3,930 results
All reviewsdrafts sports barwater parkswan paddle boatswestgate town centermini golfmovie theaterbedroom villawasher and dryerfitness centerfull kitchendisney worldfamily vacationspring breakuniversal studiosmagic kingdomamenitiespools
Reviewed February 21, 2010

This is the first time I had exhanged through RCI. We attended their timeshare pitch only to find out that their other villas have much nicer amenities. Our villa had a rusted shower fixture and well worn counter tops and old TVs. The villas at the pitch had granite and flat screen TVs. The major problems were with the water, which had a very pungent sulfer smell and their lack of housekeeping. Initially, when we checked in, we were told about an $80 housekeeping fee. I called two days after checking in to ask why our room had not been cleaned. I was told that this would happen at mid week. On Wednesday, our room was still not cleaned. I called and was told that as an RCI trade, we did not get the room cleaned. Huh???

Also had problems with the phone as there were twenty messages on the machine when we checked in, which resulted in the phone light blinking all of the time. That was fixed by unplugging the phone at night. As for the phones, I think I saw them on the Mary Tyler Moore show. At least they were not dial versions.

Last problems were with the bed linens and blankets. The cover sheet did not cover the entire king sized bed. There were no blankets on the bed other than bed cover and I never use that. The room had some "blankets" which were old knit afghans. We called for blankets and received a half dozen more of the afghans and one blanket. We needed them as the weather was upper 50s to low 60s throughout the week. This was just wierd. The beds were awful and my neck still aches from the week.

Some good things. The room was generally clean. There was a lot of room for six people. The kitchen worked although there was a problem with a tempermental microwave. The washer and dryer were nice. Pillows were okay and plentiful.

At least I was able to get through the timeshare pitch quickly and with incentives. I advised the "manager" that I had purchased my Wyndham timeshare on line for a dollar and that it was a gold crown resort. They offered me a week from their foreclosure list for over $17,000. I again told them that I had purchased my timeshare, which gave me three banked weeks through RCI for a dollar. At that time, the poor sales person gave up and we were done in 45 minutes!!!! When I checked out, I spoke to a few other people and advised them of the E-Bay offers.

My advice is to make sure that you are given a new room. Also make sure that you negotiate the best incentives before doing the timeshare pitch.

2  Thank ronandmak
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

We own a 1-bedroom week here in Value Season and were using it for the 1st time since purchasing 2 years ago. It was a vacation for my husband and I. We had building 5000, 8th floor. (the top). We had a fabulous balcony, screened in, with views of the pond and mini-golf and evening fireworks in 2 viewing locations! A wonderful villa with huge tub. Very quiet. Check-in was efficient but we were offered poor times for the 1 1/2 hour presentation. We wanted our Disney discount tickets but didn't want to waste time sitting through a sales pitch since we already owned there. But we had to! With the economy they really wanted to sell us another one but we resisted. It WAS an excellent deal on tickets for Disney so well worth the time. Our shower was NEVER hot, just warm. Maybe they do that to save on hot water heating? We loved the complimentary ammenities such as the 18 hole mini golf, the bikes and the paddle boats. We never had time for the movie theatre or resort picnics. All 18 pools looked gorgous but we had no time to swim. The pool water was warmed to a lovely bathwater temp. Perfect for the 65-75 degree weather that week. We can't wait to go back again. EVERYTHING is there!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelm0m48

Reviewed February 15, 2010

We were very skeptical about going to this hotel since there were some really bad reviews. I think they were not accurate with my experience. For a living, I am a health inspector and am use to looking at things with a critical eye. We were very thankful that the room was huge and on the surface clean. Yes, there was dust under the bed and some dirt in some corners but most hotels I have stayed in just don't clean like I do. There was also some mold/dust buildup on our kitchen fan. It was definitely comfortable and the front desk and housekeeping answered everything with 'My pleasure" The location was great for Disney attractions and close to all kinds of food.

1  Thank MargNy

Reviewed February 15, 2010

My parents have been owners at Westgate Vacation Villas for about 20 years. They invite my family to join them all the time. We have spent a week there in Mid-March at least 10 times. We have stayed in the two-story villa buildings and more recently in the Town Center Towers. We have rarely ever had any complaints. The cleaning personnel may miss a spot here or there once in a while, but that is a minor issue that has been easily remedied. It's proximity to attractions and restaurants is wonderful. There is so much available to do on the property that you wouldn't have to go off-site for fun. The pools by the towers do get crowded, but we have never felt 'burdened' by walking to the other side of the complex to find a less-crowded pool. Walking across the complex on a warm, sunny Florida day is not a issue when you are used to freezing temps and plenty of snow at home that time of year. We enjoy every minute spent poolside! And being so close to the Disney parks is wonderful. The unit we stay in has always been clean. The three TV's allow us all to watch what we want, if we watch at all. The unit is large enough that the six of us(three generations) never feel cramped or like we are crawling on top of each other. The kitchen is good sized and we get good use out of it. And with having a washer/dryer in the unit, you can pack lighter for the trip. The exterior portions of the property are well maintained. I don't pretend to make it sound perfect. Things happen. But things happen at home too. But I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every stay we have had at Westgate Vacation Villas. It is a place where I can relax and enjoy my vacation time.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wireman28

Reviewed February 13, 2010

We are Diamond Resort Members and couldn't get a reservation with one of our resorts with only three weeks to travel date. We exchanged through Interval. Big mistake. We ended up with Westgate Vacation Villas. Sure the pictures on the internet look pretty good, but our room didn't look like them at all. The room we ended up in was very dated. The Bi-fold closet door was laying on the floor when we came in and the room appeared very used and unclean. A few minutes after arriving, a maintenace man knocked on the door and told us he was there to caulk the bathroom. He walked into the bathroom while one of the kids was using it, and then he left without fixing the door. Some other guys brought a replacement door a few minutes later and after inspecting the bathroom, they told us it didn't need to be caulked afterall. We immediately decided not to stay the week. Luckily we called Diamond and they were able to get us in the Grand Beach. I was nervous about Westgate Vacation Villas after reading the bad reviews on here, but there were good reviews too, so I was trying to be optimistic before check in. The resort presents itself well on the outside, but inside the rooms just don't measure up. Seriously, if you are thinking about staying here, reconsider. This is little more than a glorified motel.

1  Thank alhow18