“March Break Vacation. Family with kids 8-16”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #27 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel is above average but no luxury there. No problems either. We had a 2 bdr in block 1300. Modern, fairly new no insects (seemed to be a common issue on trip advisor for this place).

The pros: close to Disney; large 2 Bdr suit with full kitchen, one of the swimming pool is heated, many activities for kids, clean, nice staff.

The Cons: further away from universal and International Drive. The water park is not heated, we could not use that week (March 15). Yes they try to get you to attend a time share presentation (we said no - firmly). The discount they give you to attend a presentation is bogus - do your math. No free shuttle to Disney if you want this (I'd rather pay for parking and have the freedom of my own car). Minor irritants (dishwasher drawers did not slide; noisy bathroom, etc...)

Overall, this was a good place for a reasonable price. I recommend it and will go back.

Room Tip: If you want to be away from the noise and less chance for insects - go to block 1300; there is no vi...
5  Thank Zahar H
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Good review, thank you for the allowing us to show you and your family a great vacation experience, from our friendly staff to our amenities and activities, we provide all the accommodations for a wonderful vacation. Also, we do understand that time share is not for everyone, but we recommend it so that our guest are aware of all the options for future vacations they have. More than anything we are happy you had a great experience with and will consider us for other vacations to come, again thank you so much for the review. See you soon!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,892)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed the first week of March, arrived on the coldest night in Orlando in quite some time, but it quickly warmed up and we were able to fully enjoy the gorgeous resort properties. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, which was a pleasant surprise as we only requested a one bedroom. The Villa exceeded our expectations and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the village. The 2 heated pools were great especially since it was a bit chilly on a few days. Our kids liked the look of the water park but the water was quite cold probably due to the recent cold bouts running all along the east coast. I'm sure it is quite enjoyable during the summer months. We stayed 6 nights and it truly felt like a home away from home. We will definitely return if we travel to the Orlando area again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a two bedroom villa.
3  Thank Greg K

Awesome!! Home away from home is our goal!! Thank you so much for your feedback, we hope that on your next visit the weather will cooperate more, until then take care and see you soon!!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was recommended this trade by a coworker it had some good points but had some disappointing ones all in all was a good stay but coulda been better.We were meeting relatives there but they were checking in a day behind us..normally that presents an issue with us having the rooms close but they gave us connected rooms with no fuss at all..that was much appreciated...we were places very closed to the waterpark part which was appreciated however it left us furthur away from the other pools/hot tubs and having children that struggle with long walks it presented a minor inconvienence not one great enough to be a burden.We walked in the room and it looked lived in..the carpet showing signs of trafffic,,not dirty..just kinda worn,,oddly enough i was relieved by this because it eliminated the fear of us possibly ruining a new carpet..you pay $50 and this gets you use of waterpark/paddleboats/bikes/putt putt/internet..ive been places where these things were free but I was aware of this fee going in so i wasnt blindsided..I liked that the patio wasnt screened in and you could sit outside and feed the ducks/birds/squirrles...The waterpark was disappointing i expected it larger and the "wave pool was a joke,,yes they have a machine to make waves but i didnt even notice the waves..i was stunned when i asked the lifeguard where the wave pool was and he told me i was in it...its honesly a ripple pool at best..I was very dissapointed when i took my son to the waterpark at 5:45 and they told us it was closing for the day.."its closes at dusk" but it was far from dusk and it was the week after we set the clocks ahead an hour so dusk was even later however they didnt adjust the pool hours and cost us a lot of time in the park.The room was large and comfortable and the grounds well kept..initially i was happy with the staff but that faded as soon as they lied to us.They wanted us and our inlaws to do a time share tour..We are owners of 3 time shares and we know how it works..one of thier stipulations is both husband and wife go..we explained that we have a 6'5 300 pound autistic son that could not be left alone..too big to go in the childrens area and has trouble walking long distances..they said well being your already in a room it wouldnt be necessay for us to do the walking tour..when we showed up they said oh no..noone told you that you have to complete the tour to get the discounts the resorts offers...i looked at thier discount sheet its it was a lie...i had researched 70% of the activities on the list and they hiked up the gate prices to make thier discounts look amazing..when in all actuality if you get any brochure or book online you can get the same discounts..it was just a way to trick the uninformed...so i simply said i have been lied to enough and walked out...My inlaws however completed the 3 hour...errrr 90 minute presentation for which they recieved a weekend getaway...that when they went to register for required a $50 registration fee..NICE!!!! ...I suppose if im trying to be fair I have to admit we did enjoy our stay..but it coulda been way better and I when i remember I will remember the bad taste being lied to left in my mouth...Would i reccomend it??? prolly not first...would i say not go..nah not that either...DAMN it just coulda been better

1  Thank Eric H

My sincerest apologies, this is not the experience we want our guest to leave with, our top priority is our customer service through which we ensure our guest are accommodated in every way possible. You mentioned that you did enjoy your stay and I hope that somehow we get you to give us another chance in the future, let us show you the great resort that we are and what should have happened from the first visit. If this is a possibility in the future and you decide to visit us again please reach out to me at jose.deluna@islandone.com. Again sorry and thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away and spend some fun quality time together. We booked a 1 bedroom, 1 bath unit in one of the buildings in the rear and found them to be nice and quiet, clean, well maintained and well stocked. When we checked in we were immediately greeted by a very sweet young man, I believe his name was Ariel. He was very helpful and quite professional, he explained all that the resort had to offer and was never pushy, as some employees at other facilities seem to be. If we go back to that part of Florida, we definitely intend on staying at the Liki Tiki Resort. We aren't much for water parks, but they have a very nice one and saw people of all ages enjoying it. We did take advantage of the bicycles, it has been a while since we rode bikes and it was a lot of fun. It is a nice place to go whether as a couple or as a family with children, there's something for everyone to do.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VTorres2013

Awesome!! So glad we met and hopefully surpassed all your expectations, we look forward to your next visit to Florida, from all of us at Liki Tiki thanks so much!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

we had a 2 story town house. It was all very clean and spacious. The sofa bed and carpets looked fairly new. we arrived mid evening from the uk and they could see we were tired so just told us to come back another time for the time share invitation but we never bothered.
as the weather got hotter a few small ants appeared near the sink but I have seen this in many hotels in orlando, it's florida after all.
nice pools etc, friendly staff and a great place to stay. We would book here again. recommended!

Room Tip: town houses have easy access to parking, no adjoining doors (so you cant hear the neighbors) and ple...
2  Thank davjunk

We know how exhausting traveling can be, our first order of business is accommodating our guest when they arrive, whether checking in during the day or middle of the evening. Thank you so much for a great review, I speak on behalf of our friendly staff when I say thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We did an Interval exchange to stay at the Liki Tiki Village, in a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit in one of the newer 5 story buildings. This was our first visit to this property. We are Marriott owners at another resort. The unit was spacious for our family of 4 and clean. The kitchen could have used some updating but everything was in order. The water park pool is a great feature for people with kids who need a break from the parks. We liked the free use of bikes, paddle boats and mini-golf for Interval or Club Navigo members. The location is convenient for going to the Disney Parks. This is a Club Navigo timeshare property, so they try to get you to attend an "owners' meeting" which is essentially to get you to buy into their property program. It wasn't high pressure, like some we have attended, though. I would return to this resort again if I needed to trade my home resort.

Room Tip: The newer 5 story buildings seem bigger than the 2 story townhouse- type units but the townhouse uni...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Awesome!! So glad you gave us a try, sounds like we delivered. At Liki Tiki Village we have entertainments and activities for the whole family, those days when you just want to stay in and relax..we got you covered. Our resort is a time share resort, but the last thing we want to do is put pressure on our guest that are here for a fun and relaxing vacation, so we do provide a short presentation of all the wonderful vacation packages we have to offer. We hope you do consider us next time, from all of us here at Liki Tiki Village thank and hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at Liki Tiki Village for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom villa, it was very nice. The community was well maintained and quiet, had plenty of amenities to enjoy. Although, we didn't get to use it because we were visiting the parks each day almost. We were of course, offered a deal to purchase Disney tickets with them by attending a 90 minutes tour for a timeshare. The only problem with this is, that we showed up at our scheduled time in the lobby, no one attempted to ask us if they could assist us. So after about 30 minutes, I asked the receptionist how much longer it would be. Then they checked and said that they were overbooked and that they couldn't keep the appt. and that I could keep the voucher for the Disney parks and I wouldn't be charged anything extra. I thought that was nice that they did that, but I truly was interested in seeing what timeshares they had to offer to see if my family would be interested in it. But overall it's a nice place to stay and I would stay again if I'm anywhere in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: If you're wanting a nice comfortable place to stay right in the heart of the Disneyworld area, t...
2  Thank ShandreeJ

First let me apologize for the inconvenience, that is not the way we conduct business at Liki TIki Village, and I am thankful you made us aware of the situation so that we may address it with our staff members. Your time is valuable and should be spent enjoying your vacation and relaxing, again truly sorry. It sounds like you otherwise enjoyed your stay at Liki Tiki Village, we would love to have you and your family stay with us again, providing us with an opportunity to show you and your family an even better experience. Thank you so much for your review, it is greatly appreciated, hope to see you soon!!!