around the room!
The bedroom had a large jacuzzi tub and we definitely used it every day! sitting in that large tub was so relaxing. It is set up a lot like the Westgate resorts, mostly reminded me of Westgate Lakes.
The room was clean, and did smell of bleach when we arrived, which was a bit strong but after a few hours it finally went away. I will say the room was very clean. I did bring my own Ajax and cleaned the toilet and tub anyway, but I think it was overkill, as I didnt even find a drop of soap scum anywhere.
The pool was heated and large enough, and we spent every evening there swimming around. What I did find odd was the pool bar only made drinks, so food. THey do have a frankfuter cart for a few hours in the day. To get food you can go to the grocery store and they make great burgers, or go upstairs to the karaoke bar and get a light bite.
Speaking of karaoke, if you hate it, dont go in the pool at night! While you are in the pool you are serenaded by the worst voices ever singing karaoke! I didnt listen, it didnt bother me, but I can see where other posters were annoyed by it.
Front desk Theresa was very friendly and efficient and was able to get me in a room near the pool, since I walk with a cane. I can walk, but not too far, so our room was perfect for me.

Resort staff friendly, pool clean, and heated, room was very clean, but did have outdated furniture, our location was great. Loved the jacuzzi pool. I will stay here again next summer, no doubt aboutit!

3 Thank deelovesdis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was a little hesitant to go after reading some of the reviews which is why I decided to write one myself. We were in bulding 19 and had both a and b sides and our stay was for 7 days. We found everything to be clean and found the staff to be friendly and efficient.We are looking forward to going back soon and have recommended it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Book both sides a and b.
2 Thank Lia M
ghent, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

we spent a week here with friends through RCI...RCI guests are relegated to the buildings farthest away from the resort amenities (pool, tennis courts, fitness center and mini-market.) Nevertheless, the 2 bedroom villa accommodations are quite nice, especially for the price we paid ($289.00 for the entire 7 nights). One issue we had though, our unit was located on the 1st floor and immediately next to our unit were 10 A/C compression pumps, making incessant noise, kind of ruining any time spent on the patio. Also there are no privacy walls between the patios. Another complaint is the inadequacy of the mini-market (Chilli-Hillies)...looks like it belongs in a gas station....very small, lousy looking food....compare this to the nearby Sheraton Vistana market/restaurant which is vastly superior in every way.

on the positive side, like so many other resorts in the area, Star Island is a haven for wildlife...we had snowy egrets, sand hill cranes, river otters, various ducks, etc, visit our patio every day (despite the noisy machines)

Room Tip: get an upper floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank brady1434
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent a week here in July and had a great time. It is close to everything the area has to offer and there is plenty to do at the resort as well. Everything was clean and well maintained and staff were very friendly. We checked in very late but it was quick and effortless. The unit was beautiful - we had both A and B sides. The B side had one bedroom with two double beds and a small living room area with a tiny kitchen area. I think if you have only this side it would be confining and claustrophobic. The A side had a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining and living areas and a large bedroom with king size bed and master bath included a huge jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. The beds were very comfortable. We were in building 25 and could hear the karaoke at night from the balcony but not inside with the doors and windows closed.
The pool area was large with plenty of seating and a live DJ as well as a walk up bar. We did not see any cockroaches/palmetto bugs but hey, it's Florida - let's face it, they can be found everywhere even the cleanest places. The wi-fi was a bit slow but we only used it to check email so it didn't bother us. I consider this one of the better places I've been to and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms further from the pool area to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank clareysgirl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just back from our first visit at star island and it was fab, great location,nice, clean accomidation, friendly staff. Disabled friendly to get around.
We were a party of five and the accomidation was spacious and bug free.
Only concern is the wall painting that is happening.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank dimples16
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I were at this place on 8/2012. The pictures and description on their website misrepresent. A minute you drive in a long beautifull entrance, the gate, and the lobby. You would have thought you have arrived to a very nice place. I was in building #22. I thought I went to the wrong place. It turned out I logged in a 2 stars place. A walk from the elevator to my room was so scary. I thought I was walking into the old apartment building. If you are looking for an at least 3 stars hotel, this is not a place. Your style is looking for clean, beautiful, and luxury. This is definitely not a place. Your best is checking out whereelse.

Room Tip: If your style is a 2 stars hotel or a motel, then this is ok. However, if your choice is w/ class a...
9 Thank Puzzle2012
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

NIce resort, lovely rooms, a lot of activities, lots of fun at the pool in the evening, great location, the grounds surronding the resort need some work. The only thing that keeps me from going back were the large cockroaches that we found in our villa. I went to the front desk to complain. Yes, they sent people to spray but but it didn't stop them from coming back. The only difference was instead of chasing them we would find them dead on the floor. I was told that they were coming in because we had the door ,going to the patio, open. But when the door was shut there was a large gap between the door and the ground

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family