“Overall Good Stay”

Ranked #41 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hiram, Georgia
“Overall Good Stay”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently had a very good stay at the above mentioned hotel. I'd first like to address the wonderful people that helped my family and me during our stay. First, Kim at the front desk was wonderful! She was very upbeat, always willing to help with any situation, and proactive in fixing any problem thrown her way. She should be a manager. The front desk agent Michelle was equally as helpfull. I love how she's always smiling and cheerful at the front desk; a plus after a long day. Sebastan was very helpful as well. He took the time to fix problems that normally front desk personnel don't usually fix. Now for the things that need improvement. When we initially entered our room, we needed a crib for our daughter. It was on our reservation, but was not in our room when we entered. There were no extra blankets for the fold out bed. My son was cold on the first night we stayed. The trash had not been taken out under the sink from the previous guests. It was also not taken out the second day we stayed. The biggest problem I had with the hotel was that the housekeeping Assistant Manager (tall slender black man in a white collared shirt) walked into our room using his key. I was standing in a towel with my 11 month old daughter crawling next to the door when he walked in. He asked me if I was checking out today, even though I had notified the front desk requesting a late checkout. I also observed the wonderful front desk agents inform housekeeping that I was checking out at 1:00 pm. The housekeeping asst mgr walked in on me at 12:30 pm. This was not good! The last problem I had was the lack of parking. The first three nights I was able to park in front of the hotel. On Friday night the hotel filled up. I couldn't find parking anywhere in the hotel lot. It took me 20 minutes to wait for someone to leave before I could park. Overall the stay was good. Upon hearing about any problems, the front desk personnel gave us vouchers for free breakfast, free drinks, and gave us information on how to earn additional IHG points. The front desk personnel were great. However, the free breakfast vouchers were only good for the continental breakfast. We ended up having to pay for eggs (slightly annoying). Housekeeping, they simply need work!

Room Tip: We booked the junior suite with King sofabed and kitchenette. Great for a small family with kids...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that your interaction with the front desk staff exceeded your expectations. We do apologize for the issues with our Housekeeping department. The items you addressed have been reviewed with our Executive Housekeeper and staff.
Again, thank you for your review and we will use the feedback to continue to improve our operation.

Brad Boland - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband, granddaughter & I were scheduled to stay a weekend at this hotel courtesy of "Holiday Inn Club Vacation." Once we attended the 2 hour required presentation, we would get our $200 refunded & we would go on to Disney. After driving 8 hrs from Georgia to Florida we arrived exhausted & when we got to our room it was a total disgusting MESS! There was an empty Pizza box & other garbage outside the door. Inside the room the rug was filthy with crumbs, clothing tags all over the floor (obviously never vacuumed) .The dresser counter where the TV sat was soiled with grease. The bathroom had empty razor blade covers on the floor along with balls of hair. And for the crescendo ...the beds did not look fresh. The pillow cases were wrinkled (they had not been changed) and when I pulled the cover off (which was so worn & full of holes) the bed had no top flat sheet and there was pizza sauce on the bottom sheet!!!! I went to the front desk to complaint & there were other people their complaining too. One couple's complaint was that they were in bed sleeping & someone walked into their room. The front desk had given someone else their room without realizing it was already occupied! We finally got another room & finally by midnight we were settled in. It was a terrible exhausting fiasco & with a 5 year old! The hotel in general was dirty, and worn. We left in the morning & found another hotel, but before leaving we were promised that we would get our $200 refunded because of the terrible experience & we would not be charged for that night stay. Well guess what? Not only did we not get our $200 refunded, nor the $100 we paid for Disney tickets which we didn't get nor used , we got charged for the night stay!!!!! Now I'm fighting to get all these charges removed from our bill! My advise to anyone thinking of staying at this hotel DON'T !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank dovea
RevAsst, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
We are in receipt of you recent review of our hotel. We are surprised to hear of all off the issues you encountered with us. As you can see by the other reviews this is not the norm for our hotel. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation when they stay with us. Based on your comments, you were on a package with Orange lake, therefore the hotel would not have charged any of your night’s stay.

Please feel free contact me to address any of your needs at stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com.

Stephen Zuravin
Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

new york
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This dated large hotel is poorly maintained and borders on dangerous. The first room we entered had no working air conditioning. We were switched to a room with working air but had mold in the shower. We had to complain about this 3 times finally very loudly before the problem was properly solved on the third day. I believe mold is a serious health problem and I shudder to think of the condition in all of their other rooms. The mattresses were soft one of the lights didn't work, the swith on the air was defective. In general a place in poor condition.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doctorj6
RevAsst, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
On behalf of all of us here at the Holiday Inn Orlando Celebration we would like to thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet or exceed your expectations and hope that prior to your departure you bought any issues that you may have had to the attention of one of our staff which are available 24/7 at the Front Desk. We are happy that our engineering staff was able to repair your issue regarding the AC. If you would like to discuss your experience further please feel free to contact me directly @ Stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com.

Stephen Zuravin
Front Office Manager
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I spent a couple nights here with my two kids. We went to disney two days and hung out at the pool one day. Rooms are clean and spacious. Beds were very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was nice. They offer a large variety and two kids are free with one paying adult. So I thought it was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank love22222travel
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you and your family had a great time while staying with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the cleanliness of the guestrooms and our pool area. Our Kid’s Eat Free program is very popular with families.

Again, thank you for your feedback & we look forward to see you on your next trip to the area.
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The service was excellent, the accommodations were very clean and up kept, and the amenities were plenty. Whether staying for business or a family getaway, this location offers a very comfortable stay. I only stayed one night, in the area on business, and was very comfortable.

Room Tip: I always avoid a room near the elevator and the ice machine, as the noise levels are always higher o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for your positive review from your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our staff exceeded your expectations while you were here. We appreciate your comments on how clean the hotel is and how well maintained it is.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Brad Boland
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff at this location are great. The hotel is centrally located near all of the area attractions.
The hotel is clean and the recreation areas are well kept. I have stayed here before and am always happy with the service and can always trust that my room is clean and that my family is safe. The pool and outdoor patio is a great place to relax and the kids loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you found the staff exceeding your expectations and that the hotel’s facilities worked very well for you and your family.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Polk City, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stay at this hotel due to it's location to Fun Spots Amusement Park. My kids really enjoy going there. Hotel is across the street from the park. There are many options to eat in the area. We did use the Pizza Hut as it was right across from the pool. The people were friendly and the kids really liked the room with the bunk beds and having their own TV.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location, our Pizza Hut and especially the Kid’s Suites with the bunk beds & additional TV. All of these items are very popular with our guests, especially during spring break.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.