Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Wyndham Cypress Palms(Orlando)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn(Kissimmee)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2006

I feel like I made a good decision when I chose to stay at this property. After reading every travel book available on DW at my local bookstore, and every review imaginable on-line; after booking, then canceling at several off-property hotels; after thinking and rethinking every hotel and motel in the Disney area, I finally...hesitantly...began the trip to Disney World on May 6, 2006 with reservations booked at Travelodge East Gate Orange.

I was a Disney kid...grew up going to Disney at least once a year, usually staying on-property, and always thought it was such a magical place. So naturally I wanted my own children, on their first visit, to have as magical a time as I had. But my family's finances didn't afford the luxury of staying on-property. I guess we could have scraped by and done it, especially at one of the Value resorts, but my husband and I wanted a larger room (two small children in very close quarters for a week is not my husband's idea of a vacation). So, off-property seemed the logical choice. And to make a long story a little shorter, I focued on "suite" type rooms which had at least a micro-fridge combo and a sitting area, that were reasonably inexpensive, and which were still close enough to DW that we could get to the parks easily without too much travel time. And after about six months of research and second-guessing myself I settled on this Travelodge (second-closest Travelodge on 192).

When we arrived at this bright, almost garrish, pink hotel that sat next to a flea market with a bright orange roof on it, my stomach almost did a filp. As far as the hotel's style went, I was a little nervous about what I'd find on the inside. But, thanks to my children's amazingly good behavior on the car trip down, we arrived a day BEFORE our reservations and were extremely tired. I had been hoping that we would be able to check in a day early and that the hotel would be able to accommodate us. Now I wasn't so sure, but I kept an open mind and went into the lobby.

The lobby itself was small, but its style was a little toned down from the bright outside decor--nothing too posh, but nothing scary either. On waiting to check in, however, another vacationer in front of me was in the process of telling the manager that his family's room was not acceptable, that it didn't "live up" to the photos on the web, and that when his wife booked it, they had been expecting something all-together different. The manager was very polite to the man, took care of him with no hassles, and even thanked him for trying the hotel. I decided to keep my open mind open a little longer and just see how the room turned out before I bolted. When the manager waited on me, he was very pleasant and professional, didn't make any excuses for what I'd just overheard, and even accommodated my extra night without having to move me around during our stay to do it. He also offered local info on restaurant and attractions. I took the keys and proceeded to my room.

When I opened the hotel door, I found the room to be EXACTLY as the photos online had pictured it. I'm not sure if all of the rooms were as clean and well-appointed as mine was (there did seem to be some renovations going on in rooms around ours), but there was nothing I could complain about. I'm not sure if the man who I had heard checking out before he checked in had expected a four star hotel on an economy budget, but as far as I was concerned, my room was more than I could expect for the paltry $46 a night I was paying. The room was spotless. There was not even any dust on the lamps! The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but the room made up for this with a Working refrigerator and microwave, a clean sofa with a coffee table, and an extra dining table with two chairs just perfect for feeding my two little ones during an afternoon snack. All in all I was quite pleasantly surprised. When my husband made the discovery that our remote control had no batteries, I thought "uh-oh", but a quick call to the front desk had a new remote there in under fifteen minutes. After that we had no other problems. No bugs, ants or roaches, always enough towels, and I was even able to keep our laundry done in the coin laundry by the pool while my husband and I watched the kids play in the water. And the pool was NEVER crowded. On two nights, we were the only ones at the pool.

Safety had been another concern of mine, but I never felt that we were at risk here, even though this hotel only has exterior corridors. Our room was around back (not poolside, but close to a breezeway that gave us quick access to the pool and laundry), and there was never very much noise. The hotel was located very close to some good restaurants like the Macaroni Grill, and Boston Lobster Feast, and it was right across the street from an easy Krispy-Kreme doughnut breakfast.

Oh yes, and as far as that garrish pink exterior went, after a long day at the parks, I was able to spot the hotel a lot easier than others around it. Evey evening I just looked for the bright pink and orange! Not to mention the fact that my kids loved staying at the PINK HOTEL! Since we've been back, all I've heard is that they want to go back to that Pink Hotel. When we do make a return trip to DW, they'll probably get their wish! What a wonderful vacation it turned out to be!

24  Thank rainey1
Reviewed April 24, 2006

My husband just checked into this hotel (end of April 2006). The pool is not open.and they didn't tell him until after he had checked in. They did tell him that he could use the pool in the hotel that is right next door. If you don't like this idea perhaps you should call before you book this hotel and see if the pool is open.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Joseph D
RobinLucca, General Manager at Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2006

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your thoughts regarding your stay with Travelodge Suites. We value all our guest comments and suggestions for improvements and upgrades.

During yiour stay with us, our pool was indeed closed for resurfacing of the pool and deck areas. Our neighboring hotel was kind in allow our guests to share thier pool during this process. The tropical pool area now has a fresh new look.

Travelodge Suites looks forward to the opportunity of hosting a future visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2006

This was our second stay at this location. In the year since we had stayed here last they have added alarm clocks and coffee machines to the rooms. They have also cleaned up the breakfast area and put in a tile floor, much better. The manager, Robin, is excellent. She is prompt, courteous and friendly. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The price was perfect for the budget minded tourists. The pool is clean and kept at a wonderful temperature. The hottub is exactly that HOT and that was awesome after a long day at the theme parks. The rooms had two double beds, plus a pull out sofa. The beds (including the sofabed) were very comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. The carpeting was very obviously new and the outside appeared to have had a fresh coat of paint. The best thing about the free breakfast is that it is free, the bad part is that it is standard budget hotel breakfast juice, coffee, packaged donuts. You are surrounded by restaurants many within walking distant. There is a superWalmart just around the corner (brand new, I might add) and the hotel is directly on the bus route. There is a large flea market next door and you are moments away from the parks. As far as we are concerned this is a great place to stay at a great price with great service. No complaints on our end, none at all.

• Stayed: March 2006
13  Thank SoLittletime2Travel
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We stayed for one week the end of April, 2005. I had read reviews prior to booking so was a little nervous.
The staff were great, efficient and very friendly. Continental breakfast was packaged donuts, on occasion fresh donuts and rolls, juice, coffee. The room was large and beds very comfortable. The pull-out sofa was comfortable for my older children as well. The housekeeping staff went out of their way daily to see that we had all we needed and kept it clean.

My only concern was that the temp outside was 88* and the pool was still heated to a very warm 85*. We are planning to go back this April and will stay at this hotel. Close to everything and shuttle drivers are fantastic and humerous!

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank bwilburn542004
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We have stayed here several times over the past 10 years and really like the location. It takes no more than 15 minutes to drive from the hotel to the Disney theme park parking lots. It's great value for money and close to great dining on the 192. This year we were pleased to see that the outside of the hotel has been pained as has the pool area. It's much cleaner and brighter. The room we had on the first floor must have been recently renovated as the tub and shower looked brand new. The carpet certainly was spotless - this is the first time thas this has been evident in our stay here. The continental breakfast is packaged donuts etc but I have stayed elsewhere on the 192 and that's what they all serve for the same rate. I've paid more and got no better value. We will certainly be back because the location is excellent for the theme parks and for access to the toll roads to the beaches and airport. It's clean and as all the rooms are "suites" you get plenty of space. For the cheap rates they sell these rooms, it's value for money for the budget traveller who is out all day at the parks.

• Stayed: August 2005