“TraveLodge Nightmare”

Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Ranked #94 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel use to be very good, but now it is not so nice. For example, the room is packed with some elaborate used furniture. The air conditioner never work good. The bathroom is rapidly deteriorating. It seems as if the owner not able to, or not interested in investing more money in this property. The location is excellent and also convenient to all team parks and restaurants. I am NOT trying to bash this hotel. However, I am just saying the truth. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i like the place.
i had a good time, the location is perfect. we all are satisfied with the hotel.
i recived good help from the people.
the breakfast could be better.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. My Neice was graduating from college and we had Disney passes; completely within time frame for each...we enjoyed our 4 days. Will come back again and stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsBouie
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge from September 26 – 30.

Let me start with the Pros:
The staff is really friendly, helpful and eager to please. They have great customer service. The beds were very comfortable. The Breakfast is simple, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, Danish and coffee. It is not much but this is what my kids and I eat anyway so it was good and it was free what more could you ask for. This being said now I have to give you the bad news. I feel bad since the staff is so great but I have to be honest.

The cons:
I requested a refurbished room which once I saw it realized what a joke that was. The first room was #111 the carpet was dirty and worn, the sofa bed looked like it had seen better days, it was broken and stained. The beds were nice looking but also showed some real wear and tear. I unpacked and went to eat. When I returned there were people on the second floor having a party on the balcony and kids screaming at the top of their lungs. I called the front desk and requested to be moved to a quieter area. I was then given room #158. It was quiet and near the pool and playground. The parking for the room was at the back of the motel and it was dark and scary, I did not feel safe at all. I would like to point out that there is no security at this location so you are on your own. This room appeared in the same condition as the first very worn and not refurbished. The paint was chipping the fridge was rusty the water from the shower was barely warm. The bathroom tile was dirty. Thd door looked like it was about to fall apart and it did not close right, you had to slam it so that it would close. I was too tired and did not want to move again and also what would be the point two rooms and both were the same. Would like to remind everyone that these rooms were supposed to be refurbished. One day we returned early from the parks to use the pool. The hot tub water was really gross, the pool was ok but looked old, broken and a bit rundown. They have a laundry facility which I used but it had no AC and was extremely hot. They had an arcade located in the laundry room, but it was so hot that no one child could possibly play anything in there. The day we stayed at the pool there were some young tweens hanging out at the pool alone and running wild, not one person from the staff told them to stop. At the pool there were some young children about 7-9 unsupervised by adults and also acting out of control to the point that I had to tell them to stop because they pushed my 4 year old daughter.

I feel bad about giving this place a bad rating because the staff was so nice. When I checked out the man asked me how my stay was and I told him. He was very apologetic and told me that next time I should ask to see the room first and approve it before I accepted.

If you do not mind rundown this is a place to sleep and not much else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rosetta66
Reviewed October 2, 2012

for the time i was there i enjoyed the room overall if i wa to visit floride i would choose travellodge for my stay once again lovely swencery convience the price was excellent for a person on a budget and still be able to have avacation away from home and not be worried about if the sta is going to pleasant or horrible whether the beds are going to be clean or dirty yes i wouly choose your hotel or lodge again to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business