“Would definitely stay here again”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 13, 2010

As with other people, there were some things I was leery about when booking our stay here. But after having been there for a week, I have absolutely NO complaints. It was easy to find, close to Disney World, and close to restaurants and stores. We rented a car - definitely do that. The mini golf was fun, playground was great, and paddle boats were fun. Didn't use the pool (too cool outside for us!), but the pools looked great as well. Our 2 bdrm condo with loft was fabulous! Loved having the W/D, D/W, two baths, etc... We did have a problem using a DVD we brought, so we called the front desk, and someone was there to help us with it within 15 minutes! Checking in did take a little long, but it was okay. Check out was fast. Our condo was clean, no bugs, plenty ot linens, pillows, D/W soap and laundry soap. Highly recommend the place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

My family purchased a timeshare at Westgate Vacation Villas three years ago. For the second year in a row our unit (2 bedroom) was under contruction. The previous year we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom + loft. This year we were just told that they would be putting us in another unit. My dad suggested that he would like to use the unit he bought and paid for or he would like to be upgraded. We were upgraded to the loft.
At the check in counter the staff member whose job it was to get us to go to a sales meeting told us we would recieve discounts for Disney if we attended the meeting. When we went to the gifting centre to recieve this incentive we were told that disney does not allow the selling of discounted tickets by the resort.
The free breakfast was terrible and they ran out of fruit and butter before we got there. We stayed for an hour and they never refilled these. The eggs were very runny. We did recieve our $20 deposit and $50 Visa gift card after walking to the gift centre, which is located in another building. Also, during the sales meeting we strongly felt that we were being recorded. The sales person also said some very inapproriate things for someone who doesn't know any of us personally.
Upon entering our unit we noticed that all of the counter tops in the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms were disgusting and there were hairs in the tub. Having driven from Canada, we decided to wipe them ourselves and not bother waiting for someone to come and clean it for us.
The beds in the 2nd bedroom were sliding off the platforms everytime you sat on them and were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. At midnight on the night we arrived we were woken up tby the voices of the people in the unit below us 'moving in'.
The pool behind our unit was constantly full of leaves. One morning we found a syringe (we later found out was from jello shooters) in the pool! On the upside, the hotel does throw an awesome pool party with great music and lots of games and prizes.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I would certainly caution anyone who is considering buying a timeshare to reconsider. My family got a very good price on the unit and could not sell the unit for half of what we paid!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank froggie_luvah

Reviewed January 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas with our two small children for eight nights in Jan 2010. Perfect location just off Irlo Bronson, off I4 at Exit 64 Magic Kingdom. We have stayed in the vicinity of this resort several times over the last few years and enjoyed this place the best. Even though most people spend most of their time at the various attractions in the area, a person could spend a day without leaving this resort as we did one of our days.

The villa was a huge two bedroom with a huge jetted tub in the master. Very clean. There were always workers running about cleaning the grounds. It doesn't get any better than this as far as a property off Disney.

We normally rent a house but we enjoyed this just as much or even more. Can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 17, 2010

We visited westgate last year in May, that was our 5th visit to the resort, they took us to a villa that was not cleaned & very used, we requested a clean villa, they took us to the 2nd villa after waiting outside in the sun for 30 min. and once we got to the 2nd villa the sofa felt sticky the tile looked dirty & nothing has been updated since we became owners 9 yrs ago including the tv & when we book our vacation my husband always requests a villa with a lg screen tv they tell him no problem, but when we get to the villa it never is. When we became owners we were under the impression we had purchased a newer unit when in fact it was one of the oldest villa's at WVV & everytime we bring it up we are told we can upgrade & pay additional money for a newer unit _WHICH WE WILL NEVER DO!! In years past we requested to stay at Westgate Lakes & Spa ( 5 miles from WVV) which we found was closer to resturants we enjoy & last year we were told we would need to pay an additional 500.00 to stay at that resort due to us being owners at WVV not Westgate Lakes & Spa. So at this point we have a old villa that has had no updates since we purchased, yet our maintance fee has gone from 360.00 to 721.00, at time of purchase we were told it only increased approx. 10.00-20.00every 10 years, we only purchased 1 week every other year. We would sell but have found that we probably couldn't give it away.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank epmOhio

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Checking out after one night. Police outside last night because car stolen. Broken dishes, mold, unhelpful front desk manager Shane refused to help since the place is sold out for New Year's. Grossest place we've experiened in Orlando.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank FloridaTruthful

