“Don't be fooled, not a 5 star resort”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 18, 2008

There seems to be a consistent theme to these reviews. I am no different. The only redeeming quality is the proximity to WDW. Everything else was about selling timeshares. They were more interested in selling to prospective owners than helping the ones they have. Between the dirty bathrooms, floors, major construction starting at 8am and weathered look of the older properties I would not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,687)

Reviewed February 5, 2008

You can't beat this location. The property is not very congested, which I love! There are 2-3 story buildings that make up the villas. There was only one family above our heads as opposed to 6 or 7 floors of occupants like you might find at other resorts. There are a lot of free activities available to guests -- bicycles, tennis, paddleboats, over 10 pools and hot tubs and more!

I didn’t eat on the property, besides having Pizza Hut delivered the first night, which was good, so I really can’t comment much on the restaurants. But, who really comes to a resort for the restaurants when there are so many other things to explore in the area? The location is fabulous!

The 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit was spacious, large enough for 6 people comfortably (although the max. occ. is 8). The common areas (foyer, living room, dining room, kitchen) of the condo had ceramic tile flooring which works well for cleanliness, but didn’t work very well for insulation within the unit. My favorite thing about the unit is the full-size washer/dryer. There’s nothing more annoying than taking home dirty clothes after a week-long stay at a resort. The screened-in patio was a nice touch as well. We enjoyed being able to walk out to the lake where we fed the ducks.

I have stayed at this resort three times over the years. I must admit I was asked every time to take a tour of the property. The first time I obliged as they were trying to sell new developments. It was a lengthy pitch over breakfast; I declined. Each year, the units seem to be upgraded. One year I stayed in a 2-bedroom unit with 3 full baths -- nice touch!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank iluv2go2

Reviewed February 1, 2008

My family and I stayed at Westgate as part of a vacation package sold by hotelscorp.com. This company was said to offer many different hotel options, but when we called Westgate was the only one made available. The package was 4 days/3 nights and 2 free tickets for 129.00. This is an amazing deal that we jumped on.

Upon arrival, we had to wait and wait and wait to check in. The employees had little to no knowledge of what was going on. They placed a $50.00 hold on our credit card, which is not bad, however they informed us that while the money would come off immediately, it was going to take 14 days for them to put the money back after check in. They also told us that no additional charges would be made to our card, they said that this is illegal to do and guaranteed that the only charge would be the hold. The person who booked us stated that shuttles were free, internet was free, local calls were free. The reality, everything cost, the shuttle cost 25 dollars just to get less than half a mile from the front gate. I paid for the internet, but it did not work at all while I was there, and when I inquired about a refund, they said it would be another 14 days.

As a part of my package, I was required to attend a tour. The morning of our tour it was very cold, as I have two very small children, my daughter is only 4 months, we asked if just my husband could attend, they said no, we would be charged if we missed it. So, at 7:30 am we stood outside for 30 minutes waiting to go on a tour we were on time for. When we told the manager that we had complaints, she combatted our disapproval with anger and threatened to charge our account with fees. We also, after expressing our unhappiness, were told that we did not have to go on the tour, and would not incur additional charges. We actually paid for an additional day, because the villa was beautiful.

Check out is where the problems occurred. Upon check out the told us that nothing was owed, all we needed to do was turn the keys in. However, three hours later, my card incurred almost $400 dollars in charges, $150 dollars in phone calls, they said all of my calls were long distance and said I called numbers that I did not even recognize, they charged us per night for missing the tour and they did not release our deposit. When I tried to resolve this issue, I was again faced with the run around and very rude employees. They said "we've been in business for 25 years and have never had a complaint, we are the most reputable business here in orlando" They told me to contact the person I booked through, and like I said before, this person was Westgate operating under a different name.

Luckily, my bank is wonderful and upon investigation, refunded us all of our money, something that Westgate refused to do.

The villa was beautiful, it had a whirlpool in the bedroom, two bathrooms, a wonderful closed-in balcony, a huge living room dining area, and a full kitchen, which even included dishes and a dishwasher! However, beautiful rooms can not cover for dishonest and unsatisfactory service. If you want to be scammed and charged outlandish fees, stay at this hotel. If not, there are many other beautiful hotels nearby for a fraction of the cost.

2  Thank Clark_Family08

Reviewed January 29, 2008

From Check-in to Check-out, we had nothing but issues. We had to take their tour, which we were fine with, to be insulted repeatedly and then get locked out of our suite because they forgot we extended our trip another day. So with all our belongings locked behind their doors. I had to try and prove who I was and that we actually belonged there another day and we paid for that day months prior. After talking to a manager that cared less what I had to say, we will not be coming back here nor will we be purchasing a time share from them.

