“Awesome Vacation”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Had a wonderful time at Liki Tiki. Room was nice, clean & had everything we needed. Been staying here for about 5 yrs. & never saw any bugs...guess it could happen, with all the people that come & go. We did see an aligator in the pond this time! Parking can be really bad at times, lots of people visiting! The pools were clean & beautiful! Kids loved the water park! The lifeguards really do their job! The food is really good at the snack bar. This really is a nice resort! Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank angel80anna
Write a ReviewReviews (2,865)

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I read a lot of reviews before going to liki tiki. I was a little scared cause some people had some horror stories. I had read a review where someone said you should request a room in the 1200 or 1300 building so i did.My sister was also traveling with us but staying in a different room and we requested to be close. Well check in was a breeze, we had a 2 bedroom condo in the 1200 building and they put my sister right next door. The place was very clean and beautiful. It has everything you need to make your trip easy. Dish washer, washer, dryer,coffee maker, blender,microwave,toaster. The porch was screened in which was nice cause there is a lot of bugs in florida. Whenever i called for toilet paper or paper towels they were there within 5 mins and 5 mins after that they called to make sure i got it. I have 11 and 13 yr old boys and they loved it. The water park was sooooo much fun. The whole family had a blast. There is a walmart about 5 mins away which me and sis spent a lot of time in. We did all the food shopping for the whole 9 days we were there which helps to save money. They also have a ton of disney stuff there which saves you money since you dont have to buy them in the parks. It really became our home away from home. We loved it. I heard the higher the building # the newer it is. The buildings go up to 1400 so keep that in mind when booking. I called a few times before we arrived to make sure they had my request for a newer building and i got it. I would go back. TY liki tiki for a great vacation.

2  Thank proudmamma2816
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Bugs one word i have to say is cockroachs!!!!!! i walk in to the bath room and go to go and i see 3 cockroachs just chilling there then 2 run away no one is awake in are party of 6 and at 2 am in the morning know nothing to do and so i closed the door and blocked it with a towel... I like the place its nice been coming here since i was little and it looks nice here just seeing the roachs in the bathroom made it not a fun stay....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank nothatpicky
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed in 102D Villa. It was 2 story, full kitchen, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, screened patio. Very nice, older but updated look. Had a problem with AC in master, maintence came out ASAP and fixed it, also didnt have linens for sofa bed (didnt realize until 11:00 at night) and the office had some delivered within 20 minutes. Also had no telephone book (had to call office to get pizza #'s).Waterpark was great, paddleboats fun but hard. mini golf was kinda boring. Loved the late night swimming. The fishing pond is gross and really has aligators. Didnt do bikes, but they look really fun. They have activites for kids to do daily, but I found the employees a little boring and rude.(we did not participate after the 1st day). Overall had a great time. Location was hard to find and a little far from hot spots. Just said no to timeshare and they didnt push too much.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed at the Liki Tiki for eight days and seven nights as a generous gift. At first glance the room was nice. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom over looking the pool.

Here were our concerns with the facility:
Jacuzzi was gross, had a dirty water line around it. I went and bought vinegar at WalMart to flush the jets and was looking forward to a relaxin bath however when I started wiping it down. I wiped black gunk out from around the jets. The wash cloth was all black - Gross.

Our shower had mold down around the door and spots on the ceramic tile - Again gross.

The entry door and the kitchen window which was on the same wall as the outer door was all beat in and the window screen was pryed up.

Even though we were booked for eight days, you have to request a towel service on Wednesday. You place your towels outside the door. on the ground Not very classy.

Several workers who could not speak any English or at least they pretended.

They have workers ride on golf carts. They double park the cars and are no where to be found. They also park in the parking spots. The cleaning ladies did the same thing with their bikes. I personally witnessed the workers in the golf carts driving too fast and almost hitting cars pulling out of parking spots or families with young kids trying to cross the parking lot street. They never put the guest first, in fact, looked at you as if you were bothering them and in their way.

You have to take your garbage out and we had to call for replacement bags.

They offer a continental breakfast however it is not even equal to what you would receive at a average hotel. They served mini bagels, mini cereal bar that was like fig, oatmeal packets and a very small apple and orange for one hour. The interesting thing is that with this limited time frame and at least five large building full of families they only have two toasters on a small table. This was a huge dissatisfier to most of the people around us. After that experience we went out and purchased our breakfast.

The lighting by the check-in parking was terrible

They have a karoke event which is very loud. At first it was interesting but hours later still going on and on and you can hear it in your room with the doors shut - ugh!

Lastly, the Luau was not worth the money.. Almost $30 a person and it was terrible. They have a guy trying to sell you pictures during the entire event. Totally obnoxious. He stood in front of us three times trying to collect money from people during the show. Rude. I even took a picture of it. Spend the additional $10 or $20 and go to a real Luau.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed for 8 days in a 2 bedroom condo in the 800 building. When we arrived, we originally were given a handicap accessible room in the 1200 building. The handicap showerhead was broken and the carpets were badly stained in this room. I called down to the front desk and was switched to the 800 building. Everything in the 800 room was brand new and the carpets were clean. Our room had a full kitchen and included a dishwasher. It was stocked with soap for the dishwasher and for the sink. The washer & dryer also came with soap to use. We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool and we had a balcony (without screens so the bugs would eat you alive if you stayed out there for long). I went over the counters and drawers with a lysol wipe and it came up clean with no dirt.

The waterpark pool was awesome. My five year old really enjoyed herself. The entire waterpark pool was not more than four feet (and less feet in other areas of it) so it was very easy for a small child to navigate. Most of the slides were moderate and there was one bigger slide that my little one loved. Close by, was an even smaller baby pool that had a sprinkler type of octopus. I have never seen more vigilant lifeguards on duty in my life. They really did a great job at supervising the pool area. Each room is given 6 beach towels for use at the pool, but you must wash the towels yourself and be responsible for it during your stay. The pool area also has scheduled activities each day of the week for the kids and the adults. We ate and had drinks at the restaurant by the pool. The specialty dinners were reasonably priced and tasted good. The frozen drinks were awesome. I thought for Florida, the price of the drinks were a bit high ($8).

The hotel is located within close proximity to the Disney parks. One of the hotel reps in guest services told us a shortcut to get to the parks using toll road 429. That was a definite time saver. When we checked in, we were asked if we were interested in attending the timeshare presentation and we declined. There was no pressure at all after we said no and we never received any follow-up calls to attend (thankfully). We also received a Harbour pass to do activities at the resort, but we ran out of time. The hotel has boats and bikes to rent, minature golf, a playground for kids, etc.

If you have any problems or need supplies, you just dial zero and they will take care of you. I requested fresh towels on a day that they do not do towel exchanges and I was accommodated. We needed more toilet paper and garbage bags; it arrived within five minutes of the request and they even did a follow-up call to make sure it got there & that we were satisfied. All of the wakeup calls that I requested came on time. I was surprised that the resort charged to use the internet. It cost $7.99 a day or $29.99 for the week to use the internet. I used the business center once while I was there and Jesaida at the front desk was very helpful. The Publix, Walgreens, Denny's, and 7-11 with a gas station were all close by. The hotel also offers free continental breakfast on weekdays; the food was basic, but for free you cannot complain about it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. My cousin stayed here and suggested the place to us. He also enjoyed his stay here. I was hesistant about some of the bad reviews before booking it, but we had an excellent stay.

2  Thank LoreenNY
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Had a two bedroom unit from a time share swap,The new units looked nice.We got an old unit from the early 80sDated,but evrything worked.Staff was outstanding.If you need something dial 0 and within 3 minutes it was there. The maintenace staff rides around on golf carts is very quick with the service.
There are two pools and a waterpark.The waterpark is too small.Too many big kids.Our two were 3 and 5.The other two pools were very nice,peacefull compared to the waterpark.
WDW is no bargain in the second week of July'Without a fast pass forgrt it.Even at night just too crowded.Disney needs to build another theme park to reduce the number of people in the existing parks,Is there a good time to come to WDW?maybe the first two weeks of January.

1  Thank Paul B