Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
EmbassySuites.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
$156
$139
$312
$255
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$50
$45
Average 3/5
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$105
$40
TripAdvisor
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$119
HotelsClick
1,608 results
All reviewsbunk bedsold townpizza hutamusement parkdisney parksfood courtfree shuttlegift shopbusiness centermagic kingdomnice poolfamily suitenear disneydisney vacationorlandoplaygroundtheme
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Holiday Inn Main Gate East from 11-11-13 to 11-16-13.

We booked Mears transport to bring us to the hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and checked in. We were told that this hotel has resort fees for each day. This hotel was NOT a resort by any means. I had to ask if there were any specials or coupons and the front desk person directed me to their travel relations.

The lady was very helpful and gave us coupons for food and shows. She wanted us to book a time share tour with their affiliate hotel, but we declined.

We got to our room on the 5th floor and it had two queen size beds (the online site we booked confirmed that) but we did not care.

I am a clean/neat freak and I don't feel the cleanliness was up to par. The toilet and tub were not as clean as they could be. For example, around the toilet on the bottom were some yellow stains. Also the shower smelled moldy. We did not complain about our room, we made do.

The hotel did not have a free continental breakfast, you had to pay for everything. We eat one morning and the food was standard.

One big reason we booked this hotel was because of the free shuttle service to Disney World, the shuttle only picked you up at two times in the later morning and later at night from the parks. I felt there should had been an earlier time to get picked up and dropped off. Our driver was very nice and would explain the times/activities of each park for that day. He also would direct you which buses/monorails to take.

Overall the stay was average, nothing special and by no means was a resort of any kind. I would not stay here again, I feel for a little extra money, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your feedback regarding your experience.

We do charge a Resort/Service fee that covers services including transportation to the theme parks, pool activities, free Internet, in-room safes and free local phone calls. The fee is listed on our brand and third party websites, through our Central Reservations office, and is disclosed once again during check-in. The majority of hotels in our area charge this fee and we truly feel it is a benefit to our guests when you consider all that it includes.

We do apologize that you were not happy with your room accommodations at check-in. Based on your length of stay, we wish you would have contacted our guest services desk or housekeeping to address your needs. We have staff on duty 24 hours a day to accommodate guest’s needs.

We apologize for any confusion regarding our complementary shuttle service to the Magic Kingdom. The shuttle runs three times a day from the hotel to the Magic Kingdom and four times a day for guests returning from the Magic Kingdom. We have many hotels in our area run off the same schedule and we receive many positive comments from our guests using this service. We will also be sure and pass on your positive comments regarding the drivers to the shuttle company.

Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel. We will use your feedback to continue to enhance our guest experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

showed up to the holiday inn awesome customer service ezequiel and sabastian did an amzing job at my check inn made my stay much more pleasant due to me having to work threw thanksgiving thanks guys again1 room was nice all in all hotel and staff very friendly comfy beds !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our staff exceeded your expectations and made your stay very enjoyable. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations during their visit. We also appreciate your comments on your guestroom accommodations.

We will be sure and pass on your comments to both Ezequiel and Sebastian. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orlando/Celebration area.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times in the past, this time got the room with bunkbeds and kids loved it! Great hotel, good price, friendly staff and perfect for kids with kiddie pool, bunk beds, and free breakfast for kids. I used my points for 2 nights and was treated with a welcome gift, paid absolutely nothing for the room, was given more bonus points, and had a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that your family enjoyed our Kid’s Suite with the bunk beds along with the rest of the services and facilities the hotel has to offer.

We would like to recognize your status as an IHG Rewards member. We are glad you were able to use your IHG Reward points for your stay. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I book my trip last month through WestJet vacations and Holiday Inn was one of the optional hotels. My first experience with them was when I e- mailed the hotel about 2 weeks before my arrival requesting a pool view room. Jessica was very quick getting back to me to let me know she changed me reservation to a pool view. Then I e mailed her back and asked if I could have a balcony and with no hesitation she e mailed me back again to say that everything was taken care of. When I arrived on Nov. 16 I was greeted by 2 men on the desk Sebastian and another guy (sorry I don't remember his name) They were very professional and friendly. I arrived in my room and the view was great. I could see across the street to old town. A couple of days later I noticed our fridge wasn't working, when I went down to let them know on the desk they sent someone right away and by the time I got back to my room the fridge was nice a cold. The other staff were nice and friendly as well. Sebastian helped me find a store I was looking for. It was like I knew him for awhile he was so easy to talk to. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks to Sebastian and all the other staff for being helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

On behalf of our team at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive review.

We are so pleased that that that Jessica, our Reservations Manager, was proactive and followed up on your requests prior to arrival. Your comments regarding your interaction Sebastian are heartwarming as it is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation when they stay with us. We will be sure and pass on your comments to both individuals.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

A large hotel, with all amenities. Good location close to Magic Kingdom, and right across from Old Town. Nice lobby, which is kind of part of a central area adjacent to guest services and restaurants. There is a Pizza Hut Express and A & W right on site...kids will like this. Check in and overall service was fine...wi-fi was very slow...so don;t expect to do a lot of web surfing from your room. It was better in the lobby area. lots of free parking , and a smallish outdoor pool area...Overall it was just fine, and we would stay there again, with no hesitation. It is on a busy area of Kissimmee for traffic, not an issue, but just be careful in trying to get in and out of parking lot.i

Room Tip: A good hotel if it is a place to use as home base for Disney Travel....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location to the Magic Kingdom and local attractions. We apologize for the for the slow internet connection. We are working with our internet provider to correct the issue. Our Pizza Hut Express and A&W outlets are a big hit with our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area!