Our suite was clean for the most part, but there were some major disappointments. The biggest thing was there was left over food in the cupboard that had been left by a previous guest. Not just some crumbs, we are talking a half a box of snacks that could not have been overlooked if anyone of the cleaning staff had opened the cupboard.

2  Thank vikes_traveler

Reviewed January 17, 2008

We stayed at Westgate Resorts Vacation Villas for 8 nights in January of 2008. We got a two bedroom villa which was fairly comfortable for our family of 8.

Master bedroom with a king sized bed, jet bathtub, glass-wall shower, large sink/vanity, closet, three dressers, side tables, two lamps and a small TV.

Second bedroom had two queen sized beds, side tables with lamps, two dressers and closet.

Second bathroom with tub/shower and private toilet. Both bathrooms had hair dryers, travel sized shampoo and conditioner, towels, toilet paper, facial tissues.

Full kitchen with basic utensils for eight people - flatware, juice glasses, water glasses, glass mugs, plates and bowls. Large glass dining room table with eight chairs and bar counter attached to kitchen counter. Full size refrigerator and range. Plenty of cupboard space. Full size washer and dryer behind louvered doors in kitchen. Dish washer soap samples and small bottle of dish soap as well as trial size laundry soap were provided.

Living room with leather sectional with a queen hide-a-bed which two of my children slept on and a large flat screen TV and DVD player. Off the living room, also attached to master bedroom, was a screened in porch with a small table and four chairs. There was a wet bar surrounded by mirrors between dining room and living room.

This resort has 13 swimming pools of which we used the two closest to our building. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the grounds, constant maintenance and groundskeeping, and courteous employees of the resort.

We would stay here again if we had the opportunity. Having the laundry facilities in our villa allowed us to pack much lighter than we would have otherwise and the full kitchen saved us hundreds in food costs while staying in the Orlando area.

5  Thank Heather Y

Reviewed January 14, 2008

Hi,
I stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas with my kids,wife,and my dad. When we arrived we went into a crowed lobby flled with people. check in was nice, but then we had to have someone take us to our room and show us how about our room which was unneeded. Then are villa was not exactley waht you call five star. My dad is a five star member of Interville International. He was promised a 2 bedroom plus loft bedroom villa also with a
jacuzzi master bedroom. We didn't get that room. Then we went t
to the front desk asking them to change our room and they came threw. Then our vacation began to take a turn. We got a beautiful Florida style executive villa. Fantastic with a great view. They may ask you to go on a tour to get activity pass's. We were told it takes all day. We didn't do that. We spent 2 days a Disney Parks Epcot and Magic KIngdom which were close from the resort. The pools were good except dont go to pool 1 it is very crowded. All the other pools were nice and relaxed. We enjoyed our Christmas down in Sunny Florida 2007. We had a very nice family trip and it will be unforgetable time. The resort is nice just dont buy a villa and dont fall into the tour trap. Enjoy your trip.
This place is nice

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank TEACUPLUVA12

Reviewed January 9, 2008

We stayed from 12/30/07-1/6/08 as an Interval timeshare exchange and although I was concerned about our accommodation after reading many of these reviews, we were pleasantly surprised when we finally saw our 1 bedroom unit.
Check-in was at noon on a Sunday afternoon and it did take approximately 2 hours from start to finish and did entail (per previous accounts) going to 3 different stations before finally getting our key. We did sign up for a sales pitch (thinking that we may be given a much better room if we just caved in from the beginning). Also, at the 3rd stop, when we were finally getting our key, we were told we would have to wait another 15 minutes if we preferred to be escorted to our room, otherwise we could find it on our own. We were so frustrated by that point, we agreed to go on our own. The place is huge and even using the (extremely tiny) map we were given, we got lost along the way.
We were given a 1 bdrm unit on the 3rd floor of the very new 5900 building. It was huge with 2 flat screen t.v.'s, a complete kitchen and separate dining area for 4. It had a comfortable screened in porch and the bedroom had a king size bed with a couch that pulled out to a full size bed in the living room.The place was fabulous, but I did have a complaint or two. There was NEVER any really hot water no matter what time of day you went to shower! Also, we were in a lockoff unit, and had VERY loud neighbors the first night. There must've been 15-20 people in the apt next to ours singing on a karaoke machine. I enjoy a good laugh along with everyone, but not at 1 a.m. when none of us could get to sleep! It took 2 calls to security while I held the phone up for them to hear, but they immediately quieted down and by the next afternoon, they were gone! Hope it wasn't because of me...

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank SuzyQ51

Ariel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
0 mi away
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!