We returned back from Westgate on the 20th January 2007 having stayed there 2 weeks. I have to say that I couldnt pick fault with the room at all. Although there has just been a review about building 5000, that was the one where we stayed also. Although we only payed for a box standard studio appartment, when we arrived we were over whelmed by the luxury we were given. The appartment (shown on the westgate website) was of an unbelieveable quality. As there was some building work going on on the far side of the fountain, it wasnt 'fantastic' on the eye, but it certainly wasnt enough to complain about! The spa pool in the bedroom was really lovely plus and we enjoyed this many nights after the parks - when we weren't too tired!!
The kitchen, bedroom, the lounge, bathroom and dining area were all finished off to a really high quality. We had fresh towels delivered to our appartment every day and often our bins were emptied. We had washer and dryer facilities and they also included some free packs of washing powder, tea, coffee, milk, washing up liquid, soaps, shampoo/conditioner and kitchen towels so you didnt have to pay extra expenses. All cutlery and glasswear were pretty much sparkling.
I have read quite alot of the reviews before going and was slightly worried due to some of the reviews - but I certainly needn't have been! Sometimes, I wonder what some people expect from holidays?!!!
The ONLY downside I agree with is the people on the front desk are extreamly unprofessional. One night, we ordered a taxi through Westgate as they recommend nothing else but this company. Of course you pay slightly more for the privilage, but as we didnt know the area we wanted to use a reputabal company. Anyway, the taxi arrived bang on time. We pre-paid our return journey. When the show finished, we waited over half an hour for it to show - but it didnt. So we had to order yet another taxi back!!! As soon as we arrived back at Westgate, went to the front desk to complain. They offered to call the company and we were told that our money would be returned first thing the next day. Of course this never happened and on returning to the front desk yet again, they refused to have anything to do with this!! They said that although they recommended the company, it was up to us to sort out any problems!!!!! I found their rudeness completely unprofessional! After yet more phone calls we were able to arrange for the money to be returned! My advise to you all is NOT to use the company they select for you as it costs you quite alot more in the long run. When we used another taxi firm, we found them to be about 4-5 dollars less expensive and alot more reliable!
Oh and one thing I wanted to mention about the timeshare...my partner and myself have NEVER been sucked in to buying one or have even been 'remotely' interested, BUT as our villa was of such a high quality, we did go along. OK, so the 90 minute talk turned into more of a 3 hour long session, but the deals you could get them down to were fantasic!! Even though we couldnt commit at that time, we have the details of a contact there that we could deal with at a later date - although we realise that you shouldnt really do this! For our trouble, we got $80 and 2 Arabian Night tickets (show) - which are normally $50 plus dollars each. We went and had quite a good night. Also the location of this place for parks couldnt really be any better!!
SO...over all, would I return?? - YES!!! - ABSOLUTELY!!! We both enjoyed the expereince so much that I 'made' myself write a review for this place (I normally never get around to it!!) Apart from the front desk the only other down side was that we were that busy with parks, we couldnt enjoy our appartment to the full !
If there is anybody looking at visiting this resort, I would be happy to help you with any further details if I can.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl