“It was ok.”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Our family had stayed in a timeshare down for two years down the street from Wesgate Vacation Villas and came to WVV expecting! We had called too late to reserve at another Westgate resort that we own in Orlando, so we ended up exchanging to here because time constraints wouldn't allow us to vacation during another time.

So, we checked in late Friday afternoon. Though the "Town Center" part is a beautiful building, the main lobby area was teeming with people at that time. Most people who are checking in are coming in from a long drive/flight, so we're all tired and travel weary and just want to relax in our room. I don't know about housekeeping that day for the restroom for the lobby because it smelled awful, like the restroom had not been cleaned even though it had had many patrons throughout the day. An awful smelling lobby isn't exactly the best welcome, but I brushed it off because I just wanted to check in and relax. My husband and I know about timeshares and eventhough we own @ another Westgate Resort, we were still asked to tour (so they could give us options to upgrade our current ownership, etc.) I said no, but the lady with the big flashy smile said that if we didn't, they'd "call, knock on your door or bother you until you did come in for a breakfast/sales presentation". So we said ok. I believe that what she said was not true, but yes, the hubby and I attended a 3 1/2 hour period sales presentation the next day. We did get $50 to Wesgate Smokehouse Grill or Spa, VIP perks, $150 towards a cruise, etc. So, in the end, it was worth it if you want those perks, but next time we'd say no, and be firm about it. We ended up going to the Smokehouse Grill which the food was ok, though the kids did enjoy the arcade in the back.

Onto the room. We did stay in a Vacation Villas building located outside the gate guard shack. The room was decent in size, enough towels, nice kitchen and clean. Our view from the patio was the other building's patios across the way and the lil bitty pool and hot tub. In previous stays with another timeshare down the street, I was expecting a more beautiful view and a bigger pool, but I'm not complaining since it was a vacation, and at least there was a pool nearby for my kids (11, 9, 2 ) for downtime. We had to share a the full size washer/dryer with the person next door, but won't complain about that either since it was available. There was always ample parking and for the most part it was quiet.

My family had access to the many ammenities of the TownCenter (made available to us for free because we're owners - guests have to pay). My kids enjoyed the putt-putt golf and the swan paddleboats. The TownCenter area was very pretty though very crowded at times. When we did go to the sales presentation, the guy kept mentioning how they had 16 pools. Maybe it's because we came during peak season, but those 16 pools were always very crowded and I never knew when they were maintained(for proper cleaning, water PH) since people were always swimming in them. The 3 pools that we did visit (we hopped from pool to pool because of the crowd), the bottoms of the pool were slimy and one of the pools near the mini soccer field/sand volleyball court side of the property smelled of urine (probably from the nearby bushes and late night partying/drinking). It would be nicer if the Villas were updated on the outside.

The upside of the Villas' location is it's close to Disney (10 min), an hour from Busch Gardens, 20 min from Universal Studios and Sea World Area. Going to Disney, you can take a break from the park, come back to your villa to eat or take a shower/nap/dip in the pool and go back out...a plus with small kids. It's a pretty nice place to stay, and if I could recommend anything at all, I'd recommend to come anytime aside from the summer if one can do that. They do seem to have big plans about building a big pool/mini-water park area behind the TownCenter Lobby, so if we do head back for a visit, we'd do that once it's complete and in the spring or fall :).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,628)

Reviewed July 21, 2010

No 5 stars for this property. Check-in was loooooooong and service at the counter was rude (ignored, and visiting with co-workers and phones were more important). Had been told there was transportation to and from DisneyWorld...but not that the costs were $50 per person each time. (Rent a car or come with one) I went with friends and each of us were given the wrong suit number and/or the key was improperly coded. Witnessed other travelers having the same problem with key. Prices for on site food and beverages was exceptionally high.

Later in the week we had neighbors in the suite next to ours. Walls were very thin.

Rooms/suite was OK, but service for clean-up was bizarre; maid service took all the soap and unused garbage bags so we had to request some; on another day they said the door was bolted so couldn't clean (it wasn't because we weren't there); had to request toiletries.

Resort charged $4.95 for a 1/2 hour of Internet.

There were supposed to be multiple swimming pools. For the section we were in there was only one small pool (for 4 four-story complexes).

You will be doing a lot of driving to get around to the different parks for Disney World. Disney has poor signage for getting to some of the parks. Parking is $14 a day if not staying at one of the Disney resorts.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jewell_2009

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Ok so I must admit I was a little concerned when I read other reviews prior to our visit. I bought last year and this was my first stay at the town center. WHen we got to the resort I was plesently suprised. Although the check in line was long it moved very quickly and we were completly checked in within 20 mins, which was great because we drove 18 hours and we were very tired. My rooms were emaculate, I have a 2 bedroom lock-off unit and it was just perfect. Plenty of towwels, disses, etc. Not to mention a hot tub big enough for 4 lol. The onsite aminities were enough to keep out teens busy so we were very pleased and they were happy to which is a rariety as anyone with teens knows if they are all happy at the same time its beautiful thing.
My only complaint was that the wireless service was terrible. I notified the front desk and informed them of my problem and on the last day they totally refunded the cost of the wi-fi. How wonderful is that. We cant wait until our next vacationi at the Westgate towncenter.

1  Thank backpackingmama

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was the first time we stayed at the Westgate Town Center. I needed a 3 bedroom condo due to traveling with my parents and 3 teenage boys. The condo was exactly what I reserved 3 bedroom, 3 baths. More than enough space for the entire family. The view was awesome, the villa was located right at the putt putt golf and the perfect view of the lake. I felt very comfortable with the security staff they were always patroling the grounds, which gave the teenagers the ability to roam & explore the resort. The condo could use some updating with the decor. I'm sure this will come in time. Overal we had a great time in Kissimmee & would definitely state at this resort again! We checked in on July 3 & checked out on July 9. The staff was friendly & the condo was clean. Go ahead give it a try!

Reviewed July 11, 2010

The Westagte VIllas is the most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. Upon arrival, I noticed a huge roach crawling in the master room. I was completely shocked! The very same day, I went to the kitchen to find a swarm of ants all over the counter, stove top, and sink. This place felt more like a roach motel than a family resort. Westgate, don't count on me ever staying at this crap hotel ever again!!! Everything about this resort was disgusting.....dirty sheets, roaches, and ants that were cwraling around everywhere.

When I called the front desk to ask them to more us to a different room they said they'd call me abck and they never did call back. Guest services was the worse! There is nothing good I can say about this place. My family couldn't sleep at night because of the noise at the pool that went on till 2am and another time there were police called to one of the villas near our room. Not only was I feeling disgusted the whole four nights, but I also feared my family's security! Never stay here, that's all I can say about Westgate Vacation Villas!! the absolute worse hotel I've ever stayed at!!

1  Thank ezfun

Reviewed July 9, 2010

Everything about the hotel was great. However make sure you have ALL of your items when you leave because housekeeping will keep them and you will never see them again. They will lie and say that you did not leave it in there when you know that you did.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank guardmom-03

Reviewed July 7, 2010

I can honestly say that staying at the Westgate Vacation Villas was one of the worst experiences my family and I have ever had. First of all you had to wait in line to check in. It was waiting in line at a theme park. It took a half hour to be seen. The lobby itself was huge, crowded and noisy. We finally get checked in. I did an Interval International exchange from our beautiful Marriott Maui timeshare to this shoddy two bedroom suite which had the following problems: Guest bathroom: no hot water, light fixture burnt out, bathtub not cleaned, no shampoo/conditioner/soap, no towels. Kitchen: cabinet door falling off its hinges, back burner not working, bug crawling across the stove when I turned on the lights, dirty dishes on the shelves. Beds: hard as rock. General accommodations: Like a trip through a time capsule that landed in the 1970's with outdated fixtures and furniture.

Per Interval Exchange, we are supposed to get an equivalent exchange so I addressed this with several WVV employees, which none seemed very concerned and all neglected to follow up on. They told me I had to go through Interval International to complain (and believe me, I will). I told them. “You want me to walk out of this hotel and rave to my family and friends about what a great place the Westgate Vacation Villas is? What a joke! “ I had a long conversation with a person at the front desk and told her that I had talked to the inventory manager during a pushy timeshare presentation who said he would follow up with us. (Note that I could easily name names, but I choose not to at this point). She told me to go ahead with our planned day and she would contact the inventory manager and was sure they could accommodate us by moving us to a decent room. I wanted an “even exchange” to one of their newer suites which would have been a Marriott equivalent exchange. Needless to say, I never received a call back that day.
So I called the front desk the next morning and asked for the same person I talked to the day before and was notified that she was out till Friday! And to top it off, there were no notes of our conversation documented from the day before I asked that if the person could somehow be contacted (via cell phone) because I wasn't about to relay the same conversation all over again. I was put on hold. The clerk then said that a message was left on our phone that a room upgrade was available. Bull! There was only one message on our room phone and it was regarding recorded activities for the day. All lies to cover up incompetence.

We eventually did get another room, not the newest suites mind you, just another one of the older suites. Like I said, they ignore your requests. Herd you like cattle. In and out. Oh, did I mention that my niece woke up the next day to find two roaches crawling out of her suitcase. Disgusting. Where did they come from? The old suite or the new suite? Ha, not sure.

And don’t get me started with the three hour presentation that was only supposed to be an hour and a half long. My kids ended up napping in the lobby just waiting for us. I told the sales rep that we had no intention of buying and we were hoping to get our vacation started at the theme parks. He disregarded that and the next thing you know, we are in a huge room full of people where the noise is at concert level. There were at least thirty tables and each one had a family and a sales rep trying to convince them to buy. A manager now sits at our table and he won’t take no for an answer. At first, he wants to make an impression that he can relate to you and then once you’re pushing back and saying no, he is condescending. In the meantime, he took several phone calls while talking to us. Very rude. They mock you and say it’s a drop in the bucket to make the monthly payments. And after that’s paid off, all you have to pay for is the annual maintenance fees. So no big deal, so why not go for it? I won’t fall for it. They’re a pack of vultures. Once the manager leaves, another rep comes in. Nicer guy, but the same push to sell, sell, sell. We finally walked out of there.

Impressions? Shoddy hotel suites from yesteryear, the place is run like a theme park, completely overwhelmed with the whole Westgate timeshare sales process, unimpressed with the attitude of the personnel and thrilled to check out!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LSquared13

Ariel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
0 mi away
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Flamingo Waterpark Resort
Flamingo Waterpark Resort
#78 of 154 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites (Old AX # 10038826)
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee
10 mi away
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!