Our family had stayed in a timeshare down for two years down the street from Wesgate Vacation Villas and came to WVV expecting! We had called too late to reserve at another Westgate resort that we own in Orlando, so we ended up exchanging to here because time constraints wouldn't allow us to vacation during another time.
So, we checked in late Friday afternoon. Though the "Town Center" part is a beautiful building, the main lobby area was teeming with people at that time. Most people who are checking in are coming in from a long drive/flight, so we're all tired and travel weary and just want to relax in our room. I don't know about housekeeping that day for the restroom for the lobby because it smelled awful, like the restroom had not been cleaned even though it had had many patrons throughout the day. An awful smelling lobby isn't exactly the best welcome, but I brushed it off because I just wanted to check in and relax. My husband and I know about timeshares and eventhough we own @ another Westgate Resort, we were still asked to tour (so they could give us options to upgrade our current ownership, etc.) I said no, but the lady with the big flashy smile said that if we didn't, they'd "call, knock on your door or bother you until you did come in for a breakfast/sales presentation". So we said ok. I believe that what she said was not true, but yes, the hubby and I attended a 3 1/2 hour period sales presentation the next day. We did get $50 to Wesgate Smokehouse Grill or Spa, VIP perks, $150 towards a cruise, etc. So, in the end, it was worth it if you want those perks, but next time we'd say no, and be firm about it. We ended up going to the Smokehouse Grill which the food was ok, though the kids did enjoy the arcade in the back.
Onto the room. We did stay in a Vacation Villas building located outside the gate guard shack. The room was decent in size, enough towels, nice kitchen and clean. Our view from the patio was the other building's patios across the way and the lil bitty pool and hot tub. In previous stays with another timeshare down the street, I was expecting a more beautiful view and a bigger pool, but I'm not complaining since it was a vacation, and at least there was a pool nearby for my kids (11, 9, 2 ) for downtime. We had to share a the full size washer/dryer with the person next door, but won't complain about that either since it was available. There was always ample parking and for the most part it was quiet.
My family had access to the many ammenities of the TownCenter (made available to us for free because we're owners - guests have to pay). My kids enjoyed the putt-putt golf and the swan paddleboats. The TownCenter area was very pretty though very crowded at times. When we did go to the sales presentation, the guy kept mentioning how they had 16 pools. Maybe it's because we came during peak season, but those 16 pools were always very crowded and I never knew when they were maintained(for proper cleaning, water PH) since people were always swimming in them. The 3 pools that we did visit (we hopped from pool to pool because of the crowd), the bottoms of the pool were slimy and one of the pools near the mini soccer field/sand volleyball court side of the property smelled of urine (probably from the nearby bushes and late night partying/drinking). It would be nicer if the Villas were updated on the outside.
The upside of the Villas' location is it's close to Disney (10 min), an hour from Busch Gardens, 20 min from Universal Studios and Sea World Area. Going to Disney, you can take a break from the park, come back to your villa to eat or take a shower/nap/dip in the pool and go back out...a plus with small kids. It's a pretty nice place to stay, and if I could recommend anything at all, I'd recommend to come anytime aside from the summer if one can do that. They do seem to have big plans about building a big pool/mini-water park area behind the TownCenter Lobby, so if we do head back for a visit, we'd do that once it's complete and in the spring or fall :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl