3,929 results
All reviewsdrafts sports barwater parkswan paddle boatswestgate town centermini golfmovie theaterbedroom villawasher and dryerfitness centerfull kitchendisney worldfamily vacationspring breakuniversal studiosmagic kingdomamenitiespools
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been here a few times. I agree that unless you want to be pressured do not attend their breakfast. I just say I am not interested and they never bother me again. I also unplug the phone as soon as I arrive. There are multiple pools and a mini golf. You can check out bikes or go for a paddle boat ride. The rooms are dated but I have always found them clean and in good repair. They offer a shuttle to Disney if you wish to save on parking. Over all I think it is a great place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your previous stays as well as this one. As you mentioned, we do have many activities on property. We have 14 pools, mini golf, sports equipment rentals, paddle boats, and more. We are working on updating our resort to better accommodate all of our owners and guests. As you also mentioned, we do offer free shuttle service to Disney and Universal to save our guest from having to pay for parking. We hope you will visit again as we look forward to seeing you and your family again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

we are from Chicago drove down to Florida for our vacation stay we booked through our rci account.we had no issues on check in or any other amenities offered to us. we did sit through the presentation but the representative we had was great she understood we wanted to enjoy our vacation so she got us in and out within a hour tops.the discounts on the attractions were great we took advantage of everyone we wanted to do.we went the first week of November which was great because non of the parks were crowded and neither was the resort.the weather was great and we loved our stay at the 2 bedroom with loft we booked.definitely would refer this resort out to friends especially since it was 1 mile from disney. even though we didn't take our son for he is in school we will be going back to Florida to take him.only complaint we had was about the on site pizza place if your use to how pizza hut,uno's or any other great pizza place makes their pizza don't order from them you will be disappointed like we were to get a exchange item.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We strive for nothing shy of perfect customer service and we don't want to keep you from your vacation so we try to make your check-in as quick as possible. As you mentioned, we do offer discounts on local theme park tickets. This service is offered to anyone that stays on our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our two-bedroom with a loft and plan on visiting again in the future. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We vacationed in mid August 2012 to bring my young family to DisneyWorld. We arrived at this hotel early in the afternoon, and when we arrived in the lobby, it was a mad house of people everywhere!!! We tried to check in early, but was told our room will not be ready until 4pm. We didn't want to wake the sleeping kids in the car so we decided to wait. There was a small booth on the side that you approached at the agreed to time of when your room was ready. By 4pm, our kids were awake, running around the huge lobby and our room was still not ready. It took another 2 hours for our key to be available. They talked to us about the time share but I told them I had 2 small kids waiting for me and they let us go, no hassle.
The resort is huge so you'll be given a map of the resort. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the YY section with its own pool. There are several pools scattered around so you don't have to go too far from your section.
The room itself is fine, a little outdated but functionality is all I'm looking for. The main bedroom was spacious with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and toilet. The second bedroom had 2 twin beds. The living room also had a pull out queen size couch so it housed us very well. There was a dining table with seating for 4, the kitchen was a bit narrow. There is also the washer/dryer in the kitchen (inside the closet), so a bit tight for space but at least I didn't have to pay extra for doing the laundry for my family mid week!
The rooms were clean, there is an occassional bug visitor (a spider and a flying bug, but then it's summer so I'm ok - get the spider and the bug out the door), but overall the resort was good for my family. As long as you are self-sufficient, and don't need anything else from the resort, you won't have problems.
My only qualm that is outside of this hotel review, is that the spa is not on the resort...heck, it's not even on the same street, nor is it 5 minutes away. Get this, their Spa is 20 minutes away and you'll have to get there on your own, and you'll have to take the highway because it's quite far away...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Filcan101

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during check in. Our check-in time is 4:00 PM but sometimes we do need a little extra time to get the room perfect for our owners and guests. However, we are pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Our large two bedroom unit includes a jacuzzi, as well as a balcony and washer and dryer. Our rooms are very cozy and homey for any size family. We want to be able to make it your home away from home. We thank you again for your review and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

There were three in my party two college students and one adult. This was our first time at the Town Center and we really liked our room. Initially we were concerned that the one bedroom with full kitchen wouldn't be large enough, but everything worked out fine. The rooms are very large, the sofas, chairs, kitchen, bathroom, shower was first rate. I generally love Westgate.

We ordered pizza the first night, cooked breakfast and even washed our clothes -- that was all I needed for my two college students. We walked around the property then decided to go to Busch Gardens (that was a short one-hour drive) and had a ball. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RBF_DST

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our one-bedroom grand units are very spacious for small families. Those rooms can sleep up to four people; they have a full size kitchen, as well as washer and dryer. The pizzeria is one of five restaurants we have on property. We have a Mini Mart on site to assist you with any groceries you need. Our resort is one of the most convenient resorts in the area. We are just minutes away from the local attractions. Busch Gardens and Legoland are only about 45-60 minutes away. We thank you again for your feedback and we hope you and your family will come back to visit us here at Westgate Vacation Villas.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Westgate and it still is a nice place to put your feet up in. The only problem is the place is starting to look a bit dated , I've used it for over 10 years and it hasn't changed inside the villa's.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We apologize for not quite meeting your expectations. We are so pleased that you come every year and find it as a "nice place to put your feet up". We assure you that we do have an ongoing renovation program for all of our units at the resort. We continuously look for ways in which we can improve and meet our owners and guests expectations and to make their stay more comfortable. We want to thank you for your review and for trusting us through the years with your vacation time and we look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip.