“WTC - Great Vacation”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Boston
“WTC - Great Vacation”
Reviewed February 8, 2007

I don't normally provide comments/reviews however, as a WTC owner for the last six years, I felt the need to include my opinions after reading some of these reviews.

I consider myself to be somewhat picky when it comes to hotels, resorts, etc. The WTC is an immaculate resort with beautiful well kept grounds, crystal clear swimming pools, poolside drinks/snackbar, plenty of activites for families, and the location is close to the parks. The accomodations are roomy, always clean, and the resort is pretty low key/quiet at night. Outside of the resort are the typical tourist type shops and restaurant chains. I assume most visitors would expect this considering they are visiting Orlando. If you're looking for high end cuisine, theater, and museums... you've picked the wrong vacation - you need the likes of New York City, Chicago...

Other than dealing with the normal stresses of congestion upon check in, unpacking luggage, etc. I have never experienced any problems with the staff. They have always been courteous and professional.

• Liked — Size of the condo/cleanliness
  • Disliked — Check in is very busy & time consuming
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank share101
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
New York
Reviewed February 7, 2007

This Condo was absolutely fabulous. The staff was friendly and courtious. The place was clean, well maintained and very inviting. It was also close to all of the Disney Theme Parks. I recommend it highly to anyone looking to stay in Kissimmee!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank Mr_and_Ms_Smith

Reviewed January 28, 2007

We returned back from Westgate on the 20th January 2007 having stayed there 2 weeks. I have to say that I couldnt pick fault with the room at all. Although there has just been a review about building 5000, that was the one where we stayed also. Although we only payed for a box standard studio appartment, when we arrived we were over whelmed by the luxury we were given. The appartment (shown on the westgate website) was of an unbelieveable quality. As there was some building work going on on the far side of the fountain, it wasnt 'fantastic' on the eye, but it certainly wasnt enough to complain about! The spa pool in the bedroom was really lovely plus and we enjoyed this many nights after the parks - when we weren't too tired!!
The kitchen, bedroom, the lounge, bathroom and dining area were all finished off to a really high quality. We had fresh towels delivered to our appartment every day and often our bins were emptied. We had washer and dryer facilities and they also included some free packs of washing powder, tea, coffee, milk, washing up liquid, soaps, shampoo/conditioner and kitchen towels so you didnt have to pay extra expenses. All cutlery and glasswear were pretty much sparkling.
I have read quite alot of the reviews before going and was slightly worried due to some of the reviews - but I certainly needn't have been! Sometimes, I wonder what some people expect from holidays?!!!
The ONLY downside I agree with is the people on the front desk are extreamly unprofessional. One night, we ordered a taxi through Westgate as they recommend nothing else but this company. Of course you pay slightly more for the privilage, but as we didnt know the area we wanted to use a reputabal company. Anyway, the taxi arrived bang on time. We pre-paid our return journey. When the show finished, we waited over half an hour for it to show - but it didnt. So we had to order yet another taxi back!!! As soon as we arrived back at Westgate, went to the front desk to complain. They offered to call the company and we were told that our money would be returned first thing the next day. Of course this never happened and on returning to the front desk yet again, they refused to have anything to do with this!! They said that although they recommended the company, it was up to us to sort out any problems!!!!! I found their rudeness completely unprofessional! After yet more phone calls we were able to arrange for the money to be returned! My advise to you all is NOT to use the company they select for you as it costs you quite alot more in the long run. When we used another taxi firm, we found them to be about 4-5 dollars less expensive and alot more reliable!
Oh and one thing I wanted to mention about the timeshare...my partner and myself have NEVER been sucked in to buying one or have even been 'remotely' interested, BUT as our villa was of such a high quality, we did go along. OK, so the 90 minute talk turned into more of a 3 hour long session, but the deals you could get them down to were fantasic!! Even though we couldnt commit at that time, we have the details of a contact there that we could deal with at a later date - although we realise that you shouldnt really do this! For our trouble, we got $80 and 2 Arabian Night tickets (show) - which are normally $50 plus dollars each. We went and had quite a good night. Also the location of this place for parks couldnt really be any better!!

SO...over all, would I return?? - YES!!! - ABSOLUTELY!!! We both enjoyed the expereince so much that I 'made' myself write a review for this place (I normally never get around to it!!) Apart from the front desk the only other down side was that we were that busy with parks, we couldnt enjoy our appartment to the full !
If there is anybody looking at visiting this resort, I would be happy to help you with any further details if I can.
Contact me on sammytoop@aol.com

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! ;-)

Stayed January 2007
17 Thank sammie2173

Union, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2007

After reading some of the reviews on Westgate Vacation Villas, I began to wonder if I booked the wrong place.

It was fabulous!! Exactly like the pictures I viewed when I booked, clean and neat. We stayed 5 nights. There were no long lines at check in and I was not harrassed by any staff during my stay. I would highly recommend Westgate and will stay with them again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank foreveramber

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2007

We stayed as guests of new owners last June. The property is dreary in the extreme and is basically an operation to sell timeshare to suckers. We managed to avoid any of the Sales Team by staying well clear of any meetings.

The resort has few facilities apart from some bleak swimming pools. There is one bar that shuts at 9:00, a pizza hut and a shop. Nearby there is a strip of tacky restaurants and cheap hotels.

The resort exists solely as a flop house for the parks. Most people there were on cheap, subsidised breaks that lasted two or three days.

The apartments are well-equipped but that's about it. If you are looking for luxury in Orlando avoid Westgate like the plague.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — The appalling surroundings
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham J

Ariel

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

miami
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Just returned from an excellent time in westgate. I loved it, and the amenities it offered. FAMILY LOVED it, rooms and service were beyond our expectations.
i do recommend

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank miavega59

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 8, 2007

My family and I stayed here on our vacation to florida. We booked it through one of the owners of the time shares. When we checked in we did have a small problem getting the villa we asked for. The other family we were traveling with has a handicaped person in a wheel chair. We specifically asked for a handicaped villa. But one was not available. But finally they accomidated us with one. Other than that we had a great stay here. The help was wonderful and they did not pressure us to take a tour or anything. They didn't even mention it. Jose took us to our villa, showed us around it and then left. No problems what so ever. The carts that run around the resort are for the help and the resort tours that they conduct. But they all stayed out of the way when we drove through. The kids had a great time and it really was peaceful there. The only advice I have is if you are booking a handicaped room and really need one, don't just request it when booking. They seem to feel a request isn't something that you actually have to get. What I'm saying is you have to demand it.

• Liked — very clean and peaceful
  • Disliked — the check in
  • Tips/Secrets — make sure you demand a handicaped villa if you need one. Don't just request one.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank claylcl

Ariel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,730 reviews
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!