Liki Tiki Village
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$274
$231
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$98
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$102
$94
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$171
$101
QualityInn
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
ComfortInn
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
Orbitz.com
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$54
$47
Hotels.com
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$76
TripAdvisor
2,939 results
All reviewspaddle boatswater parkmini golfsurrey bikestime sharefull kitchenlife guardswasher and dryerbedroom condowelcome homewaterpark arearenovated roomtimeshare meetingmain poolkids poolparking passtimeshare presentation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2009

After visiting liki tiki last June , we had a wonderful time and cannot believe i am reading these reviews about the same place. Have no fear - the rooms are the most comfortable and spacious rooms i have stayed in. I accept that there are probably better places to stay but we paid £400 for 14 nights. We live in england and i could not stay in 1 room B & B in a town centre for that sort of money let alone a spacious appartment in liki tiki. All i can say is the people that slate liki tiki would be better suited spending £2000 and staying in a place which suits their style and expectations.
The room we stayed in offered a large bedroom , on suite bathroom. A spacious kitchen. The lounge was more than enough. We saw this place as a place to sleep and when your spending every day at the theme parks , you just want somewhere to crash!!
We are due to stay again next week and i for one cant wait.
dont be scared off by these expentant, negative, people - just dont expect the ritz.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharkmossi
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I travel frequently in connection with my employment throughout the USA and the World. I stay in many types of hotels. We selected the facility because of its proximity to Disney World. We had never been to the area and had no idea what to expect for lodging. However, we were very impressed from the initial entrance to the facility until we departed to return home. We liked the facility so much that we wanted to spend one more day. In addition, we concluded that we could have spent the entire week just at the facility using the pool and other amenities and would have experienced a great vacation. The facility succeeds at giving the impression that one is indeed at a leisure resort.
Upon entrance to the check-in area, I looked around and the atmosphere had an air of professionalism and also a sense of leisure. The desk attendant assisting us was in training but managed well to get us checked in. He performed as if following a checklist that made me felt as if management wanted guest to get all the necessary information required to have a great stay. Upon check-in completion, we met with a Concierge. The concierge provided valuable information about the facility, surrounding restaurants, saving coupons for dining, and suggestions for making the best of our time in the Orlando area. It is amazing how helpful this can be since one can never be over informed when visiting an area for the first time.
We stayed in a townhouse or condo like building that was the initial building since the facility began operation. The building was a four townhouse complex building. Although the building was old, it was fully furnished, very clean, spacious, and adequate. We had a king size bed in the master suite and two full size beds in the other bedroom. The kitchen was a full sized kitchen and we prepared many meals with ease providing good meals and avoiding additional cost for dining out. The townhouse included cable television with many channels to include about three premium channels. The townhouse had a flat screen television and one other television that was an older type model television. We were next to the lagoon and the major water park area. We did not experience any unruly guests but liked that other guests were enjoying themselves and were very friendly.
The facility was large but designed so that all amenities were within ten minutes or less walk. The hours of operation for the amenities were adequate. The townhouses are under renovation.
Overall, my family and I liked the facility and plan to make it a yearly vacation location.

2  Thank Bajan_Traveler
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I have to begin with that I own 5 timeshare resorts. Four in St. Maarten and 1 in Orange Lake. Liki Tiki has nothing to envy any of them. I stayed the week before at Orange Lake and noticed every amenity was much more expensive at Orange Lake than at Liki Tiki. At Liki Tiki there is no charge for towel exchange. A quick phone call and towels were at my door. All the amenities are packaged together with a $50 Harbor Pass for unlimited fun!!! The Front Desk Staff was superb. Nancy and Gerry welcomed me and made me feel at home right away. Very elegant in their uniforms.
The ambiance of the music, the fish tank and beautiful frames and mirrors made the lobby very inviting. I stayed in one of the older building (400 building). I was very impressed with the room. Very roomy and spacious for a 1 bedroom. It even had a full size jacuzzi!!
The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of. The water park was perfect for children and families. I found it funny how people post their disappointment with the wave pool. Please people, if you want a surfing pool go to Wet N' Wild or Typhoon Lagoon. The wave pool was perfect, not to disturbing and to slow. By the way, order the cuban sandwich. It was great!!
I could not find the sheets for the pullout sofa, but a quick call brought them immediately. The Staff all in all is wonderful, very polite and well trained. In general, Liki Tiki, Island One Resort might be my sixth timeshare buy. Thanks for a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

