“Loved this place.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
“Loved this place.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent a week here in July and had a great time. It is close to everything the area has to offer and there is plenty to do at the resort as well. Everything was clean and well maintained and staff were very friendly. We checked in very late but it was quick and effortless. The unit was beautiful - we had both A and B sides. The B side had one bedroom with two double beds and a small living room area with a tiny kitchen area. I think if you have only this side it would be confining and claustrophobic. The A side had a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining and living areas and a large bedroom with king size bed and master bath included a huge jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. The beds were very comfortable. We were in building 25 and could hear the karaoke at night from the balcony but not inside with the doors and windows closed.
The pool area was large with plenty of seating and a live DJ as well as a walk up bar. We did not see any cockroaches/palmetto bugs but hey, it's Florida - let's face it, they can be found everywhere even the cleanest places. The wi-fi was a bit slow but we only used it to check email so it didn't bother us. I consider this one of the better places I've been to and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms further from the pool area to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank clareysgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just back from our first visit at star island and it was fab, great location,nice, clean accomidation, friendly staff. Disabled friendly to get around.
We were a party of five and the accomidation was spacious and bug free.
Only concern is the wall painting that is happening.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank dimples16
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I were at this place on 8/2012. The pictures and description on their website misrepresent. A minute you drive in a long beautifull entrance, the gate, and the lobby. You would have thought you have arrived to a very nice place. I was in building #22. I thought I went to the wrong place. It turned out I logged in a 2 stars place. A walk from the elevator to my room was so scary. I thought I was walking into the old apartment building. If you are looking for an at least 3 stars hotel, this is not a place. Your style is looking for clean, beautiful, and luxury. This is definitely not a place. Your best is checking out whereelse.

Room Tip: If your style is a 2 stars hotel or a motel, then this is ok. However, if your choice is w/ class a...
9 Thank Puzzle2012
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

NIce resort, lovely rooms, a lot of activities, lots of fun at the pool in the evening, great location, the grounds surronding the resort need some work. The only thing that keeps me from going back were the large cockroaches that we found in our villa. I went to the front desk to complain. Yes, they sent people to spray but but it didn't stop them from coming back. The only difference was instead of chasing them we would find them dead on the floor. I was told that they were coming in because we had the door ,going to the patio, open. But when the door was shut there was a large gap between the door and the ground

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CathyN4
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I spent the first week of a two week vacation, July 14-21 2012, at Star Island. At first we were really happy at the beautiful accommodations and grounds. The lobby is pretty, check in was quick and our villa was clean and beautifully decorated. We unpacked and noticed that the temperature in the room had actually gone up instead of down, so we contacted their CARE line. I must say the woman was really nice and the staff member was there in 9 minutes (yes, I timed him). He took only a minute to figure out the problem, he went downstairs and it started working. No problem.

2 Days later, the air-conditioner went again. Now, my husband and I are really laid back and the idea of packing up again to move rooms was worse than the air-conditioner problem so we just called again and asked for them to come try and fix it again, this time 30 minutes.

***Our largest problem thus far was not actually the air-conditioning. We are tech people and even though we are on vacation, we were very excited that they had advertised free in-room WiFi. This is a joke. We wanted to watch a Netflix movie on our AppleTV but the signal was terrible and inconsistent, no movie night for us. If you’re not a tech person then skip this part, but if you use any iPad or AppleTV then do NOT attempt to use this WiFi, especially in the evening when I assume everyone is competing for the terrible connection.***

The same morning as the second air-conditioning incident we got an 8:30 am construction wake up. Again, we are pretty laid back, so we figured they were fixing something in the room under us and let it go. I went to the pool. Later that night when returning from dinner we noticed dumpsters and scaffolding outside our building.

The next morning at 8:30am on the dot, the construction started again and this time it sounded like it was on our bedroom wall. I called the CARE line again, this time the woman did not CARE and told me "there is no construction going on," so I asked her if she was aware then that men have scaffolding and dumpsters on the property. She didn’t say anything, and then said someone will check it out. At 9am since I had not heard from them I called the front desk and requested a room change. She was very nice and did it with no problem or really any questions (maybe I wasn’t the only one requesting the room change from building 19). We moved from room 1967B to 2368B.

This turned out to be a blessing, the room was newer, and the kitchen had better/newer appliances. The air conditioner worked but the WiFi was just as bad. The only annoying thing was that there was a large rip in the cushion of the one chair in the living room next to the couch.

While all-in-all not a bad place, the facilities are nice and the kids who were there seemed to have fun, they had lots of accommodations for kids. With all the other options in the area WE would not stay here again. It is fine as long as nothing needs to be tended to, and maybe next time they will be aware of people doing construction on their property.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Building 23 is beautiful but be sure to ask how far you are from the pool if you have kids, the walk...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jillian M
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our suite accommodated several people with a king bed, 2 queen beds, and 2 pull out sofas. The facilities were clean and plenty of towels were provided; however, our fitted bed linens were too small on all mattresses. We rented a 3-BR suite but when we arrived, the 3rd BR is actually a small room with a kitchen sink, coffee pot, tv, and sleeper sofa. We stayed on the 5th floor and the A/C was quiet and worked great! Cable tv was available in all 3 BR's as well as the living room but some channels was blurred on all tvs.There were an A and B entrance to the suite, but the A entrance lock kept messing up so we couldn't use it. When needing to use the computer in the lobby for printing WDW tickets, we were charged for usage and for the number of pages printed. We felt as guests this was totally unnecessary, especially since there is FREE WiFi in the room. Our suite was a corner suite with a deck off the living room but the view was horrible (green brush straight ahead & a run down living compound to our right. Our family was somewhat comfortable; we can do anything for a week & will probably re-visit this resort in the future.

2 Thank Mimi K
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just came back from a 1 week vacation there. We absolutely loved it. It was so spacious, very clean and extremely comfortable beds. I am glad to pay to much attention to some of the reviews. The amenities at the resort were excellent. I was just sorry we didn't have a couple of days to relax at the resort.

1 Thank mam512a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Star Island Resort and Club? Share your experiences!