3,929 results
All reviewsdrafts sports barwater parkswan paddle boatswestgate town centermini golfmovie theaterbedroom villawasher and dryerfitness centerfull kitchendisney worldfamily vacationspring breakuniversal studiosmagic kingdomamenitiespools
Reviewed July 25, 2006

Check in took approx 15 minutes. We had a 2 bdrm 2 bath unit. It had a nice large living room with a sofa bed in the living room. The unit was spacious and clean. My only concern was that the bathtub was stained. It really was clean, just stained. We had a full size washer and dryer. They provided a single use box of detergent. They also provided dishwashing soap. We had plenty of towels and Housekeeping did replenish the towels mid week. Parking was close by and convienent. We did find it noisy at night and early morning. I guess noise is to be expected with so many people around. It is a very large place. The grounds were well kept and landscaping was pretty. We didn't spend much time there during the day and we used the pool only once. The pool we used was clean. The location was very convient for Disney parks and area restaurants. I would stay here again. We had a great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank Holly H
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Reviewed July 24, 2006

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we were a more than a little worried about staying here! First let me mention that the trip was a gift, as well as an exchange through Interval World. (In other words, we did not go to Westgate as part of a freebie weekend or theme park tickets or anything that would indicate our agreement to sit through a timeshare sales presentation.) We had read through all of the TripAdvisor[--] reviews and felt pretty prepared for potential problems. THANK YOU, TRIP ADVISOR!!!

Check-in was smooth at 6:30ish on a Sunday and took about 15 minutes, although the line was a bit longer when I left than when I arrived. We had a strategy after reading other reviews: my husband dropped me off to check in and took the kids for dinner. I called him on the cell for the all-clear. This tactic worked beautifully.

We stayed in Building S, unit #8, and found it spacious, very clean, easy to access, close to a pool, and quiet (except for nightly critters like frogs and birds, which was more cool than annoying). The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed, including starter sets of detergents. The washer/ dryer were smaller stackable types, but worked fine. We had plenty of towels for bath and pool needs. There were extra pillows and a set of sheets for the pull-out sofabed. There were no pest problems, and the golf carts - - though plentiful - - were not an issue as they were for some TripAdvisor reviewers.

Overall, I have the following tips to offer anyone staying at Westgate:

1. DIRECTIONS: Correct your Westgate directions to include an exit # change: not 25B but 64B off of I-4 West. The exit ramps have been renumbered.

2. CHECK-IN/ SALES: Read all the reviews, and follow the advice regarding check-in! I politely, firmly, and repeatedly declined an escort to the room. I was given a map and keys and sent on my way. I unplugged all the phones, and had no unwanted sales issues the entire week. (There was no mention of the dreaded maintenance report that other reviewers discussed. )

3. LINENS: The mattresses are slippery and the sheets don't stay on well. If I stayed at Westgate again, I'd bring those elastic sheet stays with the clips to hold the sheets on the mattresses OR I would bring my own mattress covers. The latter would take a bit of packing space, of course.

4. LINENS: We always remove any hotel bedspreads because they are questionable, you know? There were no blankets at Westgate, and we'd read that in the reviews. I brought small blankets/ throws for each of our four children to use in the car. These doubled nicely for extra blanket coverage in the villa and made for a bit of a taste of home, too.

5. DINING: I'll mention that our children enjoyed Houlihan's on 192 West. Although the food was pretty typical fare and not particulary inexpensive, this was a child-centered experience that made the meal more pleasant for the adults in our party, too. There was a roving balloon artist who made balloon animals for each of our children (tipping optional); the waiter brought carrot sticks, dip, and bread/ butter before the meal; the tables were large and conducive to a family gathering. Our kids rated this highly as a favorite stop.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
22  Thank cwahoff

Reviewed July 19, 2006

We stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas as an Exchange of our lockoff unit in Westgate Lakes. We ended up in a 2 bedroom with a loft located closer to the main road. The unit was lovely! It was a 2nd floor end unit with soaring ceilings over the Great Room. It hadn't been updated yet so the decor was very 90's and a bit worn but lovely just the same. Kitchen had been updated with newer appliances. Not much drawer space in the master bedroom. TV's were still the smallers ones but each had a DVD and the loft had a VCR.

No problem with pushy timeshare salespeople. We followed our "escort" to the unit since we had 2 cars. Once there we questioned him about how far away he was from his sales monthly quota and asked how he liked his job. Being proactive turns most sales people into humans and you don't get any pushy nonsense. It was a slow month for him and we didn't want him to waste his time on us.

We avoided the very busy pools and went to the smaller ones near the resort entrance. They are fabulous!! Small and uncrowded we had the whole pool to ourselves most days and enjoyed sunbathing, pool games and the XM satellite radio.

The location was good for us since we were attending a 5 day Dance Competition at the Dolphin Hotel.

This was a very nice trade for our efficiency unit at Westgate Lakes. The digs were not as nice as our Westgate Lakes Unit but we own one of the models and it is not occupied that many weeks a year. I'd definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank pramtam

Reviewed July 13, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Westgate Vacation Villas for a week during June 2006. Our lodging was a large two bedroom suite. The suite was older, but everything was in good condition. We were located near a pool and tennis courts, had a washer and dryer in the room and a screened in porch.

The only issues we had with the resort was that there was no housekeeping during the week (we had to wash our own towels) and that it seemed more like staying in an apartment than in a resort (everything is really spread out and there seemed to be few organized activities).

We had no check in problems and were NEVER approached by anyone trying to sell a timeshare - even though this was a timeshare exchange through II.

Our family enjoyed staying here and would do so again. The location can't be beat.

6  Thank 1purple

Reviewed July 12, 2006

My family just got back (July 2-7) from a week stay at Westgate Town Center. Had a ball!!! Nothing to complain about. The rooms were just as you see in the pictures. Plenty to do in and around the resort, situated in a very convenient location. About a mile from Disney's Magic Kingdom. Our only complaint is that we didn't have enough time! I too read the reviews over and over, contemplating, wondering what to expect and was very pleased. My husband, three kids, my mother, brother and I all stayed in a 2 BR. Plenty of room, the kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, pots and pans, etc., full-sized washer/dryer, very clean. No compaints-- We all can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2006