1  Thank glorijudy
Reviewed August 29, 2009

HORRIBLE!!!! I should have known at check-in when we were greeted by a very unpleasant front desk "staff" that had a very bad demeanor. They were wearing dirty uniforms and innapropriate language for a childrens resort. The front desk counter was extrememly high and unwelcoming as the staff could barely see over it to check us in....It was filthy and dreadful...It reminded us the movie "The shining". There were even holes in the wall. We looked at 3 rooms before giving in to just staying there as it was 10pm and the kids were exhausted. Each unit was so dreadful that they had given us that I almost cried because it was unconsonscionable to think that kids would have to sleep in that place.
The cleanliness was severe and horrendous!!!!! The bathrooms were so FILTHY...not because I am so particuliar but there was dust and hair stuck to the floor and there was clearly dried urine on one of the toilet seats. The master bathroom had mold growing from the shower and when I asked to get house cleaning to come and take care of this dreadful situation I came to find that as soon as we turned the shower on we were standing in pieces of mold....I was going to vomit! The doors were so dusty that the air conditioner was moving the dust back and forth and that has to be a hazard to anyone with any sort of health condition...GROSS! Each and every unit that we saw had so much soiled and staining on the dining room chairs and couches that my children were not allowed to sit on them....#1 we had a fear of what the staining was and #2 we had a fear of ruining our clothes. The couches were so dirty that in one unit when we opened it up there was still food left in it from the previous guest. The coffee table was moved so we can open the bed and we found money and food and wrappers....clearly it was not vacuumed because the money would have been gone!!! My kids were required to wear shoes during our visit. Moving on to the bedrooms...the dust was so incredibly disgusting and the hair that was on my sheet (wavey and black) I have long and blonde hair really skeeved me out!!!!!!! My son slept on the couch bed and up until the last day I did not realize he was literally sleeping on a spring...poor baby! HORRIFYING ROOM!!!
I almost forgot to mention that when we called for additional (white) towels they came with random hairs folded into it neatly in a plastic bag!!!! We should have ran but didn't!
Moving on to the pool area....are you ready....STAY AWAY!!!! The tiki's are all missing the heads they have corroded off the tiki's and they are so neglected. The pool has sprinklers and they are all rusted....The concrete going into the pool was black.... two words...DIRTY & HEINOUS! There is only one place to get food during the day which is at the pool/bar area...soooo dirty and undesirable. The pool staff was so loud and obnoxious and the activities area for the kids was so filthy. My daughter got a cut at the pool area and we asked the lifeguard for a bandaid...guess what....YEP NO BANDAIDS!!! The management was so unhelpful but AGREED that it was a disgrace...big help that did for me while I am on vacation at their resort!!!
The room was old and poorly maintained!!!! I thought it would be a nice experience to change resorts but NO THANK YOU....I am staying at the beautiful clean and welcoming VISTANA SHERATON RESORT FROM NOW ON.
Oh I almost forgot the fitness center was a complete disaster...very old and dangerous machines...from the look of the resort I would not trust the ancient looking eliptical machine!!!!!
We stayed away and out as much as we could due to the nature of the circumstances we did not have much of a choice.
feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I stayed from 8-22 thru 8-29....

3  Thank SINY1031427
Reviewed August 27, 2009

The Liki Tiki is 18 miles from upscale Winter Garden. In fact it is on the Western end of the 192, only 5 miles from Disney, close to the end of the 192 that is rapidly replacing the Kissimmee end of the 192 as the main tourist drag, so you are well located for family restaurants and tourist stuff. It is set back off the highway which makes it ideal in many ways.
The hotel itself is an older apartment/resort hotel complex, probably dating from the early '90s, which has been taken over and renamed. Rooms are being modernized (they need it) so make sure you get a refurbished unit.
We stayed in a 2 story apartment in block of 4 apartments. The rooms were large and the apartment well appointed, including the kitchen. You don't get daily maid service but it suits self catering vacationers. Each of these apartments has an outdoor screened patio. Unfortunately, many of the guests sit out on their patio way into the night, drinking and getting rowdy. It can be a bit intimidating with screen doors slamming and music into the early hours.
The complimentary breakfast is a joke. You queue up in a line to receive a small donut or mini bagel doled out onto paper plates and help yourself to coffee and creamer. That's it. One or two steps up from a soup kitchen and the serving staff behave the same way. Avoid at all costs.
The pool is nothing like it appears in the photos - it is crowded, noisy and a bit tired. Think Butlins, beer and chips (if you are British) - that's the pool, but then a good proportion of the guests are obviously happy with that kind of facility.
The check-in staff were very courteous although you quickly get handed over to "Guest Services" who immediately try to sell you time share (the resort is now owned by a time share vacation company). The "welcome pack" consists of a few photocopy sheets of paper. Internet access costs you $30 for a week.
Our advice: Use the Liki Tiki as an apartment hotel for its good location and forget the facilities. It's still good value. The new owners are slowly doing it up and it would be no surprise if the clientele gradually moves up market. In the meantime, if you don't mind a packed and noisy pool and mini bagels then you'll probably enjoy the Liki Tiki very much.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family