I think the first thing to keep in mind is that this is a TIMESHARE RESORT that is sales driven. So what does this mean?
1. They will try to sell to you upon check in!
2. The lobby is grand but try to stay out of it during business hours because it is filled with potential customers waiting to take advantage of offers to look around the property.
3. Golf carts are constantly flying around the property along with cars.
4. There are benefits that owners receive that guest and exchangers do not: So if you are not an owner be ready to pay for wi-fi in your room ( 9.99 per day, good for one device only, it goes out often so don't waste your money), on site computers are .20cents per minute ( even if you have your own laptop).
5. late check out is an additional $80-125.00 dollars. Work this out ahead of time if you can.
6. Mini golf is approx. 5.25 per person per game ( same with the paddle boats) Fee to rent bikes as well. There are package deals that can be purchased ( $30 per family for all the activities) however if you are an owner all of this is free to you. Most structured activities also have fees attached.
The Movie theater is free however ( they show older disney movies) unfortunately it was out of order for the majority of our stay.
The property itself is massive; but well designed and maintained. There are several playgrounds for children and I think about 13 swimming pools ( all outdoor, so we didn't do any swimming). The property is very close to the heart of disney. It is off the main strip (192) which you will find just about every major fast food chain, restaurants, and retailers within a 20 mile radius in both directions.
The rooms ( villas across from the tower): The first room we checked in was horribly designed. It had no color or wall art, lots of mirrors and awkwardly positioned furniture. It felt really cold and unsettling so we asked for another room. We were moved to another room that was warmer, better decorated and had a great lay out. For a 2 bedroom we actually had 3 full bath rooms. Much happier with the switch!!! We did have lots of maintenance issues but they came quickly and took care of them in a very timely manner ( things like: stove burners not working, outlets not working, and tub not draining). We also had a old shower heads that sprayed all over the place but that's not a deal breaker, just make sure the curtain is pressed tight to the wall in every direction.
Initial contact with front desk for check in ( gentlemen at desk was not friendly at all, very stoic)
However, when we returned we spoke with a young woman at the desk who was very helpful in getting our room changed. The staff in the activity center, at the greeting desk in the lobby, at the attraction ticket sales and maintenance were all GREAT. So one bad apple did not spoil the bunch.
We've been exchanging into resorts for about 15 yrs. so we've seen all types. This is a good one but for people used to hotels be forewarned that they are run differently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl