“I'm sorry...but I Loved the experience!!!!”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Reviewed January 28, 2007

We returned back from Westgate on the 20th January 2007 having stayed there 2 weeks. I have to say that I couldnt pick fault with the room at all. Although there has just been a review about building 5000, that was the one where we stayed also. Although we only payed for a box standard studio appartment, when we arrived we were over whelmed by the luxury we were given. The appartment (shown on the westgate website) was of an unbelieveable quality. As there was some building work going on on the far side of the fountain, it wasnt 'fantastic' on the eye, but it certainly wasnt enough to complain about! The spa pool in the bedroom was really lovely plus and we enjoyed this many nights after the parks - when we weren't too tired!!
The kitchen, bedroom, the lounge, bathroom and dining area were all finished off to a really high quality. We had fresh towels delivered to our appartment every day and often our bins were emptied. We had washer and dryer facilities and they also included some free packs of washing powder, tea, coffee, milk, washing up liquid, soaps, shampoo/conditioner and kitchen towels so you didnt have to pay extra expenses. All cutlery and glasswear were pretty much sparkling.
I have read quite alot of the reviews before going and was slightly worried due to some of the reviews - but I certainly needn't have been! Sometimes, I wonder what some people expect from holidays?!!!
The ONLY downside I agree with is the people on the front desk are extreamly unprofessional. One night, we ordered a taxi through Westgate as they recommend nothing else but this company. Of course you pay slightly more for the privilage, but as we didnt know the area we wanted to use a reputabal company. Anyway, the taxi arrived bang on time. We pre-paid our return journey. When the show finished, we waited over half an hour for it to show - but it didnt. So we had to order yet another taxi back!!! As soon as we arrived back at Westgate, went to the front desk to complain. They offered to call the company and we were told that our money would be returned first thing the next day. Of course this never happened and on returning to the front desk yet again, they refused to have anything to do with this!! They said that although they recommended the company, it was up to us to sort out any problems!!!!! I found their rudeness completely unprofessional! After yet more phone calls we were able to arrange for the money to be returned! My advise to you all is NOT to use the company they select for you as it costs you quite alot more in the long run. When we used another taxi firm, we found them to be about 4-5 dollars less expensive and alot more reliable!
Oh and one thing I wanted to mention about the timeshare...my partner and myself have NEVER been sucked in to buying one or have even been 'remotely' interested, BUT as our villa was of such a high quality, we did go along. OK, so the 90 minute talk turned into more of a 3 hour long session, but the deals you could get them down to were fantasic!! Even though we couldnt commit at that time, we have the details of a contact there that we could deal with at a later date - although we realise that you shouldnt really do this! For our trouble, we got $80 and 2 Arabian Night tickets (show) - which are normally $50 plus dollars each. We went and had quite a good night. Also the location of this place for parks couldnt really be any better!!

SO...over all, would I return?? - YES!!! - ABSOLUTELY!!! We both enjoyed the expereince so much that I 'made' myself write a review for this place (I normally never get around to it!!) Apart from the front desk the only other down side was that we were that busy with parks, we couldnt enjoy our appartment to the full !
If there is anybody looking at visiting this resort, I would be happy to help you with any further details if I can.
Contact me on sammytoop@aol.com

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! ;-)

Stayed: January 2007
17  Thank sammie2173
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Reviewed January 24, 2007

After reading some of the reviews on Westgate Vacation Villas, I began to wonder if I booked the wrong place.

It was fabulous!! Exactly like the pictures I viewed when I booked, clean and neat. We stayed 5 nights. There were no long lines at check in and I was not harrassed by any staff during my stay. I would highly recommend Westgate and will stay with them again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank foreveramber

Reviewed January 17, 2007

We stayed as guests of new owners last June. The property is dreary in the extreme and is basically an operation to sell timeshare to suckers. We managed to avoid any of the Sales Team by staying well clear of any meetings.

The resort has few facilities apart from some bleak swimming pools. There is one bar that shuts at 9:00, a pizza hut and a shop. Nearby there is a strip of tacky restaurants and cheap hotels.

The resort exists solely as a flop house for the parks. Most people there were on cheap, subsidised breaks that lasted two or three days.

The apartments are well-equipped but that's about it. If you are looking for luxury in Orlando avoid Westgate like the plague.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham J

Reviewed January 14, 2007

Just returned from an excellent time in westgate. I loved it, and the amenities it offered. FAMILY LOVED it, rooms and service were beyond our expectations.
i do recommend

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank miavega59

Reviewed January 8, 2007

My family and I stayed here on our vacation to florida. We booked it through one of the owners of the time shares. When we checked in we did have a small problem getting the villa we asked for. The other family we were traveling with has a handicaped person in a wheel chair. We specifically asked for a handicaped villa. But one was not available. But finally they accomidated us with one. Other than that we had a great stay here. The help was wonderful and they did not pressure us to take a tour or anything. They didn't even mention it. Jose took us to our villa, showed us around it and then left. No problems what so ever. The carts that run around the resort are for the help and the resort tours that they conduct. But they all stayed out of the way when we drove through. The kids had a great time and it really was peaceful there. The only advice I have is if you are booking a handicaped room and really need one, don't just request it when booking. They seem to feel a request isn't something that you actually have to get. What I'm saying is you have to demand it.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank claylcl

Reviewed January 2, 2007

Alot of staff standing around doing nothing while you wait in line to check in was our first impression. Very crammed property they give out a parking pass but you are not gauranteed a parking place near your unit. The room was average as was the bed. The location was a real and the only plus. The food at the snack bar was eatable at best and the prices on the groceries were like double a regular store. So money hungary they charge you 86 cents for a local call. I exchanged thru Interval International, when I figure what I paid for my orignal time share plus maintance, exchange fee and to belong to Interval for the right to exchange I figure I paid $1150. for a 7 night stay plus some $20. plus for local calls for an average $167.00 a night. Maybe not a bad deal but someone is pulling the wool over my eyes if this is better than a 3 star resort.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lendid

Reviewed January 2, 2007

Apartment in Building 5000
THE GOOD:
Fresh clean new apartment, easily changed room for me from construction-facing side on the west to the east pool-facing side (but only because hardly anyone else was in the building, so be sure to insist on side facing pool if making reservations in this building- huge construction of new resorts on-going on west side), pleasant personnel, usual timeshare luxury appointments, 54” TV, good live music at the welcome party
THE BAD:
Hot water interruptions when showering (most irritating!), in-room spa features not working, slow-to-react heating system on cold days, insufficient number of wastebaskets, not enough towel racks, all-glass dishes not pleasant to eat off, outdoor spas on property not kept at high enough temperature, the laughable “buffet dinner” welcome party which consisted of pasta, chicken fingers, some nachos and not a single vegetable or dessert on the table (unless you consider the wrapped mints scattered at the end of the table a dessert)
THE UGLY:
Because I had paid a full high price for a one week rental, $995, (which I found out later I could have had for less on their internet promotion but they wouldn’t let me change!), and was NOT at the resort under any sort of promotion deal, I had been assured repeatedly on the phone with reservations that I would NOT have to suffer through a sales pitch. Unfortunately, that was not true. The pleasant Guest Services Representative started out badly by calling me at home the day before the trip at 10 o'clock at night, waking me when I had to arise at 1 am for the long drive to the airport, and the flight to Florida. Suffering from a terrible cold, I was not happy about that intrusion! To make matters worse, the next night, our first night in the resort and after a long day of traveling and fighting this bad cold, I was in bed and asleep by 10 pm. At 11:30 that night, the Guest Representative awakened me for the second straight night! I couldn’t believe it. Heart pounding, I thought there must be some emergency to be jolted out of sleep at that time of night by a ringing phone. But no, it was the Guest Rep again, this time to inquire if everything was all right in the unit. I told her that this was a ridiculous time to call and that I couldn't believe she would be calling a guest at that time of night!! She insisted that an appointment had to be made with her to “discuss my equity”, I said I had no “equity”, that I had paid for a week’s rental, but she was adamant that I had to meet with her to sign papers and offered an 8:30 breakfast on the Wednesday. My grandaughters and I kept the appointment, but soon found we were taking a tour of the facilities, learning the history of the resort and not receiving breakfast. I repeated over and over that I was not interested in purchasing a timeshare. The Guest Rep said pleasantly that she was just doing her job and continued merrily on in her sales pitch. We could not leave until paperwork was signed confirming my refusal of their offers and the process was stretched out unbelievably. At last, we were taken to a room with a light breakfast counter and tables each manned by a Guest Rep and prospective purchasers. The combination of the noise of the overhead music and announcements and sales chatter of 25 or more agents reminded me of the mind-numbing cacophony of a casino. We were subjected to long periods of time waiting alone when the Guest Rep disappeared, leaving us sitting and wondering what was going on. She kept returning with another sales angle to try. A manager had to be called to countersign the refusal. We waited over a half an hour for him. When he arrived at the table, he acted incredulous that I was not interested in the great deal they were offering. He gave a hard sell, putting me down for not being smart enough to take up their offer. When he saw that I was adamantly sticking to "No", he countersigned the form I had already signed and I thought I would finally be on my way, but no, another agent had to sign too, I wasn’t told why, and we waited for her. It turned out she was offering rental weeks for the future. Luckily, she was not so insistent nor so aggravating as the manager, and we waited only about 20 minutes to have her sign off. Finally, 2 hours after our appointed time, we were finished with them. I don’t know if our Guest Rep had been reprimanded by the manger about our refusal, but when, after another interminable wait, she came back with the copy of the signed form that I had insisted on receiving, she was visibly distressed. At last, we took our leave of that aggravating, irritating, time-consuming, pressure-filled situation. My grandaughters were not impressed! I had kept them with me as a life lesson in hard sell, and it was an excellent lesson indeed! I pointed out all the usual subterfuge and lines used, the little act played out between the timeshare players, and the tactics they employ to try to shame and coerce you into buying. They now know what to look out for in the world of high-pressure sales! Conclusion: Westgate, no matter what they tell you on the phone beforehand, is a hard-sell timeshare resort. If you are not interested in timeshare, don’t go there!

• Stayed: December 2006
7  Thank Keltic_Kid

Ariel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!