My father is a Westgate Owner and we exchanged this year for Westgate Vacation Villas. There were 9 of us this time around...Mom, Dad, myself, my fiance, Sister, Bro-in-law, and their three girls (the oldest is 6 and the twins are 5). We arrived at Westgate around 2:30pm on a Saturday and attempted to check in. Unfortunately, we were told our room was not yet available. No big deal, since Check-In doesn't officially begin until 4pm. They took our cell number and said they'd call us when our room was ready. We decided to take a stroll over to Pizza Hut (on site) and grab a late lunch on the patio while we waited. Afterwards, the girls ran off to explore, while us guys headed back over to the Check-In building. To make a long story short, the Check-In process was horrendous! Extremely disorganized and chaotic. Finally, after getting a little demanding, our room "magically" became available. In fact, I was told it was available for some time but they had neglected to call us (or TELL us for that matter, since we were sitting RIGHT THERE)....even after we double checked SEVERAL times with various people. There were quite a few unhappy travelers who were in the same predicament, many of which own at Westgate Vacation Villas. Terribly disappointing, but aside from this problem, the rest of our stay was fantastic!
So, although we were annoyed to say the least by the fact that our room wasn't ready until after 5:30pm, we were all very pleased with our accomodations. We were given a 3 Bedroom lock-off on the Ground floor as requested, and actually ended up in an end unit which was nice. The villa itself was very clean and comfortable, although perhaps just a bit "outdated". Our two screened in patios overlooking the lake were great, and we were just a very short walk to the pool, playground, paddleboats, mini-golf, and store....without being TOO close, so that it was always nice and quiet. The little ones enjoyed being able to walk outside the patio door every morning to feed the ducks, and the ground floor location was very convenient for getting out and about quickly! The beds were comfy. Big-screen (old style) TV was ok. Full kitchen and washer/dryer worked well and was extremely convenient. All in all, we couldn't have asked for much more in terms of accomodations.
We were off visiting the parks most days, so didn't exactly make full use of the resort ammenities, but the pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing, the kids loved the playground, on-site Pizza Hut was a nice bonus, as well as the store which made delicious chicken wings, rotisserie chicken, sandwiches, etc. Very well stocked and fairly reasonably priced (at least for a tourist hotspot like Orlando).
The location to the parks couldn't be beat, and I'd say most days we were in the parking lots for WDW parks in about 10 minutes. We also visited Sea World and Universal Studios, which were also maybe 20 minutes away. Realistically, we were probably able to get in and out of the parks almost as quickly as the monorail would take you to one of WDW's Resorts.
If you're looking for a comfortable, quiet location to serve as your "home base" for a week at the parks, I can't imagine you'd be dissapointed with Westgate Villas. There are LOTS of on-site activities that we simply didn't have time to do on the resort, and the grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. Just beware that the check-in process needs BIG improvements and prepare yourself to possibly have to wait for your room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl