3,990 results
All reviews drafts sports bar water park swan paddle boats westgate town center mini golf movie theater bedroom villa washer and dryer fitness center full kitchen disney world family vacation spring break universal studios orlando area magic kingdom amenities
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very impressed by the hotel staff and everything they did to accommodate me during my stay. We were only there for one night but decided that will be where we stay the next time in town. I enjoyed the view of the room, the enclosed balcony, the walk I took around the property and all the outdoor activities to keep kids active and entertained. The multiple pools was another thing we enjoyed, knowing we could still have privacy and not bother people around us.

• Stayed: November 2012
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Here at Westgate Vacation Villas we strive for nothing less than perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family. We are glad that you enjoyed our resort and all its amenities. We have many activities to offer the whole family. We are pleased that you plan on visiting again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just check out today, I am thankful that I did not pay full rate to stay here...I am not an owner just a regular traveler who took advantage of a timeshare package. I attended the presentation but did not buy, I would not recommend this property to anyone!!! the only units in good condition are the models they show in order to convince you to buy. We stay in one bedroom unit see picture attached there was mold in the shower the Tv's are so old you can even see a clear image from them . They are outdated and staying there was like staying in a very low quality motel.The bedding is terrible everything in there is extra charge nowadays almost every hotel offers free internet acces at not charge they ask for $ 9.99 per day!!! They have some amenities in the property but nothing out of this world. If you are thinking in booking this property see first their reviews and complaints just to save yourself a headache!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank catedratico02

Thank you for your feedback. Our owners and guests comfort and satisfaction are of great concern to us. We take pride in being able to meet and exceed our owners and guests expectations and making their vacations a memorable experience. We are sorry that we failed you. We hope that in the future you will give us another chance to exceed your vacation expectations.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been here a few times. I agree that unless you want to be pressured do not attend their breakfast. I just say I am not interested and they never bother me again. I also unplug the phone as soon as I arrive. There are multiple pools and a mini golf. You can check out bikes or go for a paddle boat ride. The rooms are dated but I have always found them clean and in good repair. They offer a shuttle to Disney if you wish to save on parking. Over all I think it is a great place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your previous stays as well as this one. As you mentioned, we do have many activities on property. We have 14 pools, mini golf, sports equipment rentals, paddle boats, and more. We are working on updating our resort to better accommodate all of our owners and guests. As you also mentioned, we do offer free shuttle service to Disney and Universal to save our guest from having to pay for parking. We hope you will visit again as we look forward to seeing you and your family again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

we are from Chicago drove down to Florida for our vacation stay we booked through our rci account.we had no issues on check in or any other amenities offered to us. we did sit through the presentation but the representative we had was great she understood we wanted to enjoy our vacation so she got us in and out within a hour tops.the discounts on the attractions were great we took advantage of everyone we wanted to do.we went the first week of November which was great because non of the parks were crowded and neither was the resort.the weather was great and we loved our stay at the 2 bedroom with loft we booked.definitely would refer this resort out to friends especially since it was 1 mile from disney. even though we didn't take our son for he is in school we will be going back to Florida to take him.only complaint we had was about the on site pizza place if your use to how pizza hut,uno's or any other great pizza place makes their pizza don't order from them you will be disappointed like we were to get a exchange item.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We strive for nothing shy of perfect customer service and we don't want to keep you from your vacation so we try to make your check-in as quick as possible. As you mentioned, we do offer discounts on local theme park tickets. This service is offered to anyone that stays on our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our two-bedroom with a loft and plan on visiting again in the future. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We vacationed in mid August 2012 to bring my young family to DisneyWorld. We arrived at this hotel early in the afternoon, and when we arrived in the lobby, it was a mad house of people everywhere!!! We tried to check in early, but was told our room will not be ready until 4pm. We didn't want to wake the sleeping kids in the car so we decided to wait. There was a small booth on the side that you approached at the agreed to time of when your room was ready. By 4pm, our kids were awake, running around the huge lobby and our room was still not ready. It took another 2 hours for our key to be available. They talked to us about the time share but I told them I had 2 small kids waiting for me and they let us go, no hassle.
The resort is huge so you'll be given a map of the resort. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the YY section with its own pool. There are several pools scattered around so you don't have to go too far from your section.
The room itself is fine, a little outdated but functionality is all I'm looking for. The main bedroom was spacious with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and toilet. The second bedroom had 2 twin beds. The living room also had a pull out queen size couch so it housed us very well. There was a dining table with seating for 4, the kitchen was a bit narrow. There is also the washer/dryer in the kitchen (inside the closet), so a bit tight for space but at least I didn't have to pay extra for doing the laundry for my family mid week!
The rooms were clean, there is an occassional bug visitor (a spider and a flying bug, but then it's summer so I'm ok - get the spider and the bug out the door), but overall the resort was good for my family. As long as you are self-sufficient, and don't need anything else from the resort, you won't have problems.
My only qualm that is outside of this hotel review, is that the spa is not on the resort...heck, it's not even on the same street, nor is it 5 minutes away. Get this, their Spa is 20 minutes away and you'll have to get there on your own, and you'll have to take the highway because it's quite far away...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Filcan101

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during check in. Our check-in time is 4:00 PM but sometimes we do need a little extra time to get the room perfect for our owners and guests. However, we are pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Our large two bedroom unit includes a jacuzzi, as well as a balcony and washer and dryer. Our rooms are very cozy and homey for any size family. We want to be able to make it your home away from home. We thank you again for your review and hope to see you soon.