“Enjoyed Our Stay at Liki Tiki Village”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #26 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Greenwood
“Enjoyed Our Stay at Liki Tiki Village”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed March 26th thru Apr 3rd, 2014 in Bldg 1300, room 1332F. One bedroom condo that was somewhat dated but functional. We had our 10 year old grandson and we enjoyed the surrey bikes, the tennis courts, the paddle boats and the miniature golf course. The resort fee of $13/day per family allowed us to enjoy all these amenities without additional charges. The washer and dryer was a convenience that was appreciated. Overall we were pleased with our stay. Only suggestion we would make is to provide additional space or fixtures that would allow for drying towels and swim garments. We signed up for the time share presentation but our marketing guys was less than stellar at making a good presentation. Had we had a more experienced marketing person we may have been interested in Diamonds International program.

Room Tip: We were in Bldg 1300. Away from noise and activities but required some walking/driving to get to po...
1 Thank William B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Finnish first
Toledo, OH
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Members of my family recently stayed at the Liki Tiki for 6 nights while visiting Walt Disney World. The property is ideally situated and in a good location to visit the theme parks and restaurants and shops are plentiful and nearby. The property is well maintained and clean and the pools and water park areas are nice. We frequented the bar for drinks and eats several times and had a good time. We were in a two bedroom townhouse style unit which wasn't one of the newly renovated units, but it was nice regardless and gave 5 of us ample room to spread out. We would definitely recommend the Liki Tiki to others with one exception. Upon arrival, we quickly realized the free wifi in our unit was not working and was unstable. That was on a Monday. Tuesday it still was unstable but after a long day at the Magic Kingdom, we didn't want to deal with it. Wednesday I called the support phone line for help and talked to a rather rude person who told me to "just use my cell phone". I quickly realized I wasn't going to get anywhere with him, so I hung up. I then called the front desk of Liki Tiki and complained and they called the customer support line and the same person was very polite and switched me over to an engineer who could help me. He did quickly realize the access point was malfunctioning and he said they would dispatch someone out. Thursday morning and wifi still wasn't working. My sister called and complained again. Friday morning still not working, but sometime Friday it did get fixed. Now I know things happen, but this situation was handled poorly by the Liki Tiki management and the third party support company they contract with. The wifi access point should have been fixed within 24 hours and Liki Tiki staff should have followed up with the problem and stayed on top of the situation until it was resolved. We did get the $14/day resort fee waived for the length of our stay. Other than this one unfortunate incident, we would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank sandym2907
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was our 2nd time here, the first was Nov 2013. We had 20 people in our party this time during Spring break 2014.  We had (2) two bedroom condos and (3) one bedroom condos. All were beautifully decorated, very clean and well stocked. I was very proud as my family and guest entered their condos. Liki Tiki lived upbto my expectations.
We all stayed in the 800 building on the 2nd floor. I keep reading about the dated rooms but our rooms were great and had everything one could ask for. We had to call maintenance because our room was a little warm and they came right away. I have been on nice cruise ships and been to places like Hilton Head Island. This is a great resort and fun things to do here. This is home for us.
I'm sorry for those of you who had a bad experience. I booked my trip directly through the resort and have never had a problem. We had a good experience from check in to checking out. Give them another chance because they are truly a wonderful resort.

Room Tip: 800 building 2nd floor
1 Thank Marcia W
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2014

After a long travel day, my wife, 10 yr old daughter, and I were also victims of the overbooking mess during the last week of March, 2014. Even though we arrived with reservation confirmation in hand (completely paid in advance, btw), and my wife had spoken to them to confirm a week earlier, they didn't have a room for us.

Like other reviewers have indicated, they put us up at a related property (a golf resort, rather than kid-friendly water park resort) for a couple nights. (As luck would have it, our initial arrival was at 2am...meaning we didn't actually get to our relocation room that night until after 4am.) This was going to involve unpacking/repacking/relocating throughout the week for all we knew. Also, we had expensive park tickets to use rather than spending our time trying to deal with this issue.

