“Better than I thought”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
“Better than I thought”
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Well lets just say it went better than I thought it might. The service was excellent after the delay at check in, which in all honesty was caused by the fact that I wanted to try and stay in a certain area of the complex. We had no troubles from there on. There were a few tense moments when booking the place and we were a little concerned that we may not have a room when we got to Florida. But as it turned out we had a great room, which helped lead to a excellent vacation.

Mel from Binbrook

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
Reviewed March 18, 2006

I was very nervous after reading all the reviews on this site. Afterall, I had already traded my timeshare in Las Vegas for a week at Westgate through Interval Intl. I recently returned home from a 14 month tour in Iraq and this was a promised trip to my children and wife(kids are 8 and 5) I was in no mood to go through any type of sales pitch for anything. I had made my mind up that I would be the " not so friendly Vet" if I had to be to get out of the sales presentation.
To my surprise, Check in took about 10 minutes, I was expecting the dreaded hour I had read about. I was then directed to guest services. They simply showed me map of the resort and gave me directions to my Unit. That was it. No Greeter, sales pitch, maint. survey. NOTHING! I was not arguing either.
We got to our Unit ( CCC 06 ) and it was very nice and in good condition and order. The kitchen was complete with all utensils, the washer and dryer were very clean. All the beds and bedding were just as they should have been. I found no faults. There were even plenty of towels for showers and pool use. It was just like they said it would be...
Our first day we headed to Disney, when we got back there was a message. I figured it was the sales pitch/ maint scheme. But it was actually from the activities center letting us know what the activities for the day were. We got a message everyday informing us on what was going on. ( we had other plans all week so I just deleted the message each evening) Still no Pushy sales pitch!
We went to Pool #6 almost every evening (late evening) the kids enjoyed it and the adults enjoyed the hot tub. At midnight we were asked to leave so they could lock up the pool areas. Which was reasonable. One night the pool was closed due to maint issues. It was fixed first thing in the morning. The pool we were at was very Nice.
Check out took just a few minutes also. There were no issues there as well.
We recommend renting a car if you dont have transportation. Disney is about 2.5 miles from Door to parking lot ( Magic Kingdom is further) There are plenty of places to eat and shop within 3 min drive.

Overall it was much better than I expected. Especially if you factor in the reviews I had read. Im not saying that this sort of stuff is not happening... We were just fortunate that it did not happen to us!

We had a very nice stay at Westgate! Dont think I will Chance it again based on the reviews... I like to quit while Im still ahead. And in this case, We made out better than we expected.

• Stayed March 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I got this room and paid the 'no sales pitch' price. I was more or less forced into a sales pitch, lasted 9 hours (in part my fault, they offered me the ($900 I paid for the room towards purchase) I was bait and switched, and lied till the end. The room was at best 2 stars. The light cover fell from the ceiling in the shower, there was paint all over mirrors and power outlets, I was locked out of my room for almost an hour while security did a shift change. Took 3 calls to finally get them to let me in, and their key wasn't properly coded. After security failed to get in took 10 minutes or less for maintaince to let me in my room. I had cleaning staff walk in to my room around midnight (keep in mind I am on my honeymoon). All I got were I am sorry (from everyone) and a tin of cookies (I had to ask for those) as an apology. Avoid this place if you can at all manage it.

(and the pictures I saw were not at all like what I got, I did not get the 51" tv, I got a bolted in 21" maybe a 27" tv that had 12 channels half of which were disney or westage channels.)

• Stayed September 2005
14 Thank Z C

Ariel

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed February 27, 2006

We planned a family vacation with our own family and my brother, sister, parents and their spouses and children- a total of 14. We stayed in the 4 bedroom 4 bathroom...it was great. Very clean and very spacious, not your average room suite...each room was like a whole other hotel room...We had 3 kitchens, 7 TVS, 3 Jacuzzi tubs and one of them was huge about the size of the outside jacuzzi's, 3 friges, stove, 2 patios, washer and dryerm you name it they pretty much had it. Every day their were activities..and lucky us we had one of the main pools with a bar and playground for the kids. The only down fall I can think of about the place is no maid service daily.,...you get it dirty you have to clean it. You cant just walk down stairs and theirs vending or anything you actually have to drive up to the main lobby. But other than that we absolutly loved it...and we could have easily slept some more people in the rooms...! We will stay again!

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 24, 2006

Spoke to westgate for 2 hours after they called me and aranged vacation. They read all deatails back and I approved charge to my credit card. They placed me on hold and another person came on and said we were "being recorded for quality " and proceeded to go over all details again at which time I agreed again. I was given ID #, reservation # and one other # and told to have a good day and a good vacation with westgate. 30 min. later receive call saying they cant give me my package for the price they already charged my card and wanted to give me a different location, smaller room etc. I did not agree, they said they are cancelling my credit card. I said no, I spent 2 hours on a saturday morning with a 5 year old waitng while I spoke to reps. who approved deal and I want what everything we agreed upon. They said no and hung up on me. No one will talk to me or respond to my emails. Its been 6 hours with no response and no credit, even though I want no credit, I want my package!!!

Stayed February 2006
30 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 19, 2006

To start with, they send you outdated directions because the exits are closed. I called to say I am lost how do I get there, I am put on hold for 5 minutes then I am given directions. Still wrong! Eventually I find the place. I get in line to check in at 9:00 pm and wait in line for an hour and 15 minutes before getting to the desk. I finally step foot into my room at 10:36 pm

At check in they gave me the keys to my room and confirmed my 7:30am 90 minutes presentation that I must attend. I arrive at 7:30am with the ticket they gave me only to wait in line for 45 minutes before getting up to a kiosk. Here I was asked for my ticket and name then was told to go inside to a waiting area with 50 other people. I waited another 20 minutes before someone came up and asked my name. She said she would be right back. She came back 15 minutes later asking the spelling of my name, if maybe it was listed under someone else or if I had the id# they gave me. I explained I already gave that information to the people at the kiosk. She could not find me in the system even though I confirmed everything 3 times prior to arriving, I checked into my room where the info was confirmed again and at the kiosk where all my information was also confirmed. Finally, after another 10 minutes I was called in for my presentation. What a nightmare! My 90 minutes presentation turned into 6 1/2 hours. I said no several times, the lady was talking more to my friend than me even though I was the one who booked it. She tried getting other sales people to sell to me. They bad mouthed their competitors even showed a negative review on one of them, which happens to be a client of my company. Wasted my time and hers because she did not make a sale and I was her only prospect for the day because she wasted so much time. After the 2nd sales person she had come over, I told him to give me my tickets I was done and fed up. I went to say good bye to her and she said I didn't realize you were still her and turned her back to us instead of saying goodbye. To get my free tickets I had to go stand in another 45 minute line. A waste of a day. I get there for a 7:30am appointment and don't actually finish until 2:30pm. I was not happy.
The staff was very rude and unproffessional, they were all chomping on gum like cows, would not make eye contact with you, the manager at the front desk was eating McDonalds, talking on the phone and when he wasn't on the phone he was asking the other employees how to do things. If he is the manager he should know.
Over all the room itself was ok but everything else was horrible, the towels barely fit over your head never mind your body. I have stayed at 2 star hotels and have received better service than at Westgate.

I wouldn't reccommend it if you are looking for a fun, relaxing weekend unless you have time to waste waiting in lines. You can get better service at a Motel 6. At least they leave the light on for you and smile when you see them in the morning.

• Stayed February 2006
33 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Ariel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 152 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!