1,684 results
All reviews bunk beds old town pizza hut family suite disney parks amusement park magic kingdom business center large pool near disney orlando shuttle maingate playground theme fireworks timeshare
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised at the level of service we received at the East Gate Holiday inn. Frankly, you don't expect too much when you pay an economical price for a hotel. Not nowadays anyway. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were neat and tidy. There wasn't that "hotel smell," which usually consists of every traveller that preceded you along with countless fragrances and stuff you might not want identified. There were gracious accommodations wrapped in a warm, friendly, relaxing atmosphere. I always say that "you get what you pay for." this was much more than I'd bargained for, and that, these days, says a lot. Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of not second-guessing our choice of Hotel, and also giving us an option of stay from now on whenever we're in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I enjoyed my stayat the Holiday Inn and currently visit this location when I am in Orlando. They have wonderful accomidations at this site. I highly recommend those who visit Orlando should stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel three nights after our cruise in Miami. Before our cruise, we stayed at Port of Miami Holiday inn for $130 a night, room was small but the bed was very comfortable. We paid $120 for three nights stay with 2 free breakfast in this Maingate Orlando. We didn't expect much for the cheap price. But it ended up the room was much bigger even with balcony. It is far from the disneyworld and good thing they have free shuttle to save us over $60 R/T for tax. But they only have one pick up in the morning at 8:20am for Magic Kingdom, coming back has three different pick up time. It is very easy to catch the shuttle. There is a customer service desk on the opposite side of the front desk, they will try to sell you discount tickets to disneyworld. Don't waste your time, they are trying to sell the resort. In order to get the discount ticket and you have to spend several hours to listen with them....unless you are interested or have time to do it.
I had a complain about the guy who worked at the cafe being ruded. I spoke with the front desk manager. He is no help at all. Next day I talked with the cafe manager and he was super nice and handle it in the professional way. He makes me feel much better after I spoke with him.
Here is more information about this hotel.
Taxi price to/from airport: $55 one way
Restaurant: McDonald next door, two door down is a good Italian restaurant (about $12-15 per dinner)
Gift Shop: pently of gift shop down the street(good walk).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this location several times this year and return each time for the great service. This time around we were promptly greeted and quickly checked in. Upon unpacking we noticed we were missing a trash pail & ice container. Within minutes of calling Melissa at the front desk, someone in service brought both items including the bucket full of ice! The following evening we went down to grab a glass of wine but the bar had closed early for an employee event. The evening Mgr quickly apologized and offered us breakfast for two and issued two complimentary glasses of wine tickets good for a future visit. Great job team! The location is great, right across from Old Town & easy to get up and down International Drive or connect with I4. We will be back on our next visit to Orlando!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I got this hotel on priceline as a 3 1/2 star. The location was pretty nice and where we wanted to be for our vacation. However, when we checked and got into our room, we found it very unpleasant. The room was very old and the bathroom was dinky with hardly any space to stand. That did not bother me as much until we laid on our beds for getting some rest after our long trip. The moment I laid, I started scratching myself. The room was furnished with two queen size beds.

I asked my wife if she is experiencing the same and she agreed. I informed the hotel staff and they came and changed all the linens. After that we still experienced the same issue. The moment we moved to the other bed in the same room, we were fine. It felt like they may had mites in the bed but hard for me to prove. Towards the end of our stay I moved to Rosen Center on International Blvd and they stay there was awesome. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank twinturbo911
RevDirector, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from all of our guests. Our hotel was just renovated in 2009 and we have had no reported incidents of mites at the hotel.