Fortunately, we did find accommodations elsewhere for the remainder of our stay...which was lucky during a very busy spring break time. Although the Liki Tiki front desk supervisor was friendly and very apologetic, this is something that is simply unacceptable, infringing on people's valuable vacation time and money investment.

In fairness, Liki Tiki did cover the 2 relocated nights and the 3rd party place who we arranged the stay with did refund our complete fee that was paid for Liki Tiki. That is the silver lining...

10 Thank Jason D
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We too are disappointed to learn that your overall experience was less than positive. We made every effort to prevent the situation; however, our best attempts to retain your reservation with us were not successful. We apologize that your alternative accommodations did not meet your family’s needs and we regret that we could not have you stay with us. We are currently addressing these challenges in order to prevent them from occurring in the future.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you again and assure you a much improved experience.
Ottawa
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We spent a week at the Liki Tiki- our two bedroom condo was absolutely fine though dated. We really appreciated being able to cook and to have lots of space. The jet tub was also a fun bonus.

We did have a few issues:
-the wifi was very poor we could only get a connection about half of the time
- the waterpark is only open to 6- absolutely useless if you are in the parks for the day.
-the time share/ticket seller people were horrible. When I went to see if we could get discount Disney tickets at the front the guy I talked too was very pushy and seemed to have absolutely no idea what who we were ie he kept telling me that I was an owner so if me and my husband went to an update session we could get a discount. I explained repeatedly that we were not owners and I was travelling with my sister. He kept asking where my husband was, and I had to tell him it was none of his business about my personal life- he was quite rude and insensitive, definitely did not have the social skills to handle guests. Rather then continue to deal with him we just went to Disney and paid full price. After that we continued to get daily phone calls about owner updates- we got fed up calling the front telling them we weren't owners and to please leave us alone! Finally they stopped harassing us on day 5.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tierrasierra
Adirondacks, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Staff is sincerely helpful. We have a one and two year old boy and this resort was perfect at entertaining them with the water park for all ages. The mini golf, paddle boats, six person bikes, fishing, and again superb water park, all included. Room was clean, and spacious. Ours was next to the lagoon,which was great to wake up to. The reviews that said "not updated" are out in left field. Resort looks great. We had a great lunch at Shipwreck Shalley's. Not a rip off like you'd expect. The resort is landscaped, and laid out so well it feels way more tropical than Orlando. Our family looks forward to vacationing @ Liki Tiki again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Beejareno
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We are timeshare owners and happily exchanged our week for a week at the Liki Tiki over Christmas. We looked through all the reviews online, and were really looking forward to staying in a room like the ones pictured. Our room looked nothing like the rooms pictured. I called when we made our reservation to request a town home with a full size bed in the second bedroom and was informed our room hadn't been assigned yet, so it shouldn't be a problem. We ended up in the same room as the confirmation email. Which is fine, but don't tell me my room hasn't been assigned when it has. The room was clean and right near the pool, which was nice, but overall the room was definitely lacking compared to the photos. We were put in an older unit that did not have a jet tub as shown in the photos, the kitchen was older but fully equipped.
The pools were awesome (be sure to keep an eye on your towels, some of ours walked off) and the staff was great. There were events every night that I didn't know about ahead of time or I would have planned to take advantage of them. We were right next to one of the pools and it never got loud enough to wake us up. The biggest disappointment of the trip was the website said there would be a poolside bar and there was not.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashley R
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in the room you were assigned but, pleased that you enjoyed our on -site activity offerings (provided ahead on our website). The pictures on our website are used to depict a typical guestroom at the resort however; they are not representative of all units. At Liki Tiki Village, we have an ongoing commitment to making appropriate enhancements to resort and resort plans. We sincerely hope that you will not have any cause for complaint in our service if you decide to give us another change to make a better impression on you in the future. Your feedback is a valuable tool in improving the guest experience and we wish you all the best in your future travels.