Reviewed December 28, 2009

I stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas December 12-18, 2009 with my best friend. I was given a week stay for free because I have good friends that own a timeshare there. When I checked in to the resort, it took 7 people for me to have to talk to and over an hour to check in. No matter what the questions was that I had during my entire visit, I either received an "I don't know" or "Let me get you someone else that might be able to help you" or "I don't understand what you are saying." No matter how many times I asked to talk to a manager about a problem I was having, there never seemed to be a manager on duty to help me out. I speak very good English and was speaking with exact grammar and asking logical questions but wasn't getting anywhere. During my check-in, I was promised a $50 VISA check card, a free breakfast and discount attraction tickets if I went on an hour tour of the property. I agreed and paid a $20 deposit. The next morning, ready for my breakfast and goodies and tour, I was told that I didn't make enough money to get these deals promised to me the day before. I was told I had to make at least $40,000 a year, but I was not asked this question when all of this was proposed to me. However, I did get my $20 deposit back. Let me say that this resort was beautiful, there are 13 pools on the property, mini golf, and a coffee shop, souvenir shop, jewelry store, movie theater, and a counter to buy discount attraction and Orlando tickets - ALL IN THE LOBBY! And it was in a good area if you enjoy going to restaurants and gift shops. During my trip there was going to be 3 days for me to try to get to Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure by myself without a car. I asked 10 people at the resort on how to get to those attractions and I received a lot of "I don't know" responses or "There is no way unless you rent a car." I did not want to rent a car because it would only be 3 days for me to travel solo. The resort also told me that I could take a cab for approximately $40-50 one way or I could pay about $3 and take the public bus system LYNX and transfer a lot and it might take me 5 hours. So in my last phone call to the front desk I discovered Mears Transportation. It was a shuttle service that charges $18 round-trip for places all over Orlando and Kissimmee and to all of the attractions and all I did was call them to find the pick-up times and made a reservation and they picked me up in front of the resort lobby. When I was ready to leave all I had to do was call them 2 hours in advance and pick a pick-up time. The shuttle drivers were very nice and it was the least expensive and easiest travel source I found in my research. At the resort there was a man by the name of Eric Vasquez that was very helpful at the front desk and Frances Mace was very helpful at the Discount Attractions window. I just wanted everyone to know ahead of time what to expect of the resort and know the price of a good shuttle service to use anywhere in Orlando or Kissimmee.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
7  Thank MississippiIsAwesome

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Being on the top floor in building 6000 gave us views of the Disney Fireworks around 10pm, plus view of the lake instead of buildings was nice. Room itself was very clean, like new. I was disappointed in the lack of storage space, I don't like living out of a suitcase...I like unpacking my clothing to be either hanging up in closet & inside drawers...but there was no room for that here. We declined room service, after reading some of these reviews online. Staff was nice and very friendly, lots of smiling faces. I liked the amenities, such as the theatre, pool area, fitness room. There was plenty of open spaces for parking. We have been owners of Westgate Timeshares since 1999, and traded one of our 3 bedrooms at Westgate Lakes for this newer 2 Bedroom at Westgate Town Center...which the terms of our agreement for this purchase has BIG issues that need to be worked out.
Yes, the units there are very nice. I have no issue with that at all. The ONLY reason we downsized from the 3 bed to the 2 bedroom was the fact we could divide the 2 bedroom to be used any other time, since it is a "float". We purchased a Red Week, 51 (Christmas Week) and was told we could exchange our week to be at ANY other Westgate Property without paying the $132 exchange fee. Which was NOT true, as we were charged this fee to exchange a 1 bedroom Westgate Town Center Kissimmee Christmas Week for a 1 bedroom at Daytona Thanksgiving Week.
Also, we needed to use week 52 instead of week 51 at Christmas Time, and Westgage tried to charge me $250 for using a different week during a holiday time. I argued and had to get a supervisor to waive this fee, which they did.
We would like to have our 3 bedroom back and wished we had never purchased the other unit since the terms were not as promised. I look forward to meeting with our representive because they are going to get an earful!!
We have stayed at Westgate in Vegas, Westgate in Daytona, Westgate Palace in Orlando, Westgate Lakes in Orlando ... always experienced a great time & treated well.
Just tread carefully when you are asked to upgrade or exchange your unit. Get everything in writing, plus DO NOT TALK when your represenative walks away...they are recording you!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Ariel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!